Shaolin Vs. Lama - analysis of deleted scenes

Guest falkor

Guest falkor

Chang Shan is so high level--both as a Superkicker and Shape Shifter! His "Shadowboxin'" technique in Shaolin Vs. Lama appears to be based around the wrists, palms and back of the hands. And what is that stance he does about 4-5 times--once when jumping from a balcony???

lamastill2.jpgPDVD_017.jpg

Whatever is going on is too damn high level... it just shows what an undisputed classic Shaolin Vs. Lama happens to be! Chang Shan could be 2nd best on-screen kicker to HJL IMO! His triple ariel kick isn't quite as powerful as Hwangs, but still... the man Chang is underated for sure!

After studying the film and the recently discovered Korean trailer, I can now reveal some of the deleted scenes.

Here's some background into the characters:

http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmoviecentral/reviews/Shaolin%20vs.%20Lama.html

In the movie, we see Chang Shan and the lamas eating dinner with an unintroduced band of men called the Skyhawk Clan, including their leader and his daughter. Chang betrays the clan and kills all the men, but the daughter manages to escape to Shaolin...

From what we've seen in the trailer, it's clear that the deleted scenes/extra Korean footage revolve around the past friendship between the Skyhawk Clan and Lamas--revealing some story and character development leading up to that dinner table scene.

PDVD_012.jpg

Earlier scene with the daughter

PDVD_018.jpg

PDVD_019.jpg

PDVD_020.jpg

PDVD_022.jpg

PDVD_023.jpg

Chang Shan meeting and murdering an important character, but who is he?

PDVD_015.jpg

Lo Rei discovering the body of his friend/relation/mentor/teacher? Note: this is before Lo Rei becomes a monk.

PDVD_032.jpg

Lo Rei (on the right) having an arm wrestle with an older man, but which character is this?

PDVD_031.jpg

Chang Shan meeting the daughter, accompanied by a man, but again I'm not sure which character this is either? The daughter is wearing the same cyan coloured clothes as the scene when Chang Shan catches up with her at the same time she meets Lo Rei and they get pursued to Shaolin (by now Chang has changed to his classic red and yellow costume). But when the Skyhawk clan was ambushed in a previous scene, she was wearing white clothes, so I figured this scene must have taken place in-between somewhere...

PDVD_030.jpg

PDVD_024.jpg

PDVD_025.jpg

PDVD_026.jpg

PDVD_027.jpg

There's a big fight in the forest with man and daughter both participating. It's not clear whether Chang Shan is among the fighters.

lamastill.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Uncle Yu

I love this movie and I've always felt as though something was missing from it. Does anyone know the name of the actress that plays the daughter. I thought she was pretty good and should have been shown more in the movie.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I have a question. Why is this film aka Unique Lama. This is not Unique Lama. Unique Lama stars Yueh Hua as the villian and Meng Fei as the hero. I know I had just burned it onto DVD-R from VHS because it dosen't look like it's being released on a legit DVD any time soon. I saw this aka claim and was psyched only to be very disappointed. But the question remains why mis-aka Shaolin vs Lama as Unique Lama? Anyone.

Guest inchilottaP

Deleted scenes or not I just want to see this in wide one day before I move on from this world. :D

Please tell me it's coming some day in the near future falkor.

Guest fightlikeapes
Where did you hear that false claim...?

your site says UNIQUE LAMA aka Shaolin Vs. Lama falkor. A number of sites do.

you're NOT saying that Shaolin Vs. Lama IS the same film as Unique Lama. you're NOT saying that there is ONLY 1 film called/known as Shaolin Vs. Lama.

the hell that is AKAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest falkor

"Shaolin Vs. Lama" is another name for UNIQUE LAMA, since it appears on the title screen of certain prints. But "Unique Lama" is not an AKA for SHAOLIN VS. LAMA :D Quite confusing, huh? :lol It helps to know which cast is in the movie etc.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
your site says UNIQUE LAMA aka Shaolin Vs. Lama falkor. A number of sites do.

you're NOT saying that Shaolin Vs. Lama IS the same film as Unique Lama. you're NOT saying that there is ONLY 1 film called/known as Shaolin Vs. Lama.

Well? Are you?

I'll be meeting with Nam Gi-nam (who's credited as the Korean director on this film) later this summer. Maybe he'll be able to shed some light.

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, Fansfilms said:

I'll be meeting with Nam Gi-nam (who's credited as the Korean director on this film) later this summer. Maybe he'll be able to shed some light.

It would be really cool to hear more about what scenes were cut etc.

And I hope this is still in the pipeline too.

Archived