The Young Tiger - nudity?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

I watched a frankly awful quality DVD of this film (1973, Wu Ma) only to find it was missing an apparent nude/sex scene. I don't know if anything else was cut, but I didn't realise there was more than one version out there. I believe the uncut scene is present in the Crash letterboxed release, yet at 88 mins it runs 4 mins shorter than the censored copy I have. AFAIK the Crash edition is NTSC, which suggests that it too might be missing some scenes. Anyone got the lowdown on this? My copy starts with a few secs of behind the scenes Jackie Chan footage filmed many years later.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

This is the Meng Fei Young Tiger right? Because Young Tiger was also a reissue title for Police Woman with Charlie Chin and Jackie Chan

There is a nude scene in the Crash Cinema version, at about the 27:30 mark. It runs off and on for a minute or so. Not sure how much was cut from your version, but it basically has Lam Chi seducing Su Chiang's character while blackmailers take pictures through a hidden panel in the wall.

Here's a quick look: http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/Gaijin84/lam-chi.jpg

During the scene there is almost full nudity of Lam Chi.

Also, this version doesn't start with any Jackie Chan footage. The first scene is Meng Fei jumping on his motorcycle and driving into Hong Kong with credits overlay.

Archived