Bruce Li Fights an APE!

Guest gfanikf

Guest gfanikf
This is a new section of the site curtosey of my friend Brad who is an aficando of just plain weird films and a lot of them are kung fu related. His youtube channel has more than just kung fu so make sure to check it out (especially if you like Godzilla films and the ilk..

hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2...s-ape.html

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gfanikf

I don't know the APE looks like he trained with Yuen Biao. It's not like its a Godfrey Ho ape ;) .

Seriously I have to imagine thats not the worst thing in his career. That ape had more moves than Yuen Woo Ping in the tiger suit in GOD II

Guest Vorvadoss
I bet Ho Chung Tao cringes ever time he watches that scene....

Sorry to say.. I bet MOST people who have seen this cringe also while watching it. This stuff is just plain horrible. I love cheese like the next guy but christ this is baaaad. And the ape suit is just laughable.

Guest monwobobbo

c'mon BRUCE LEE (LI) THE INVINCIBLE is a fun movie and the ape fight is hilarious. ranks right up there with carter wong battling the gorillas in SHAOLIN INVINCIBLES.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Lol,that mean ass granny got what she deserved from Bruce Li, trying to make a hooker out of that young girl.....

Yeah I can't say that ape wasn't talented Gfanikf, but that was the phoneyist looking gorilla costume I've ever seen and gee was it a stupid scene. :P

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

You know, I'm pretty sure the whole fight started because the monkey didn't get a bigger part in BRUCE LEE IN NEW GUINEA. What a ham.

If you listen carefully, on the shot where its eyes are oozing out of its skull you can hear it groan "What I really want to do is direct."

Guest Chinatown Kid

:lol Von that was damn funny! Never knew that ape had such high ambitions..... Gfanikf i'm curious to know what you thought about Mighty Peking Man, I thought it wasn't to bad for a King Kong ripoff. Plus it had the lovely Evelyn Kraft in it.

One of the absolutely worst ape movies I've seen has to be King of Kong Island. King Kong isn't even in it, it's about Gorrillas being mind controlled by these devices planted in their head and you can hardly make sense of the incoherent plot. Super low budget crap....

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

And here he is again, in BRUCE LI THE INVINCIBLE'S virtually identical twin brother, BRUCE LEE IN NEW GUINEA. He doesn't really get to do much after this scene, unfortunately.

Guest gfanikf
Gfanikf i'm curious to know what you thought about Mighty Peking Man, I thought it wasn't to bad for a King Kong ripoff. Plus it had the lovely Evelyn Kraft in it.

Funny story about that. I actually first saw MPM by mistake when I rented it thinking it must be A*P*E. I had seen A*P*E on AMC about 7-10 years ago and was firmally convinced it may be the greatest film ever made. Of course without the net and such I had no idea what the hell it was. So I rent MPM and much to my annoyance its not the same film. I didn't mind it but not seeing A*P*E just soured the expereince. Just recently I saw a youtube clip and I'm like wow this is way better than Peter Jackson's crap film. So I rent the VHS only copy I find. problem is its fullscreen and it just kills the film since it was in Shawscope. So now I'm waiting for it to come via blockbuster online. I have feeling I'll enjoy it greatly. How is that for a side story.

Guest Chinatown Kid

So you actually came to see it by accident thinking it was the APE film, ha that is quite an interesting tale. I have several of the giant monster films on DVD like Mighty Peking Man, King Kong vs Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, and Frankenstein Conquers the World and think they are great camp. I have yet to see A*P*E* though, I'll have to check it out when I get a chance. Have you ever seen that terrible film I mentioned called King of Kong Island? If you haven't be sure to steer clear of it, it's pretty bad.

Guest chen lung

Aren't you forgetting Game of Death 2's lion (of which Roy Horan dated for a while right after the films release), or this?

:lol

Guest chen lung
Bruce should've learned from the ape instead and created a new style calling it 'Ape-fist'

:lol

I wonder how the BBFC would react to this ape fight:b .

Guest DragonMa55

I think they would've objected to the sexual situations such as the ape raping the tree or more than likely they would've banned it for being such a blatantly lousy fight scene, no hall of fame for that one.

Archived