The Clash- Johnny Nguyen

mark187

• Administrator
The Rebel is excellent, much better than Clash the fights are a lot more satisfying in my opinion and the story is good.The 2 disc SE from Dragon Dynasty is very good.

Couldn't agree more! I really loved THE REBEL, and the DD set is the way to go. The film presentation is beautiful and the extras are excellent.

• Like 1

This movie will be shown at the following theaters in the US starting March 11, 2011:

In Orange County, California:

-Regal Garden Grove 16, 9741 West Chapman Ave., Garden Grove, CA 92841.

-Edwards Westminster 10, 6721 Westminster Blvd., Westminster, CA 92683.

In San Jose, California:

-Camera 12 Downtown, 201 South 2nd Street, San Jose, CA 95113.

In Portland, Oregon:

-Regal Lloyd Mall 8, 2320 Lloyd Center Mall, Portland, OR 97232.

In Atlanta, Georgia:

-Regal Hollywood 24 @ I-85, 3265 NE Expressway Access Rd., Chamblee, GA 30341.

In Dallas, Texas:

-AMC The Parks at Arlington 18, 3861 S. Cooper, Arlington, TX 76015.

-AMC Firewheel 18, 100 Coneflower Drive, Garland, TX 75040.

In Houston, Texas:

-AMC Loews Fountain 18, 11225 Fountain Lake Drive, Stafford, TX 77477.

In Seattle, Washington:

-AMC Pacific Place 11, 600 Pine St., Ste. 400, Seattle, WA 98101.

In St. Paul, Minnesota:

-AMC Southdale 16, 400 Southdale Center, Edina, MN 55435.

OK I finally got to watch this last night, and I thought it was pretty good, the action scenes ranged from Awesome to average, a few times you can really tell where there were choreographed and other times I was like Damn! I think the chemistry between Johnny & Veronica is really good and they play excellent off eachother. I enjoyed the storyline, the action scenes were spread out throughout the movie. But still a good movie. The only thing I thought was totally ridiculous is when they went into the French Guys house and had the Gunfight with the Bodyguards who had AK-47's and they had 38's and like none of the Guards could hit anybody! I was like OK come on too far fetched! But I'd definitely say its a must see movie. But The Rebel was still a better movie!

I just want to know why this wasn't given a US Blu-Ray release or The Rebel either?

• Like 1

OK I finally got to watch this last night, and I thought it was pretty good, the action scenes ranged from Awesome to average, a few times you can really tell where there were choreographed and other times I was like Damn! I think the chemistry between Johnny & Veronica is really good and they play excellent off eachother. I enjoyed the storyline, the action scenes were spread out throughout the movie. But still a good movie. The only thing I thought was totally ridiculous is when they went into the French Guys house and had the Gunfight with the Bodyguards who had AK-47's and they had 38's and like none of the Guards could hit anybody! I was like OK come on too far fetched! But I'd definitely say its a must see movie. But The Rebel was still a better movie!

I just want to know why this wasn't given a US Blu-Ray release or The Rebel either?

After The Rebel I found this to be quite disappointing even with lower expectations going into it. It's an average to good movie without enough good action and good fights to really make me want to watch this again. As you said there are some really good stuff in there but it's far too inconsistent.

Johnny took a step out of the spotlight placing Veronica in the lead. I just don't think she did enough, nor did Johnny, although both were good(the fight in the woods was my highlight). I think after such a terrific debut movie together they have a lot to do to reach the same level.however I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy this.:smile:

On 8/14/2011 at 10:45 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I wanna see what Tony Jaa and Jeeja have in store...

Not much, unfortunately.

This movie was great, the fights are kinetic and well choreographed, Johnny Nguyen is an action maestro! I really recommend it for martial arts fans who are really into 'The Raid' style of fighting.

• Like 3