Need help from a German speaker!

Guest falkor

Guest falkor

At rarekungfumovies.com, we are currently working on subtitling DEAF AND MUTE HEROINE, a swordplay classic, directed by Wu Ma!

We need help from anyone who speaks German to translate the first 15 minutes of the print released in Germany--footage that's cut from all available Mandarin language prints--via MP3 uploads/downloads; would any such person(s) be willing to offer their services...?

Allow me to explain a bit more about the project... It's based mainly on the excellent quality widescreen German version with four inserted scenes from the fullscreen subtitled version (released in the States) forming a virtually uncut hybrid.

We are adding optional/removeable English subtitles based on the afforementioned fullscreen print--aided greatly by a recent showing at Southbank, London--our third source print for this project. This particular print is not available on home video, but by taking notes on it, we've been able to fill in some missing gaps in the script, ie. the longer lines of subs cropped in the fullscreen presentation; for example:

Visible in fullscreen presentation

<!--EZCODE LIST START--><ul><li>te has been there for the past</li><li>r's waiting for me at home. Let</li><li>in'll provide for the debts and</li></ul><!--EZCODE LIST END-->

Actual lines noted from the theatre

<!--EZCODE LIST START--><ul><li>No mute has been there for the past few months</li><li>Dinner's waiting for me at home. Let me go?</li><li>The gain'll provide for the debts and wedding</li></ul><!--EZCODE LIST END-->

Toby Russell has offered to finish off the remaining 15 or so lines of Chinese dialogue in need of translation, so we just need a German fan to help out with the remaining dialogue; anyone like to volunteer?

All contributors will be credited on the DVD and sent a free copy. We also hope to acquire some German lobby card scans for a special stills gallery feature.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest falkor

I think JAMAL is helping out too... I'll post up some audio clips tomorrow. Here's what JAMAL has done so far:

VERSE 1:

GERMAN : AAAA GUTEN ABEND MÖCHTEN SIE EIN ZIMMER

ENGLISCH : Good evening, would you like a room ?

VERSE 2:

GERMAN : WIR HABE SEHR SCHÖNE ZIMMER OBEN

ENGLISCH : We have very nice rooms upstairs.

VERSE 3:

GERMAN : DARF ICH BITTEN TRETTEN SIE NÄHER

ENGLISCH : please come in.

GERMAN : GEBEN SIE HER ICH TRAGE ES

ENGLISCH : Let me carry that Bag

GERMAN : JA , ERLAUBEN SIE

ENGLISCH : should i

GERMAN : ACHSO SIE MÖCHTEN ES SELBER TRAGEN

ENGLISCH : Oh, you wish to carry this yourself.

GERMAN : ALSO GEHEN SIE NACH VORNE

ENGLISCH : well , after you

Guest falkor

I realise this is quite a big job, so I'm now offering any 3 movies from my website (highlighted in bold or listed in the news section of rarekungfumovies.com) to anyone who can translate all the clips above. BTW, I don't need the German dialogue typed--just the English translations. Toby has already finished translating the Chinese dialogue, so we're just waiting on the above to finish the project, otherwise it will have to be shelved.

Archived