FUTURE HUNTERS (1986)

ThunderScore

ThunderScore

I know this is old news around here, but after having seen this title in video stores for years, I had no idea until I actually watched it that Bruce Le and Wong Cheng Li were in this and that Wong Cheng Li plays a character named "Silverfox" (!) A bit long at 100 minutes, but their scenes are pretty good...

21e3683d4bee70c12e3ee3eba830799bc013f694.jpg

Thought this was out on DVD, but I couldn't find any sign of it...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThunderScore
did you notice robert patrick from terninator 2 fighting against hwang.

I did. He looked a lot younger than he did in TERMINATOR 2...

anyone seen this outrageous movie?

Hwang Jang Lee

Bruce Le

Robert Patrick

Richard Norton

I finally found it in the vault at my store on vhs.....anyone looking for this or have seen it? im sure it is for completists only, however the scene that showcases HJL and Bruce Le is really quite good.

just interested in hearing any reviews or thoughts on this film. shot in 1986 and went straight to video. im trying to contact my main man rich koz (that is svengoolie...a local chicago tv horror/sci-fi movie host) he showed this on his program when channel 26 the U was going through some changes. the company bought this film in a package deal, and since there was a shortage of horror films in these packages....well...he had to make do. I would love to see that episode. he always makes movies more fun

PM me. im out of retirement if you need it.

odioustrident

Might have been Robert Patrick's first movie. I don't think he did anything else like it.....

ThunderScore

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3bCPzum-IE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3bCPzum-IE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kungfusamurai

Good call! I don't think that movie has ever been mentioned on this group. I know for years I'd see that title in the Sci-Fi section of the local video store and think what a cheesy movie it looked like. There were so many horrible bad sci-fi movies from then, all rip-offs of Star Wars or Blade Runner or both, that this one was easy to overlook. That fight between Bruce Le and Hwang Jang Li was sweet. The filmmakers actually made Bruce Le enjoyable to watch.

KFS

ThunderScore
That fight between Bruce Le and Hwang Jang Li was sweet. The filmmakers actually made Bruce Le enjoyable to watch.

KFS

Umm... He's always enjoyable to watch IMO...

kungfusamurai
Umm... He's always enjoyable to watch IMO...

Some people like him. I find him so so. A lot of the films he's in feature that jumpy, frame-cutting technique to speed up the fights. A real turn-off for me. I'd rather have something under-cranked too much than those frame cuts.

KFS

DeathFuMaster

Watched this movie twice and enjoyed it. The Hwang Jang Lee fight is the highlight for me and if he didn't get shot he probably would have wiped the floor with the other two. HJL had some nice kicks in this movie. The story is kind of chessy, but that is one of the main reasons I liked it.

ShaOW!linDude
It is, in the best possible way! I think the only release that it has on DVD is as part of this Sci-Fi Invasion 50-Pack -

GASP!!! A $10 dvd set of crap!!! I have to have it!!!! :tongue:

Morgoth Bauglir

Count me in too. I'm gonna have to get it soon. I think I saw this on Monstervision with Joe Bob Briggs but it was so long ago.

Secret Executioner
It is, in the best possible way! I think the only release that it has on DVD is as part of this Sci-Fi Invasion 50-Pack -

http://www.amazon.com/Sci-Fi-Invasion-50-Movie-Set/dp/B004ZJ9VXY/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1420589802&sr=1-2&keywords=sci+fi+50+pack

Holy smoke, this one also has Robo Vampire !!! Like ShaOW!linDude said:

I have to have it!!!! :tongue:

One Armed Boxer
GASP!!! A $10 dvd set of crap!!! I have to have it!!!! :tongue:

Exactly, just look at it like you're paying $10 for 5 minutes....but on top of that, you're guaranteed at least 75 hours of sci-fi movies!

& just like GHW said, we'd all love to see your mini-review of 'Robo Vampire'!:tongue:

Morgoth Bauglir

I got the sci if invasion 50 pack. 50 more movies added to my pile of movies to watch. I'm looking forward to Hands of Steel. But of course I started with Future Hunters. Not one of the best bad movies I've seen, but a lot of fun. I didn't realize Richard Norton was in this. That was a nice surprise. And he gets to do some ass kicking. All of the fights were pretty good wich surprised me. Even the big henchman gets a fight and he's a good athlete. My one major complaint is that I wish Bruce Le would have teamed up with Robert Patrick for the whole movie. I agree with kungfusamurai. I don't like Le, but he's good here.

Archived