Infernal Affairs becomes a parody

Milkyway

'Affairs' team to become 'Gangsters'

Parody of trilogy reunites 'Young and Dangerous' cast

HONG KONG -- Cops-and-robbers whiz team Felix Chong and Alan Mak of the “Infernal Affairs” trilogy imagines the grown-up lives of former gangland hotshots in Media Asia’s “Gangsters," which is now in production in Hong Kong and scheduled for release in early 2010.

The HK$15 million ($1.9 million) black comedy, written by Felix Chong, Chapman To (“Isabella”) and Lau Ho-leung (“Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon”), directed by Felix Chong and produced by Andrew Mak, reunites and sends up the previous roles of the top-billing duo Ekin Cheng (“Storm Warriors”) and Jordan Chan (“Initial D”) of the successful 1990s “Young and Dangerous” crime series, as retired and reformed ex-triad members.

Cheng plays a triad heir who found his true calling in academia during his stint in prison, while Chan plays a formerly ferocious gang member turned restaurant owner, whose passion changed from gangland warfare to gastronomy. The film also parodies Chong and Mak’s “Infernal Affairs” with its undercover cop storyline.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/asia/hong-kong/e3ibc00472ddc77210b6a8cce5d51346e7f

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Meh, there was already a decent enough parody in the form of Love Is a Many Stupid Thing (2004).

• Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang

I had no idea this movie ONCE A GANGSTER exists. I might look out for it, and while I'm at it, also for LOVE IS A MANY STUPID THING. I like good parodies. 

• Like 2