FLAG OF IRON--media blasters cover

bobo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Works for me as well, but who knows, they might change the cover again. I know Martial Club and 10 Tigers Of Kwangtung had different covers before they were released.

Their films are looking really good. I played my DD Heroes of The East today on my Blu-Ray player... Wooo -Hooo!!! Looks outstanding, and it's not even High Def.

their films are looking really good. I played my mb heroes of the east today on my blu-ray player... wooo -hooo!!! looks outstanding, and it's not even high def.

MB Heroes of the East????? I thought DD released that one?

mantis FIST

They did and all their releases look excellent!

im likin the media blaster dvds alot ... i have challenge of the masters , ten tigers, deadly duo

all of them look great .

i got flag of iron , bootleg english dubb, not sure weather to get this version ..

im likin the media blaster dvds alot ... i have challenge of the masters , ten tigers, deadly duo

all of them look great .

i got flag of iron , bootleg english dubb, not sure weather to get this version ..

Always helps to support legitimate companies releasing movies!! So hopefully they will release more!!

all of them look great .

Yeah throw the boot away, this will be well worth picking up.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Same here- I've got the IVL/Celestial release, but I'll still be picking up the US release (after I get a new job!).:yociexp100:

:khi6i:

Gee, wonder what "company" made that bootleg.

Anyway, knowing Media Blasters, they should have the best quality English dub available, as opposed to using a 5th generation VHS copy for the source. They usually try to get them straight from Celestial, but if they can't and have to resort to other means (SP factory VHS, American film print, etc), they put a warning at the front of the film saying that the English dub may be from an unremastered source. Martial Club is one such example, but despite the warning, the quality of the English dub still sounded great.

Also, unlike those bootlegs, the Media Blasters releases give you the option to watch it dubbed or subtitled, not JUST dubbed. Not to mention the video quality is much better (bootleg's crappy compressed and interlaced PAL to NTSC transfer, or Media Blasters crisp 24fps progressive scan transfer at a steady bitrate... hmm, tough choice.)

kungfusamurai

Is Media Blasters in the market of making Blu Ray discs? On the one hand, I wanna buy their DVDs, but I don't want to double dip if the Blu Rays are coming around the corner. Any hints that Flag of Iron Blu Ray could be happening?

KFS

Oops! My bad. I was so excited to write my comment I meant to say DD. However, they (The Shaws), also look great on the MB releases.

corrected.

Is Media Blasters in the market of making Blu Ray discs? On the one hand, I wanna buy their DVDs, but I don't want to double dip if the Blu Rays are coming around the corner. Any hints that Flag of Iron Blu Ray could be happening?

KFS

Ehhhh, right now, they've only released ONE blu-ray... Ichi The Killer. And, if they ever decide to release any Shaw BRs, they'll probably start from the beginning... so most likely, Heroes Two would be the first. However, I don't think The Master was an HD transfer, so that may be out of the question. I dunno, gets confusing. I'm still sad about BCI dropping out, as they went into DVD and blu-rays together right away.

Oops! My bad. I was so excited to write my comment I meant to say DD. However, they (The Shaws), also look great on the MB releases.

Agreed, they do look great!! I'm just happy to have more SHAWs!! Very much looking forward to FLAG OF IRON!!

Should be in the stores tomorrow.

Hmm, Flag of Iron, looks like I'll have to put off buying Batman Arkham Asylum for the PS3.

Archived