'Ring of Death'...I was so impressed

Jstn

I thought Cliff Lok was great in this movie. I was really impressed with his skills. I have heard he was a true practicioner, but never really loved the few other movies I saw him in. Does anyone recommend any other good ones with Cliff Lok?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some:

Ninja Supremo aka Crippled Kung fu Boxer: My personal fav. Lots of shapes to go with crippled madness in this one. Coming from Lok, this one kinda surprised me. He's usually your pretty normal, slightly goofy-looking, clean-shaven good guy, but here he's a crippled bad ass in something you'd expect more from Chang Cheh or Yuen Woo Ping during their "Miracle Fighters" and "Attack Of The Joyfull Goddess" drug-induced days. This is also part of what I consider the holy trinity of 'crippled kung fu' movies, alongside Crippled Avengers and 4 Invincibles.

The Roaring Lion: Who'd a thought? Cliff Lok kicking serious ass in a basher. He actually made a few bashers but most of them are only available raw. Jamal has a really good subbed version of this.

Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu: I actually enjoyed this one more when it was only available in the horrible full-screen print with huge arabic subtitles. Nonetheless, the Rarescope version was a much-appreciated upgrade and of his two on-screen battles with Philip Ko (the other being Duel of the Seven Tigers), this is the better one.

Don't really care much for him to be honest evn though i've only seem a few of his movies. He was good in Duel of the 7 Tigers though.

odioustrident

Cliff Lok has said that his breakout role (for the later part of the kung fu boom) was Best of Shaolin Kung Fu. I have not seen but I'm sure its pretty sweet.

silver hermit

don't sleep on cliff lok as far as action he delivers the goods. he was in some goofy kung movies but you can't blame him for that trend.

Ring Of Death contains one of the most wasted fight opportunities ever between Hwang Jang Lee andKwan Young Moon. Is there a film anywhere that allows these two to face off with any degree of satisfaction?

Here's some:

Ninja Supremo aka Crippled Kung fu Boxer: My personal fav. Lots of shapes to go with crippled madness in this one. Coming from Lok, this one kinda surprised me. He's usually your pretty normal, slightly goofy-looking, clean-shaven good guy, but here he's a crippled bad ass in something you'd expect more from Chang Cheh or Yuen Woo Ping during their "Miracle Fighters" and "Attack Of The Joyfull Goddess" drug-induced days. This is also part of what I consider the holy trinity of 'crippled kung fu' movies, alongside Crippled Avengers and 4 Invincibles.

The Roaring Lion: Who'd a thought? Cliff Lok kicking serious ass in a basher. He actually made a few bashers but most of them are only available raw. Jamal has a really good subbed version of this.

Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu: I actually enjoyed this one more when it was only available in the horrible full-screen print with huge arabic subtitles. Nonetheless, the Rarescope version was a much-appreciated upgrade and of his two on-screen battles with Philip Ko (the other being Duel of the Seven Tigers), this is the better one.

Thanks for the information ....I'll look into these. I have seen some of Choi Lee and liked it alot.

ironfistedmonk
crippled kung fu

Vengence Video

can't seem to track it down is it oop

It was never released by VV, it has been released under the title Ninja Supremo by Tai Seng

Duel of the 7 Tigers, Kung Fu Genius and Choi Lee Fat KF are pretty good IMO, as is Mysterious Heroes which is a bit more swordplayish (if thats a word!) Tigers Claw is a decent basher with him up against Mr Han Man himself.

spearman lo tat

i thoroughly enjoyed "Ring of Death", especially Cliff Lok's interactions with the crazy couple--Shek Kien (RIP) and wife. i am drawn to characters like Lok's in this movie--the stone that is refused and ridiculed that becomes the head cornerstone.

the fight scene against Casanova Wong in "Duel of the Seven Tigers" alone is worth getting the movie, not even mentioned the end battle against Phillip Ko. "Choi Li Fat Kung Fu" was also pretty good.

Archived