The Mangificent Trio - Image

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Haven't been keeping track of the Image releases... anyone got this yet?

Is it any good? Better than the IVL? Flaws and shit??

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was Image's most recent release, The Lizard? If DVDTalk's review is any indication of THAT film, looks like Image hasn't improved their releases of the SB films. *sigh* You know, if all you have is the same old pal-to-ntsc interlaced transfer, just leave it like that and don't try anything to "fix" it.

I honestly don't know if you can fix a pal-to-ntsc interlaced transfer. I know how to convert pal to progressive scan ntsc, I know how to deinterlace a film from 30i to 24p... but I don't know how to convert a pal-to-ntsc 30i transfer back to a 25p transfer... and THEN convert it to 24p NTSC. God, my head hurts.

At least Media Blasters has been getting it right. Even their one interlaced transfer, Heroes Two, was at least at the proper film speed.

Guest Markgway

The Magnificent Trio is my favourite Chang Cheh film and I was hoping to be able to upgrade - if only for the Mandarin mono. But obviously I don't want something that looks worse than the one I already have (IVL).

Like I said, while I can't confirm that exact disc, it looks like Image isn't changing their ways anytime soon... you'd think with all of the feedback towards their transfers, they'd back off trying to "fix" them... they're only making them worse! :(

gravedigger666

I am not expert on tech-issues but scandinavian release looks very decent.Movie is also very good,has spaghetti western feel on it.Out of topic I was about to pick up Image version of "thunderbolt fist" but backed off when saw price,25€.Other images are 18€(and mediablasters 17€) owner said thunderbolt has limited edition hence pricetag.Is this really true?I dun think so,shaw titles unfortunantely dun sell a lot why make limited release then?

Killer Meteor
The Magnificent Trio is my favourite Chang Cheh film and I was hoping to be able to upgrade - if only for the Mandarin mono. But obviously I don't want something that looks worse than the one I already have (IVL).

The UK was mono with subs but non-anamorphic

Dutch and Scandivavian are mono and anamorphic but no subs

mitthrawnuruondo

i watched this from blockbuster.com rental a couple months back so it has been released.i didnt notice any problems with the picture,but to be totally honest i wasnt really looking for any either.i did however enjoy a great kung fu flick i had not seen before.

Guest Markgway
The UK was mono with subs but non-anamorphic

Yeah, that was a bugger.

Dutch and Scandivavian are mono and anamorphic but no subs

:S

masterofoneinchpunch
So no one actually has this?

And you guys call yourself fans!?!

I just bought this on the Deep Discount (with discount). So in a month I'll be able to tell you more about the purchase :D (this has not been at any Best Buy or FYE here in Modesto).

The only R1 Shaw Brother's release I am missing (I just purchased Martial Club) is Black Magic 2 (could not find that on Deep Discount and haven't seen it at any stores here; so I'll have to buy Amazon I guess).

Guest Markgway

Can someone explain to me why this DVD only has English HOH subs?

I mean, seriously, are they fucking kidding...?

At least it's mono.

Archived