THE LAST AIRBINDER

June

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long

The Village was a good movie. Not as great as 6th Sense and Unbreakable, but still pretty damn good. (Although, as opposed to those 2 I mentioned, I don't think The Village has much replay-value, if any).

compared to the god-awful "the happening", the village was a masterpiece. Let's hope he doesn't try to pull another twist ending, like Ang turns out to be a girl or something.

i saw the trailer for this and it seems aweomse. did Night invest the storyline or is it based off of something? enquiring minds want to know.

i saw the trailer for this and it seems aweomse. did Night invest the storyline or is it based off of something? enquiring minds want to know.

It's based on a very popular Nickelodeon cartoon based on Asian mythology. In fact, the creators consulted an actual sifu when designing the martial arts.

is it just me being spoiled by martial arts films or is this boy's kung fu a little "wierd"/not perfected/off"?

i know it's a teaser trailer, but I couldn't help notice I've seen some better kata forms in a Power Rangers episode :P

butcher wing

i don't watch the cartoon, but isn't the airbender asian? why does the actual guy look white. if you are going to do in do it right, but on that note i love his staff play he looks good doing it. i'll watch for sure.

My kids just finished watching the complete series, and it has a proper ending, which is unusual for an american kids show. If handled well, it could turn out okay, but I don't trust mr ego Shamalayan. Casts himself in all his own movies and he can't act for toffee. Seen stick puppets emote better than that guy. surprised him and Tarantino haven't teamed up for a mutual sausage fest, lol.

My kids just finished watching the complete series, and it has a proper ending, which is unusual for an american kids show. If handled well, it could turn out okay, but I don't trust mr ego Shamalayan. Casts himself in all his own movies and he can't act for toffee. Seen stick puppets emote better than that guy. surprised him and Tarantino haven't teamed up for a mutual sausage fest, lol.

lmao :P

crazedjustice888
is it just me being spoiled by martial arts films or is this boy's kung fu a little "wierd"/not perfected/off"?

i know it's a teaser trailer, but I couldn't help notice I've seen some better kata forms in a Power Rangers episode :P

HAHAHA, the actor takes TKD...but he is supposed to be portraying Bagua, so it will seem a bit off the whole time, maybe they can get him actual training though...hhmmm....:nerd:

I've seen the toon and own the boxes. Costumes looked about right, saw fire/water/air bending (won't see any earth bending until the second movie (if there is one)). A shot of Sokka and Kotara, Aang going avatar and air bending, the Northern Water Tribe's Ice City and maybe the Southern Air Temple.

What I saw looked pretty faithful to the source, considering they had to compress Book One: Water into a two hour-ish movie.

It would be nice to see a really good martial arts fantasy.

Oops, there is earth bending. It's in the same scene as the fire bending.

Anyone notice all the bad reviews are coming from people who are fans of the TV series.

In short they don't seem happy the movie not like the cartoon. not a kid movie.

Can't see any complaints about the cinematography, score, direction, visual effects and fighting though - which is what I would see it for.

hello all,

maybe if the kung fu was bettter i would have liked it more. they should have hired the yuen woo ping crew (the matrix) for kung fu directing.

Anyone notice all the bad reviews are coming from people who are fans of the TV series.

In short they don't seem happy the movie not like the cartoon. not a kid movie.

Can't see any complaints about the cinematography, score, direction, visual effects and fighting though - which is what I would see it for.

Oh really?

The Last Airbender is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100630/REVIEWS/100639999

The Silver Fox

I was thinking of going to see it, but the reviews have been horrible across the board. I think I'll wait till I can borrow the DVD when it comes out.

From what I've read,M Night was a bad choice to do this(any?) film, I personally feel that he is a narcissist and enjoys making bad films.The Happening started out promising but failed so badly by the mid-point. I've never witnessesd a movie die such a painful death.

I think they should have got the people who did Casshern(2004) to do the Last Airbender. They did that for 6 million and that movie really captured the anime feel and is stunning on every level.

OK I went to finally see this movie last night in 3D and 1st. let me say that the 3D in a lot of movies is all hype, and that goes for this movie as well! When you see the preview on TV it looks like the fire and water are coming right at you, and that was just made to make the movie look better, because it didn't even come close to that! Now onto my review: I really never watched the cartoon so I cannot compare it to it all that much, I might have gave it a quick glance once in a while. But I just felt it had a few missing elements. The Martial Art fighting scenes were pretty good IMO. And I did like the whole Tai Chi philosophy of the movie with all the elements. Overall I thought it was OK, but there is definitely going to be a sequel to this movie, hopefully it will be better.

OK I went to finally see this movie last night in 3D and 1st. let me say that the 3D in a lot of movies is all hype, and that goes for this movie as well! When you see the preview on TV it looks like the fire and water are coming right at you, and that was just made to make the movie look better, because it didn't even come close to that! Now onto my review: I really never watched the cartoon so I cannot compare it to it all that much, I might have gave it a quick glance once in a while. But I just felt it had a few missing elements. The Martial Art fighting scenes were pretty good IMO. And I did like the whole Tai Chi philosophy of the movie with all the elements. Overall I thought it was OK, but there is definitely going to be a sequel to this movie, hopefully it will be better.

The fact that u never really watched the cartoon probably made this movie seem better than it was lol

As a fan of this show (I call myself a Bendy), I was disappointed. The fighting was okay, but there was so much story left out of the movie. The main heroes did not even have personalities! There was a little girl in the audience (of 5 people) who yelled out, "His name is Aang!" after the tenth mispronunciation of his name.

As a fan of this show (I call myself a Bendy), I was disappointed. The fighting was okay, but there was so much story left out of the movie. The main heroes did not even have personalities! There was a little girl in the audience (of 5 people) who yelled out, "His name is Aang!" after the tenth mispronunciation of his name.

The mispronunciation of names was probably the most irritating thing about the film. lol

See I hate when they convert a cartoon to a movie and its all screwed up. And I guess I'm more glad I didn't watch the cartoons then I probably would've hated the movie, instead of just being disappointed with it.

See I hate when they convert a cartoon to a movie and its all screwed up. And I guess I'm more glad I didn't watch the cartoons then I probably would've hated the movie, instead of just being disappointed with it.

U should still check out the cartoon. Its probably one of the best animated shows of the last decade. And they just announced at comic con that theyre working on a spin off series debuting next year

The series is one of the best animated programs that was out,and Id probably say still is. The film was rather disappointing,it had potential but wrong choices made it crash. The only thing I enjoyed about this film was the soundtrack.

The new series thats coming out next year is 'The Legend of Korra' set 70 years after the first series,protagonist is a female avatar. should be pretty good aswell.

Archived