DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN--image

bobo

hi--as most of you know image is releasing DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN (aka INVINCIBLE ONE) on nov 10th. anyway--i just emailed image to remind them that the english dub is available at the LOC(library of congress) and they actually responded. they said they would make every effort to obtain it and include the dub on their release. so lets hope their true to their word. i must admit i was a little surprised because this is the first response i've gotten from one of these US companies in a long time. just goes to show that it pays to keep on tryin.:P

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazedjustice888

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I only have the panmedia one...sadly...SO I CAN'T WAIT!!

I would love if they included the dub, a film like this deserves the works. It may not be many's favorite Fu Sheng film but imo he gives his finest performance in this film.

just noticed today that image site now has this listed as including the dub--i wonder if my email to them was responsible--you never know.;)

douggorius

You know, if you all want to get responses from these companies easier, you should send them letters instead of emails. Those actually work.

gravedigger666
just noticed today that image site now has this listed as including the dub--i wonder if my email to them was responsible--you never know.;)

Yah,they added dub because you requested it.You are the hero....

as this aired on the HD Channel with the Dub it would be laughable if Image would NOT have included the Dub (save for the foolery at BCI...). still have no idea what these companies are doing... releasing non-english Versions in a country which is used to watching this stuff in dubbed form. impossible in Germany.

Shaolin Patriot

The first photo was the original and the second is the latest (according to the Image website). I personally favor the second. :bigsmile:

post-121-14419188631_thumb.jpg

post-121-144191886325_thumb.jpg

Image is doing a great job with their dvd releases(though they could up the special features!)and I expect this one to be no different. I will be picking this up and try to catch up to all the great R1 Shaw releases.

I like both covers, though I favor the first one, and agree with crazedjustice888 about the second. Though that idea is not far off the track as the alternate title is "Invincible One", and the first time I saw the movie, I remember thinking, 'it's going to take some treacherous act to take this man down', he was practically "super".

I already have two copies of "Disciples", but it will be great to have this one as well.

I bought mine from fye yesterday. I received a free 20 dollar gift card from fye when they was doing a promotional deal.

How does the Image DVD compare to the IVL?

Better image?

I know both offer Mandarin Mono with subs.

The picture quality of the Image released Shaws is about the same, if not inferior, to the IVLs. Both are interlaced. The Image DVD does have over 1GB more data on the DVD than the IVL, but this is due to the crap load of trailers they put on their discs. The inclusion of the English dub is about the only reason to purchase the Image over the IVL… or I guess maybe the Spanish subs.

Archived