Underground (2007)

AlbertV

I got the DVD of this debut movie of Chee Keong-Cheung, the director of Bodyguard: A New Beginning. For those who have not heard of it, this is the plot.

An underground tournament, 12 fighters, a $1million prize. We get to learn about the fighters as well as the gamblers who are involved in betting on the tournament. Furthermore, the fights are broadcasted on the Internet and only a select audience can see the fights live.

The martial artists are played by the likes of Mark Strange (Displaced, The Medallion), Joey Ansah (The Bourne Ultimatum), and Glenn Salvage (Left for Dead).

I will post my review of the movie on the site tonight!!!

A big thanks to Mike Leeder and Chee Keong-Cheung for sending me the DVD for this and Chee has sent a copy of Bodyguard: A New Beginning, which is on the way :))

My good mate Shane Steyn is in this (he's the South African policeman). Glenn starred in the film I co-directed "The Silencer". He's a great bloke and deserves to get far more exposure. Well, both of them do really. Shane can really throw himself around! Be good to hear what you think.

You can check it out now..review was up last night :)

I liked Glenn in Left for Dead...awesome role for him. Have yet to see The Silencer

Significant rather than good. Many might not agree, but when it comes to Chee Keong-Cheung films, my first pick would be Redcon-1, any time, any day.

• Like 1

Of course some cast members would go on to bigger things:

Liang Yang would be known as the Tonfa-sporting Stormtrooper in SW: The Force Awakens and have an epic fight againt both Tom Cruise and Henry Cavill in Mission Impossible: Fallout. 

Beau Fowler will be next seen as Poco, the Killer Clown in Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday.

Joey Ansah directed Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2