The Clash- Johnny Nguyen

mark187

scheduled for release in Vietnam around Christmas time, is Johnny Nguyen's follow-up to The Rebel, reteaming him with Veronica Ngo. check out the awesome looking shots at Twitch! I just hope it doesn't take 2 years for a legit eng subbed dvd to come out. regardless, it looks like this will be another quality film to look forward to.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/the-rebels-johnny-nguyen-and-veronica-ngo-reunite-in-the-clash/

thundered mantis

Skyrocketing expectations I had for this one (as I inmensely enjoyed The Rebel, as finished product and also as a promising venture of Vietnamese action films to come). But all the hype went quite down when I clicked on the above link and read something about Vietnamese version of Mr and Ms Smith. Damn I could´ve perfectly done without the US version in first place! Of all the plots they could choose... Aaw, I´ll watch it anyway and hope for the best

Here is an Image I got from this upcoming movie. I'm looking forward to this new movie. I thought the Rebel was Great!

6566-02-150x219.jpg

The Rebel was very good and Nguyen impressed greatly , plus Veronica Ngo wasn't bad either. Can't wait for this on DVD! XD

On a personal note involving the film, both Nguyen and Ngo are also engaged in real life. Impact Magazine calls them Vietnam's "Brangelina" LOL

I loved the The Rebel and I'm looking forward to The Clash.

Ngo actually has a dance background and trained under Nguyen in martial arts according to Impact.

dammit....i thought it was going to have joe strummer and mick jones in it.......kidding

haven't seen the rebel yet. kinda always passed that one up. wish i hadn't, since so many people have said nothing but good things

The Rebel wasn't that good, but like everything Johnny Nguyen's been in, it showed he has skills. I'd like some more focus on making "fights" rather than sequences showcasing his slickness.

Thanks for the heads up, bro!!

Although it's gotten some really mixed reviews, I'm looking forward to seeing this and I may even put my hand in my pocket on the 11th!!

This almost slipped under the radar, but the UK dvd is out on Oct 11 :smile:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;5;-1;-1;-1&sku=202832

Thank you as always kingofkungfu2002 !!

BTW Charuto, I think the The Rebel was pretty good ! Not the best movie ever made but above a lot of stuff coming out these days ...The action was performed well & filmed in a cool stylish manner. The storyline despite predictable give the audience some insight into that time period in Vietnam & the abuse imposed by the foreign rule . Something I believe most people in the west is less familiar with than the Chinese oppression . I felt the movie delivered well for its streamlined budged & offered even a fresh take on some of the action ..

Xiexie Athena ..♥

ShaOW!linDude

I loved "The Rebel". I was also glad to see Dustin Nguyen finally get to show some chops(I knew he had some). Can't wait for his movie to get released, too. As long as the action in "The Clash" is on par with what was in "The Rebel" then I'm stoked.

ShaOW!linDude

I'm calling shenanigans on this. I would've thought this would've been released in the next month or so.