Cantonen Iron Kung Fu any good + Invincible Armour version..

Guest drunkenmantis13

Guest drunkenmantis13

So is Cantonen Iron Kung Fu any good? And i guess there's only the Soulblade DVD?

As for Invincible Armour i'd like to know if there's a better version than the Vengeance Video one as i'm about to get this one. I had the VideoAsia release but it sucked...

Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

crash released cantonen iron kung fu on their pagoda line...and if u have any pagoda dvds, u'll know that theire W/S, and pretty good pic quality. the film itself is quite good, leung kar yan gets some good fight scenes in there. story is meh, but the performances are generally good. not a standout movie, but worth owning if ur a fan of anybody in the movie. the fight choreography is pretty good.

Guest morgoth

I thought the pic quality for Invincible Armor from Videoasia was good but it does fvck up on one of my DVD players and skips chapters.

Guest Zinda

You need to try and get a version released in the UK by Ground Zero (Mega Bit) of Invincible Armour that was Widescreen and Mint.

Guest kermit

I'm pretty sure that Invincible Armour and Cantonen Iron Kung Fu are the grestest films ever made and the greatest DVDs too.

Guest the dirty tiger

be thankful you got to see it in good quality at all ! :lol They didnt make a concious decision to crop it, thats how they got it, the best they could get. We are lucky they did it at all the money it cost to get that print ! I wish people would stop whining about petty little things like that. Remember the good old days when it was hard to even find a crappy VHS of it ? Those of you who dont, you dont know how lucky you are ;)

Guest drunkenmantis13
crash released cantonen iron kung fu on their pagoda line...and if u have any pagoda dvds, u'll know that theire W/S, and pretty good pic quality. the film itself is quite good, leung kar yan gets some good fight scenes in there. story is meh, but the performances are generally good. not a standout movie, but worth owning if ur a fan of anybody in the movie. the fight choreography is pretty good.

Sounds good, guess i'll like it. Any idea of how the Soulblade DVD fares against the Crash release, if still available?

Guest drunkenmantis13

Yeah i knew the MegaBit Invincible Armour was solid but i thought it was the same as the VV release? Or is it actually superior to the VV?

Guest Senor Quack

The Vengeance version is of Invicible Armour is just a DVD 5 (single layer) version of the Megabit that was a DVD 9. The Megabit will obviously be better quality but it sells on the used market for ridiculous sums of money.

The Vengeance version is by far the best one in print. You won't be disappointed with it.

As for Cantonen Iron Kung Fu, there is a nice German version with an English dub available as well:

shop.dtm.at/product_info....s_id=28005

Bumping this instead of starting a new one...

Just watched "Cantonen Iron Kung Fu." I'm sure they meant Canton or Cantonese but in any event, decent shape flick with Beardy. He never disappoints. I was pleased to see Wang Chung here. Haven't seen many of his non-SB films. Maybe 2 or 3 others. For those who may have seen his latest/last film, "The Election," does he have a decent size role or is it just cameo? A spread from Cinemart (1979).....

cantonen.jpg

Archived