Call Me Dragon / 神龍小虎闖江湖 (1974)

Mark Pollard

Mark Pollard

I just discovered this basher while doing research on Youtube. Good lord, check out Bruce Liang's performance in this clip. I've got to track down this movie now.

I5j-5txpqoQ

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThunderScore

That looks pretty awesome. The Bruce Liang title I want to track down is the

'77 film called DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU aka THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN. This is the comedy (I think) with music from Popeye cartoons where he fights "James Bond", "Clint Eastwood" et al... it's just so weird.

Drunken Monk

I genuinely dislike bashers but watched this a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it. There is some great nunchaku work towards the end.

By the way, if you want an easily attained copy, you just need to pick up the Martial Arts Essentials" Best of the Best pack...

ngdem8.jpg

the logo looks like showtime's,but i don't remember the movie ever being on.a couple of years ago they showed fearless fighters and bruce lee his last days and nights.

Jesse Smooth
I genuinely dislike bashers but watched this a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it. There is some great nunchaku work towards the end.

By the way, if you want an easily attained copy, you just need to pick up the Martial Arts Essentials" Best of the Best pack...

ngdem8.jpg

Courtesy of George Tan and VideoAsia.

I just discovered this basher while doing research on Youtube. Good lord, check out Bruce Liang's performance in this clip. I've got to track down this movie now.

I5j-5txpqoQ

I have this Mark. PM me.

kungfusamurai

What?!! I can't believe you haven't seen this one before, Mark! LOL! Seriously, this was one of those films I initially bought years ago when I discovered those HK websites like Buyoyo and the selection of old school films they had from companies like Megastar and Ocean Shores. Unfortunately, they only had it in Mandarin audio, and no subs, so I didn't know what the story was about until I bought the Australian DVD a few years ago. English dub, and full screen, but understandable.

The story itself isn't all that exciting, but watching Liang and Kurata in this film is the reason to get it. And the choreography is really amazing, especially for 1974. They move really fast and clean, and it's not undercranked. It's probably because Kurata and Liang have Karate backgrounds so they're able to unleash moves like they would have done sparring in a dojo.

I would recommend hunting down all of the Ng See Yuen directed films. They all seem to have this same type of tempo with the choreography.

KFs

Chinatown Kid

Yes the fights are fast and furious in this basher and both Liang and Kurata show some great form in their kicks. I got this from rarekungfumovies years ago.

Shaolin_Fox

I think JAMAL has a copy of this. Should contact him, he has quite a bunch of rares and projects of his own.

Morgoth Bauglir

If you think Bruce Leung looks good in Call me Dragon then just wait till you see Little Superman.

Archived