Philip Kwok

paimeifist

paimeifist

I was impressed by this guy in Crippled Avengers, ten tigers from kwangtung, and Kid with the Golden Arms.. Any recommendations?

...Im not sure if this is criminal or something, but I havent seen the 5 Deadly Venoms :o

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of the venom films are good - he's also pretty awesome as the main baddie in Hard Boiled if you're looking for something outside of the kung fu genre.

Everyone else stole my thunder.

I have been on a major Venoms kick lately and Gaijin84 is right any of those movies are great.

He's a decent actor as well handling the different hero roles in the Venoms films and being totally bad ass in Hard Boiled.

You'll definately want to check out Flag of Iron and Shaolin Rescuers.

I'm right there with ya Inframan...."Flag of Iron" is definitely a good one.

.........................and most people forget the overall performance in Sword Stained With Royal Blood and the double role in Ode To Gallantry.

Guest I Like Elaine

Saw him in Treasure Hunt not that long ago. Mainly just a bunch of cameo appearances, but he does have one good fight scene.

venomsfreak

...Im not sure if this is criminal or something, but I havent seen the 5 Deadly Venoms :o

:S I'd highly recommend you see it ASAP, it's a very good movie. Some people prefer Crippled Avengers over it, but 5DV is my favorite venom flick.

peringaten
Just watch all the venoms flicks mate
^This is the correct answer.

I'd also add Marco Polo. Loads of folk in it, but his springy-footed abilities are overall star of the show in that one imo; he even steals said show from Richard Harrison's incredible, otherwise unmatchable, award-worthy dramatics, as hard to believe as that may be! I'm bullshitting about Harrison btw, not about Kwok Choi though!

To a lesser extent in the same vein, Shaolin Temple; he stands out in that one too, albeit somewhat briefly. Great ensemble film, similar big cast, but he's up there when he's on.

Bronx Rican

I'm gonna watch all the so-called "Venom" films too, because I have my own ideas about which should be "canon," so to speak, but I need to see them all to decide.

Kuo is a definite favorite, because he seems to do-it-all just the slightest bit better then his cohorts (Chiang Sheng being the closest second). His weapon work is among the coolest, and I can't think of anyone who makes the acrobatic stuff look so damn effortless (e.g. Flag of Iron, Magnificent Ruffians, Kid with the Golden Arm).

butcher wing

Kid with the the Golden, Magnificent Ruffians and I love Crippled Avengers, I think you will find him excellent in most or all of the Venom films.

gravedigger666
^This is the correct answer.

I'd also add Marco Polo. Loads of folk in it, but his springy-footed abilities are overall star of the show in that one imo; he even steals said show from Richard Harrison's incredible, otherwise unmatchable, award-worthy dramatics, as hard to believe as that may be! I'm bullshitting about Harrison btw, not about Kwok Choi though!

To a lesser extent in the same vein, Shaolin Temple; he stands out in that one too, albeit somewhat briefly. Great ensemble film, similar big cast, but he's up there when he's on.

Marco Polo is definitely one to pick up.Other Shaw product Boxer Rebellion with Richard Harrison also is extremely recommendable item.

Flag of Iron is the definitive Philip Kwok vehicle. The Venoms had a falling out the movie before with 2 Champions (which Phillip is NOT in). So he returned for Flag of Iron helming the fights and was the central character.

You will enjoy it very much, it's getting an Official Release next month so if you can hold till then,

Thanks,

VenomsFan

Official Five Deadly Venoms Fansite

Nice, I saw 5 Deadly Venoms is as well, I plan on purchasing the legit copy of each.

Flag of Iron is the definitive Philip Kwok vehicle. The Venoms had a falling out the movie before with 2 Champions (which Phillip is NOT in). So he returned for Flag of Iron helming the fights and was the central character.

You will enjoy it very much, it's getting an Official Release next month so if you can hold till then,

Thanks,

VenomsFan

Official Five Deadly Venoms Fansite

Kuo is a definite favorite, because he seems to do-it-all just the slightest bit better then his cohorts (Chiang Sheng being the closest second). His weapon work is among the coolest, and I can't think of anyone who makes the acrobatic stuff look so damn effortless (e.g. Flag of Iron, Magnificent Ruffians, Kid with the Golden Arm).

I agree there, one of the best imo, there's a reason LKL pointed him out to Cheng Cheh before they went their different ways.

Eastern Evil

Glad to find a thread for the mighty phillip Kwok!

I can't pick a favorite, but I enjoyed the chemistry with Lu Feng in 'Legend of the Fox'

Good to see Lu Feng as a good guy as well.

SHAOLIN TEMPLE (DEATH CHAMBER) is one of my favorites with him!!!

Mine too....End against Lu Feng is very good.Kid with the golden arm is other my very fav tho he does not use very heroic tactics to nail lo meng and wang lung wei

I was impressed by this guy in Crippled Avengers, ten tigers from kwangtung, and Kid with the Golden Arms.. Any recommendations?

He made a great cameo in the 1999 HK film Sunshine Cops with Stephen Fung and SPL's Ken Chang. He played "ta-da" an action director who shows Fung and Chang (playing the titular cops) how to point a gun for a TV ad.

The Daredevils was an interesting and atypical Venoms film since it took place in the early 1900s. Great end fight in that one.

Also you might want to check out The Big Heat, a gritty and gory modern cop thriller from 1988. He only has a supporting part and it's a gun film so he does no fighting but it's a good one if you're looking for something different.

The Daredevils was an interesting and atypical Venoms film since it took place in the early 1900s. Great end fight in that one.

Totally agree...while there is not much fight before end I like the way storyline goes they are tricking enemy into warehouse.

And brucelee fans might find lo meng display of nunchaku interesting

Archived