FLAG OF IRON--media blasters cover

bobo

• Administrator

Best Buy's website lists this as coming out next Tuesday, but I saw it at F.Y.E. yesterday. Couldn't afford to pick it up, so I can't comment on it, except to say it has the embossed cardboard slipcover like the others. For me, as others have mentioned, that's just a big old waste. Do we really need to cut downmore trees in the rain forest so we can have a slip cover that looks exactly like the inner sleeve? A huge waste of time, money, and materials in my opinion. Do I sound bitter? You would to if you had this film in your hands but couldn't bring it home! LOL :xd:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I haven't been to our local FYE this week but I will and wil get it. I'm sure like the other Media Blasters releases it will be solid.

Best Buy's website lists this as coming out next Tuesday, but I saw it at F.Y.E. yesterday. Couldn't afford to pick it up, so I can't comment on it, except to say it has the embossed cardboard slipcover like the others. For me, as others have mentioned, that's just a big old waste. Do we really need to cut downmore trees in the rain forest so we can have a slip cover that looks exactly like the inner sleeve? A huge waste of time, money, and materials in my opinion. Do I sound bitter? You would to if you had this film in your hands but couldn't bring it home! LOL :xd:

I agree what a waste, they could save some cheese and just do away with the stupid slipcover which goes in the garbage. I take it some ahole's CEO's cousin bought the machine to make the damn things and got the contract:neutral:

fellas

slipcovers are my enemy....no joke. we will get about 50 units of one title in the store with those stupid covers, making it twice as long to prep (along with those damn safety clips). and don't even get me started when i have to send a single copy of a movie to someone that ordered a film with a slipcase. getting it in to an envelope is torture. i say do away with them for good. they are useless

I mean sure they look nice so long as you are careful with them but after time the wear and tear starts to look crappy. Also as mentioned before the amount of paper waste is a little ridiculous.

I honestly never thought about the people that have to prep them and ship them.....sorry to hear it's a big pain. I hate to see peoples jobs made unnessarily more difficult or stressful.

• Administrator
fellas

slipcovers are my enemy....no joke. we will get about 50 units of one title in the store with those stupid covers, making it twice as long to prep (along with those damn safety clips). and don't even get me started when i have to send a single copy of a movie to someone that ordered a film with a slipcase. getting it in to an envelope is torture. i say do away with them for good. they are useless

I honestly never thought about the people that have to prep them and ship them.....sorry to hear it's a big pain. I hate to see peoples jobs made unnessarily more difficult or stressful.

Gorhama- you're too nice! And jiujitsu77, I've already told you a hundred times- getting those slipcovered DVDs into envelopes is good practice for the jujutsu move "Fist slips in mouth without being scratched by opponent's teeth, then rips out throat from inside out". Most jujutsu practitioners are familiar with this ancient, and effective technique. The trick is to dart your hand into the mouth in a knife hand, then grab the tongue and yank the insides out before being bitten. A lot of amateur's tear their fingernails on their opponent's teeth, forget to enter the mouth using the knife hand (thereby knocking out the teeth), or do too much follow through (missing the tongue completely and tearing a hole through the back of the head). All of these mistakes can be easily corrected through lots of practice to get that muscle memory going. That's why I invented Kung Fu Bob's Tongue-Tearing Slipcover Shipping Practice Technique (patent pending), for the perfect compliment to a jujutsu man's training! So jiujitsu77, quit yer crying, and get back to practice! "Are we not men? What is the law?!" :wink:

DeathFuMaster

The worse thing about slip covers(besides taking up space)is when you get them from a retailer that puts a price sticker on the front of it. When I go to peel the sticker off, the damned thing takes some of the picture with it!!! It drives me nuts, because I have always taken care of my belongs.

• Administrator
The worse thing about slip covers(besides taking up space)is when you get them from a retailer that puts a price sticker on the front of it. When I go to peel the sticker off, the damned thing takes some of the picture with it!!! It drives me nuts, because I have always taken care of my belongs.

Okay, from one geek to another- here's how to solve that problem. Take the DVD out of the case, put the slipcover back on the case, then use a blowdryer- on a low setting- to heat up the sticker for 20-30 seconds. Then peel it off. Usually this works like a charm (about 9 out of 10 times), allowing the sticker to release without damaging the slipcover. Then, using the removed sticker, blot at any little remnants of adhesive to remove them. :nerd:

Okay, from one geek to another- here's how to solve that problem. Take the DVD out of the case, put the slipcover back on the case, then use a blowdryer- on a low setting- to heat up the sticker for 20-30 seconds. Then peel it off. Usually this works like a charm (about 9 out of 10 times), allowing the sticker to release without damaging the slipcover. Then, using the removed sticker, blot at any little remnants of adhesive to remove them. :nerd:

Your knowledge has no bounds. You're my DVD hero!!

Good tip Bob, I actually use the same tip on my dvd's and also books. (pretty much anything with a price/sticker) My girlfriend use to think I was nuts until she actually saw me work my magic!! (wink wink.. nudge nudge) :xd:

• Administrator
Is this movie essential? Ive never seen it and I'm on the fence about a blind buy.

I would certainly say YES. I really enjoy this one, and think it has great action.

mitthrawnuruondo

the 2 copies i saw at BB today were without slipcovers.its kinda mandatory for me at this point as all the others in the series have them.for display purposes.has anyone bought this at bb and gotten a slipcover?

• Administrator
the 2 copies i saw at BB today were without slipcovers.its kinda mandatory for me at this point as all the others in the series have them.for display purposes.has anyone bought this at bb and gotten a slipcover?

The ones at the Best Buy near me were the same- no slipcovers.

I ordered mine from Amazon and it came with a slipcover... but did see it at my local BB and no go on the slipcover. (they had 2 copies)

Archived