Live-action Hong Kong Phooey

HyperDrive

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

When I was a kid, this was one of my favorites. But half of the appeal was Scatman Crothers as the voice of Hong Kong Phooey. With Scat chilling in that big old resting place in the sky, I really can't see how they could bring the magic for this. I'm usually optimistic, but after THE FLINTSTONES and SCOOBY DOO... well, it's hard to think positive. But I'll still be curious to see what they make of it.

Hey FightingFist, you know this cartoon? I thought you were a teen? Did you catch it on reruns, or was thee a newer, updated version of this cartoon?

froffeecoffee

Has there ever been a decent Hollywood adaptation of a cartoon? Never! So what makes anyone think this will be any different. All it is is a ploy to sell DVDs, toys, fast food tie-ins, and product placement. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fightingfist
When I was a kid, this was one of my favorites. But half of the appeal was Scatman Crothers as the voice of Hong Kong Phooey. With Scat chilling in that big old resting place in the sky, I really can't see how they could bring the magic for this. I'm usually optimistic, but after THE FLINTSTONES and SCOOBY DOO... well, it's hard to think positive. But I'll still be curious to see what they make of it.

Hey FightingFist, you know this cartoon? I thought you were a teen? Did you catch it on reruns, or was thee a newer, updated version of this cartoon?

Hey kung fu bob, yeh im a teen watched it on cartoon network when i was a kid lol. original episodes of it.

Sublime did an awesome version of the theme song. Scatman Crothers was the shit, HKphooey was an cool cartoon for the time, full length movie? I don't think so, why not just make Captian Caveman.

JUDO CHOP!

Guest Yi-Long

Here's my review: IT SUCKS.

There, I saved you 10 bucks. Go get yourself some Pringles and a soda and watch some Cartoon Network instead.

Not a fan of Hong Kong Phooey. I enjoyed the live-action Scooby Doo films, not bothered with Yogi Bear or The Smurfs - I'm not holding my breath with Hong Kong Phooey being great but I would be interested with the finished result.

6006656020_18d833e5ba.jpg

Archived