Korean Martial Arts Posters

falkor

You've probably noticed yongpal posting a few of these lately.

At last... some Korean material for.... .... DOLL BRIDE MASK!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

peril.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

That first poster is a direct rip-off of Frank Frazetta's painting for the theatrical poster of Clint Eastwood's THE GAUNTLET! :) And I'm 100% positive, because although THE GAUNTLET is far from being one of my fave Eastwood films, the poster is amazing, and I used to own it back in the day. Crazy how they switched the heads, and have a Chinese temple in the background instead of the bullet hole riddled bus. ;)

I couldn't recognise the artwork being in the film other than the mask down in the bottom-right. Shame. There are no Korean stills for that film either... Oh well; usual tactics used by Korean businessmen.

Here's a good poster:

DuelOfTheTough.jpg

good posters there,

That doll mask is needed, it stars Chang Yi Tao good kicker,

No2 never seen that film.

no5 The duel at Devil's hill, says there that Samo is the Action Director...whoooah! major find! this could be pt 2 of that Blind Swordswoman film.

no 9 that is the best one of the lot ,

Tae kwan do king David Kang it says, that is "Year of the Dragon" in'it

Good posters indeed, thanks for sharing falkor. The Doll bride mask poster, the only actor noticeable is the actor kim choo ryeon. I know he is the actor that played the crazed brother in the movie, but I don't know if he was the actual actor doing the fight scenes under the doll bride mask. Kim choo ryeon was mostly known for being a dramatic actor.

Come on guys, I know you know Doll Bride Bask!!! Its none other than Blood Of the Dragon Peril. :)

You should recognise the Samo Hung film as well. :angel:

No 2 is this rare Kwon Young Moon film:

ba.jpg

bb.jpg

jiujitsu77

ok...i saw one with "tiger" (Yong-cheol Han) from "the Korean Connection". the one underneath with the guy with clawmarks on his stomach who looks like yasuaki kurata....what is that one called? and the one below that looks like a ninja? also...you said the one with all the swordplay....is this film a combination of swordplay themes and characters?.....

also, Shapes..which film is the one you think might be a continuation of the blind swordsman knockoff?

this really is some interestingly weird stuff! thank you falkor. i really like the way you dig out all these undiscovered gems. it gives me something to search for.....which is part of the fun of collecting Martial Art films!

guy with clawmarks on his stomach who looks like yasuaki kurata....what is that one called?

Rare! Last Five Fingers...

9.jpg

and the one below that looks like a ninja?

ub2.jpg

You're welcome, guys! I'm surprised the Koreans are so high level in terms of film preservation and publication of high-res images online...

The 5th poster is the BLindswordswoman film ,

I have two fims in this series but I don't remember them fighitng on rafts, so is there 3 or more in the series, well Falkor san is there?

Guest Markgway

The only ones I recognised were the co-productions... lol

Bandits from Shantung and Hitman in the Hand of Buddha.

Great work as always, Falkor.

Whoops, I did have it, poster no5 is "final face down at Mt Cheonma" 천마산의 결투

not sure it looks like a samo hung. so that's 3 of them Blind swordswoman

Archived