hong kong film archive???

thecontender

thecontender

does anybody know a place in hong kong where they have all known kung fu films known to man that have been remastered on dvd i'm sure they would just international companies aren't bothered buying the license only making money off stupid ppl who cant read subtitles so dey get da shit dub version but yeah anyone know of a place like this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a Hong Kong Film Archive but as far as I know they are devoted to preserving hong kong cinema and prints are occasionally loaned for festivals, nothing is ever sold to DVD companies. According to their website, the Hong Kong Film Archive have a print of Big Boss 2.

Bastards. I want that.

thecontender

ok anyone know a place in hong kong or taiwan where i can get original language dvds of kung fu movies??

Mark Pollard

A large number of online retailers sell Mandarin and/or Cantonese-language DVDs with English subtitles, either direct from Hong Kong or imported from there. Three popular sites with good service are DDDHouse.com, HKFlix.com and Yesasia.com. If you're looking for alternatives to licensed titles released in the U.S. with English dubbing, you may find that in some cases import DVDs from Hong Kong will only be available from retailers based in Hong Kong, such as DDDHouse. This is due to regional distribution rights. Joy Sales and Intercontinental Video Limited are two Hong Kong distributors to watch for when looking for licensed, remastered kung fu movies from the Golden Harvest and Shaw Brothers libraries. You won't find many original-language kung fu movies from smaller or independent studios being released in Asia at the moment.

thecontender

those sites dont have anything special

i'm talking about movies like mystery of chess boxing

mei ah must have remastered it

they already released 7 grandmasters

mystery of chess boxing alot better then 7 grandmasters

anyone know where i can get mystery of chess boxing in chinese language??

i swear its on vcd or dvd just sumwhere in china

and other ones like shaolin and wutang ive seen a clip of that widescreen cantonese

theres alot of stuff not being sold internationally

mei ah for one does not sell internationally

companies have to buy there stuff dunno how

i think dats how these sites are doing it

but those sites are shit only good one is hkflix but that only has dub version cos of international companies buying rights for dub version

if they wanted they could get the rights to the original but it seems that dub version is better marketing for them

Why don't you try sites like buyoyo.com or dddhouse.com? They stock Mei Ah products?

Archived