Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

daisho2004

OK I just got back from seeing this New Harry Potter Film, and let me just say I really enjoyed all of the films thus far. I like how they are getting darker as Harry gets older. But I was really disappointed with this latest film! I thought it really kinda dragged on & on. Hardly any action it was more Love Story & Romance than anything else! I heard they cut out a lot from this Book.

And the next Movie which is the final movie in the Book series will be split into 2 movies. I just hope they get back on track!

1189302aa.jpg

Synopsis: Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but... Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort’s defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry finds himself more and more drawn to Ginny, but so is Dean Thomas. And Lavender Brown has decided that Ron is the one for her, only she hadn't counted on Romilda Vane's chocolates! And then there's Hermione, simpering with jealously but determined not to show her feelings. As romance blossoms, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again. --© Warner Bros

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont really like any of them...the books are far far superior...they cut out a lot from the books

I really dont understand how people who hav read the books can like the films

It is very difficult for movies to do justice to the books they were adapted from or based on and there are many reasons for that.One movie adaptation that has really impressed me is The Godfather 1 & 2.It was clever to make 2 movies from the book that kept true to the text.

shaolindogpaw

I just watched this last night and I agree with Daisho. It did have some funny moments and all, but for a Harry Potter movie it wasn't very magical. Ya know? I kept waiting for magical little things to happen but it felt bland. Sure there was some magic going in the end but it was too little too late. It felt more like a romantic comedy that just went on and on and on.

What really got to me was the fact that the movie never told you until the last 5 minutes of the movie who the Half Blood Prince was. And it never explained anything about him! In all the other movies it always explained everything! I was like OK did I miss something here!

shaolindogpaw
What really got to me was the fact that the movie never told you until the last 5 minutes of the movie who the Half Blood Prince was. And it never explained anything about him! In all the other movies it always explained everything! I was like OK did I miss something here!

Yeah man, I felt the same way. I wanted to throw popcorn at the 5 people who gave the movie a standing ovation at the end. It just seems like the first movie was full of magic and was coherent and well directed, same with the second, the third was a little lacking, fast forward and we have this movie. It was so average and lackluster. It seemed like "well, we made a fortune off the books and first 3 movies... we don't even have to try now because these suckers will pay to see it regardless."

True! I can't see who actually thought this movie was the best out of all the previous one's made already. That must be some good Hollywood Drugs there on!

Isn't a villain suppose to be scary? Voldemort is the most inept villain in cinematic history, it takes him an entire Hogwarts school year to launchhalf a baked plot, if lucky he might kill 1 person!!

There's gonna be a lot of main characters to bite the bullet in the next two films...

I haven't read the books, however, it just seems that's where this is headed.

The love story and handling of violence is delicate because they don't want to harm, the ratings.

Archived