Bruno!!!

bolofan

I watched this at the cinema and loved every second of it. Shocking but funny. I'm interested to see what others think of this film as I doubt its for all tastes.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was interesting to find out where the voice shouting "BRUNO!" in the commercials comes from ;)

It was interesting to find out where the voice shouting "BRUNO!" in the commercials comes from

Oh yeah, hahahaha. That was sick. The exercise bike was pretty awesome too.

... I'm interested to see what others think of this film as I doubt its for all tastes.

Not much. You know, I'm about sick of society passing off dysfunctional and unethical behavior as entertainment in film and cartoons; i.e., Bruno Borat, The Simpsons, South Park, etc. ... Then attempting to show sensitivity toward individuals when an offense happens-"If i-we've offended anyone, our deepest apologies...." What hypocritical bulls#*t!!!

The above comments are representative of KFCF member $#@ and not The Dragon.

See?

:l

I honestly think Sacha Bahon Cohen or watever his name is should have continued with the Ali G persona, that was hilarious.

Borat i cringe a lot at, im sure i will cringe a bit at some of the Bruno scenes but no where near as much as with Borat film

Borat i cringe a lot at, im sure i will cringe a bit at some of the Bruno scenes but no where near as much as with Borat film

Oh believe me, you'll cringe mate. You'll also wonder how a lot of it got passed for a cinema certificate. Its an awesome, awesome film, on par with Borat but for entirely different reasons.

kungfusamurai

I thought it was okay, but it's the same movie as Borat. If Sacha Baron Cohen had tried to create this film different from his previous effort, I would have been more impressed. I was laughing, but it was at specific moments. The movie overall feels like Borat-deja vu, right down to the story arc, which involves him going with a sidekick to America to achieve a goal, they have a falling out, and then they make up. Same old same old. :(

KFS

Yeah fair enough the plot is the same, but he clearly puts a lot of effort into setting up these situations and he plays of his victims perfectly. I liked the fact that it is downright in your face offensive too.

Its amazing to think how warped films have become in the space of 50 years. I'd love to see a film like this shown to a cinema audience in the 1950's.

kungfusamurai

Unfortunately, Sacha Baron Cohen's approach is like a one trick pony. All three of his characters (he's only been able to come up with three) are the same type of naive individuals who say things that they can get away with because the people he's pranking accept their naivety. And now he has to retire all of his characters because he feels people know them too well. So instead of trying to come up with different material for his characters, maybe a work of fiction rather than a mockumentary, he's throwing in the towel. Tom Green was almost the same, but then he did the hilarious Freddy Got Fingered, so it showed he could do more than just pranks and annoy real people.

KFS

kungfusamurai
#87 on the list of phrases I never thought I'd see.

At least it's not #1 on the list. :)

KFS

Archived