Hard Revenge Millie and Fist

blue_skies

Has anybody seen these two Japanese short martial-arts/ action films? If so were they any good? is it possible to get them with English subtitles and where from?

Cheers for any help in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WuxiaFan
Has anybody seen these two Japanese short martial-arts/ action films? If so were they any good? is it possible to get them with English subtitles and where from?

Cheers for any help in advance.

Yes, I ordered HARD REVENGE MILLY from HKFlix.com. I was very disappointed! I didn't like it all. It was EXTREMELY gorey and bloody, and I can take a lot of gore and blood in the right context. But HRM was just stupid and over the top. The villians were extremely evil, to the point of killing a baby. That was just too much for me as a father. There are also supernatural effects in the lead female when she finally exacted her revenge, but again it was just stupid and didn't make any sense to me.:P

The version I bought (and subsequently sold to a local retailer) had Japanese audio with English subs. It was R0 NTSC.

Both parts of Hard Revenge Milly is supposed to be released on 5th April on UK label cine Asia

Ha, I was going to ask about these 2 movies Hard Revenge Millie #1&2! I still want to check them out hopefully NetFlix will have them.

One Armed Boxer
The villians were extremely evil, to the point of killing a baby. That was just too much for me as a father. There are also supernatural effects in the lead female when she finally exacted her revenge, but again it was just stupid and didn't make any sense to me

I couldn't agree more. Daisho2004 & blue_skies you are better off saving your money. I'll be honest and say I've only seen the first, and yes Mark Pollard is more positive about the sequel in his review, but it's really nothing special.

As WuxiaFan mentions, there is a scene were a baby is set on fire, thrown around, before being thrown into a wall while still on fire. I'm not a father myself, but I still felt the scene went to far and didn't offer any entertainment value whatsoever.

Originally I turned it off after that scene, but since then I've watched the rest of it...and I could have lived very happily having never seen it, the final revenge scene is indeed very stupid. It's almost like they ran out of money for fake blood so simply decided to finish it with some terrible and cheap looking CGI...crap.

Blue-Skies you're right, Cine-Asia are releasing a DVD with both films on in the U.K. I'll have a review of the dvd coming asap.

Blue-Skies you're right, Cine-Asia are releasing a DVD with both films on in the U.K. I'll have a review of the dvd coming asap.

I'll be very interested to hear what you're opinion of the film is given the comments above. I thought this film might be for me now I'm not so sure. Out of curiosity Gaz, before you watch this film, what are your thoughts on Japanese cinema and these ultra-violent movies? Are they your sort of thing normally, or like myself don't mind some blood and gore but some films take it too far? What comes to mind for me is Hostel. That crossed the line for me and until then I didn't realise I had a line to cross.

The review is up now. Blue_Skies - I used to like them a lot, one of the first I watched being Versus. Unfortunately I grew tired of them around the time of Ichi the Killer (which I really didn't like). Of the newer batch of entries, I thought Tokyo Gore Police was the best (but of course I haven't seen much of them, as I steer quite clear of them now).

It's not necessarily the gore that puts me off (I love horror movies), it's just that they're REALLY silly, and they're all pretty much the same now anyway - watch one, and you've seen them all!

Archived