Chen Kuan Tai

The Dragon

Recently added a bare bones Filmography to Chen Kuen-Tai's mini-bio in my first post. If anyone can see any errors or mistakes?, let me know and I'll make the correct edits.

• Like 4

Ok, here is what I found, but I'm almost sure that there are other TV series...

Fatherland ATV 1980

Blowing in the wind ATV 1980

Legendary siblings Taiwan 2002

Who's the hero ATV 2010

Yi Dai Xiao Xiong 1985

The Duke of Mount Deer TVB 2000

Demi Gods and Semi Devils : Six Meridian Divine Sword TVB 1982

Bloodbath Island China 2013

The lonely hunter maybe ATV 2004 or 2007 I found these years on yesasia mentioned as years of release (same for a few of the above  and after mentioned), but I don't know if it's the year when the series was shot...

The danger encounter ATV 2005

The final verdict Shi Bu Di Tou ATV 2004

Luan Shi Ying Xiong (litterally Hero Luan Shi or from Luan Shi) aka Troubled times hero 2003

Invincible snowy hair woman ATV release 2004, but the series is much more older than that, in the 80's I guess. it must be the same for Lonely hunter...

I hope that this helps.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I hope that this helps.

This helps me out a lot, and I can now add these to his biography page.

Invincible snowy hair woman ATV release 2004

This sounds like a hoot judging by the title, never heard of this series before.

but I'm almost sure that there are other TV series...

I didnt expect a definitive list as there must be a lot of shows he's appeared in over the year's?. Maybe @rdenn can help us out with some of the missing titles?.

Thanks for all your help @ShawAngela, I had zero knowledge about his T.V work.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Invincible snowy hair woman ATV release 2004

This sounds like a hoot judging by the title, never heard of this series before.

It's also mentioned as Romance of the white hair maiden on some sites. This should ring a bell for you, now.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, ShawAngela said:

It's also mentioned as Romance of the white hair maiden on some sites. This should ring a bell for you, now.

Still havent heard of it under that title either, I've now added those T.V shows you listed to Chen Kuen-Tais bio-page. Along with a couple of cut & splice roles.

• Like 2

Killer Constable has to be my favourite film from Chen Kuan-Tai.  A strong performance in the action but also with his acting.

• Like 4

On 12/17/2020 at 3:37 AM, weier78 said:

Killer Constable has to be my favourite film from Chen Kuan-Tai.

Thats one I need to watch, there's quite a lot of his filmography I've yet to see.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, ShawAngela said:

Nice pictures.

Heres another one for you, this one was created by  @KUNG FU BOB.

source- http://kungfubob.blogspot.com/2012/06/chen-kuan-tai.html

ChenKuanTai-TheRealDeal.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Zhan Gua Ren said:

Super Hero

Kenny Ho, Bruce Liang, Lily Lee, Chen Kuan Tai.

(TV Series)

Thanks for posting this @Zhan Gua Ren, it's now added to the list Chen Kuen-Tai's T.V work.

Chu Liu Hsiang

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2021/04/20210422-dietary-changes-make-both.html

The film SUN GAING DAI HUP (CRAZY BIG HERO, tentative title) held a worship ceremony. Stars Justin Cheung Kin Sing, Chen Kuan Tai, Lam Yiu Sing, Harriet Yeung Sze Man and Wiyona Yeung Lau Ching attended. Cheung Kin Sing this time played a down on his luck director. (...)

The 75 year old Chen Kuan Tai has not appeared in public for awhile. He revealed that the script drew him into the production. Brother Tai mentioned that in 2014 he moved from Beijing to Zhongshan. Early last year he switched to a vegetarian diet, but because became ill because his body was not used to it. He said, "The red and the white blood cells lost balance, now I have to take shots and medication." He revealed that ATV invited him to participate in a new series, but because he lacked shots, he would need to return to Zhongshan to get more before returning to Hong Kong for its production.

I had not thought becoming vegetarian could cause that kind of health problems but what do I know. I just hope he will be able to stay active and feels good. Take care, Mr. Chen!!

i_src_301019128.jpg

Tak9901b81f9e79e82cab528479724c70f1.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I had not thought becoming vegetarian could cause that kind of health problems but what do I know. I just hope he will be able to stay active and feels good. Take care, Mr. Chen!!

This may be of interest to you, Jackie Chan was one of the producers. Its all about meat free diet and athletes.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

In Wong Jing's memoir, he mentioned that Chen was the second actor to be cast in Challenge of the Gamesters even though he was playing the villain instead of the hero's sidekick like Wong Yue. Also, Jing thinks that Chen had the devilish charm of Harrison Ford.

• Like 3

Cognoscente
On 7/23/2009 at 11:27 PM, The Dragon said:

Films like The Bloody Escape, Human Lanterns, and The Five Tough Guys, also are gems, specifically because of his appearance.

I wish that The Five Tough Guys was the title of another movie. Imagine if Four Friends had a fifth friend in the form of Chen Kuan-Tai. That way, you would get him alongside Wang Yu, Kam Kong, Chang Yi and Chan Sing.

• Like 3