Best topic of all-time?

falkor

What would you say is the best KFFF/KFCF topic of all-time? After careful considerations, I personally rate this one the best:

Link...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, that comparison is amazing. Eastern heroes must have given the viewer about 20 - 30 % of the original image.

Wow... now, I read that Eastern Heroes' Jackie Chan DVDs used to take full screen transfers and crop them to 1.78, which was horrible enough... but they were ZOOMED in 1.78 transfers?! :S What the? Why the? How the?

silver hermit

that was very informitive i wonder how ways of kung fu would look? that chen lung should do more of those

thedirtytiger

WOW ! That is f******* brilliant !!! Should do that for more films to compare the different versions, can see the differing picture quality too, I like that :)

The Silver Fox

I don't care what format Spirtual Kung Fu is in-that movie is awful. As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.In Jackie's autobiography he basically disowns the film and admits it was a hopelessly confused mess.

I'd go as far to say that Spiritual Kung Fu sucks as bad as The Ultimate Ninja-a breathtakingly appalling film courtesy of Godfrey Ho. At least the Ho film is hilarious in it's ineptitude. Spiritual Kung Fu is just torture, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It should get a minus score.

Spiritual Kung Fu is actually quite good imo, and isn't Godfrey based. I'm sure I remember it featuring a great fight with Jackie and Tien involving the 5 animal styles? For starters, any film that features several animal styles is unique and should be highly sought after; I would say less than 5% of modern day martial arts films feature animal styles in a traditional environment. Therefore, Spiritual is worth the price of admission purely from a choreographical point of view, even if the story is simply put in place to glue the fight scenes together with the added bonus of some decent comedy.

Care to expand on the negative? Its easy to look at the poor budget of any film, judge it from a superficial point of a view, and take for granted expert choreographed fight that probably haven't been bettered by more than a handful of modern day martial arts films, even where the latter have higher production values. Again, the important thing with our genre, above all, is the fight scenes.

The Silver Fox

I don't know where to start. Okay, how about the 'ghosts',bad comedy,no budget,no script,no plot. Chan is an annoying clown in this film. A couple of good fight scenes can't make up up for a film so utterly lacking in any of the other areas.

I agree that in martial arts films the combat is the primary focus, but I think there is a bare minimum of other elements that are needed in order for it to be called a film.

Guest Markgway

Spiritual Kung Fu is bad even by early Jackie standards. The only one of his Lo Wei jobs that's above average is Dragon Fist. But if you must watch another one then I suppose Snake and Crane... is the one for fight fans.

Bronx Rican

"Snake and Crane" is the one for bad-dub fans like me: I've been looking for a copy. And at the moment I'm gathering clips from "Half a Loaf of Kung Fu" and "To Kill with Intrigue". You might have to pray for me. :P

Killer Meteor

I always have a soft spot for Spiritual Kung Fu, but, speaking frankly, I think its really sad to say a film is worth seeking out merely because the star pulls a few animal moves. I mean: there are hundreds of far superior films from the era that do that

gravedigger666
For starters, any film that features several animal styles is unique and should be highly sought after

You aren`t serious,right?

You aren`t serious,right?

there are hundreds of far superior films from the era that do that

"From that era" being the keywords, which means simply late 70s and very early 80s. You see, you guys just don't get it. You don't realise that a fair proportion of the population has seen Enter the Dragon and Crouching Tiger, yet know nothing of animal styles or real shapes. You don't understand why Massacre Survivor is more valuable than uncut Big Boss. Oh yeah, but most members of KFCF don't even rate Kung as their favourite movie genre--I keep forgetting--so how would you guys be expected to understand anyway.... *sigh*

I thought Spiritual Kung Fu was awesome. It was a pretty dumb movie plotwise but i loved the fights.

- Good shapes.

Killer Meteor
"From that era" being the keywords, which means simply late 70s and very early 80s. You see, you guys just don't get it. You don't realise that a fair proportion of the population has seen Enter the Dragon and Crouching Tiger, yet know nothing of animal styles or real shapes. You don't understand why Massacre Survivor is more valuable than uncut Big Boss. Oh yeah, but most members of KFCF don't even rate Kung as their favourite movie genre--I keep forgetting--so how would you guys be expected to understand anyway.... *sigh*

Maybe but Jesus, if people wanted to watch great "shapes" they may as well rent a demo video. Its the plot, direction and acting that should determine a great film

And Massacre Survivor is not more valuable then Big Boss. Maybe to you, but not on a global level

The Silver Fox

Exactly, why even watch kung fu 'movies' then? Just watch tournament footage-all the 'shapes' you need and no annoying plots,dialogue,scenery to get in the way of the action.

silver hermit
Maybe but Jesus, if people wanted to watch great "shapes" they may as well rent a demo video. Its the plot, direction and acting that should determine a great film

And Massacre Survivor is not more valuable then Big Boss. Maybe to you, but not on a global level

two words "saw scene"

Exactly, why even watch kung fu 'movies' then? Just watch tournament footage-all the 'shapes' you need and no annoying plots,dialogue,scenery to get in the way of the action.

The style of fighting you get in movies can't be seen anywhere else. Im willing to watch a kf movie with a totally crap story and plot if there are good fights.

douggorius

Hmm...

Maybe but still, if people wanted to watch great "shapes" they may as well rent a demo video. Its the plot, direction and acting that should determine a great film

gravedigger666
The style of fighting you get in movies can't be seen anywhere else. Im willing to watch a kf movie with a totally crap story and plot if there are good fights.

Good for you..I dun bother with that as there are loads of Kung-fu movies around with decent storyline.

thedirtytiger

I agree with Falkor, it's actually a good film with some of the best animals styles, I like it for the kung but the story is dumb.

Archived