Opium and the Kung fu Master -- blu ray

shaolindogpaw

shaolindogpaw

Been awhile since i posted, have been pretty busy. Anyways, I picked this up on amazon for 10 bucks and watched it. It has made owning a stand alone blue ray player worth it. For the most part the picture was as sharp as any other blu ray movie, at times i could see the glue (or whatever they use) to keep the wigs on. I could see every little detail. And what a great movie for blu ray, I love this movie. The action is fantastic, the story is heart felt and amazing, and had some great performances from every actor involved.

Special Features:

Interviews! The interviews are a very nice feature and include Chen Kuan-tai, Li Han-sheng, and Mai Tak-Lo.

The insert is a 10 page booklet on the Shaw Brothers studio and the movie, and check this out guys... this brought the warm fuzzies:

This Blue-Ray disc is dedicated to Linn Hayes who helped me greatly with the choosing of the 15 titles BCI is releasing. He was also going to oversee all the special features on these releases. He is greatly missed by me and all the Shaw Brother and martial arts fans.

I'm also going to review Enter the Dragon -- Blu Ray when i get a chance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolindogpaw

Doh! Just noticed there was another post about this. Meh, fresh perspective never hurt anyone.

Wheat Thin Man

I bought this movie about a month ago and it served as my introduction to the Shaw Brothers films. Needless to say, I loved it, and I'm amazed at how good it looks on Blu-Ray. Anyone with a player needs to pick this up.

Archived