I just bought

gravedigger666

gravedigger666

...clan of amazons

descendant of the sun

flying dagger

Are any of these particularly interesting or should I just add them to pile of movies-waiting-to-be-watched-one-day?Plz do not tell me to watch them and make up my mind(not bad advice though but I have loads to see and hard making decisions+lately seems 1 movie/day is most)...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

Clan of Amazons and Flying Dagger are decent but not must see, Descendant of the Sun is more a do not see, one of the worst things I've seen to come out of Shaws, a dreadful movie

gravedigger666
Descendant of the Sun is more a do not see, one of the worst things I've seen to come out of Shaws, a dreadful movie

ouch and that is last I picked...walked out of shop but returned to purchase it....

I love Descendant of the Sun, it's one of my very favourite Chor Yuan films, a great fun win for an extremely hit & miss director for me; I find it much more entertaining than Clan of Amazons, & Shaw-wise than Flying Dagger.

Problem is, me & Ironfistedmonk are complete opposite ends of the kung spectrum - he can't abide nutty flying OTT stuff, especially if it relishes in being demented it seems - I love that stuff like manna. Descendant definitely falls beautifully into the demented category.

Who you gonna listen to?

gravedigger666

Well I remember there was time I enjoyed Chu Yuan films like "the enchantress" which offers a little storyline concerning and not much more in fighting department.But somehow while watching those fall into some kind of spell forgot all shortcomings and just enjoyed very lovely sets and waiting who will gets poisoned next.I grow bored of them later but think will try to recapture spirit with Descendant:)

for the record chu yuan is also one to blame one of my absolute Shaw favs jade tiger

Archived