5 shaolin masters hand sign

Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon

in the film most of the guys have their thumb straight & some have it bent.

here a good example: 5ShaolinMasters570.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazedjustice888

I personally laughed when I saw this sign because it is the EXACT opposite of what the one finger holding up heaven or kiu sau looks like that came from Shaolin.

Hope I spelled that right...lol

Still an AMAZING movie...I am gonna watch it now...:nerd:

Omni Dragon
I personally laughed when I saw this sign because it is the EXACT opposite of what the one finger holding up heaven or kiu sau looks like that came from Shaolin.

Hope I spelled that right...lol

Still an AMAZING movie...I am gonna watch it now...:nerd:

I did this thread just after i watch it.

crazedjustice888

Very nice. Did you like the movie? This is the movie that got me into the Hung Gar style.

Omni Dragon
Very nice. Did you like the movie? This is the movie that got me into the Hung Gar style.

Yeah good first time i've seen it.

5 Masters, imo, this film is the epitome of Old School Shaw and Kung Fu Films in general. My all time favorite, first Shaw film I ever saw.

mitthrawnuruondo

i recently ordered this from hkflix.when it arrives it will be the first time i have seen it,

Awesome Movie. One of my favorite end battles ever, along with Heroes Two. Which of course features Fu Sheng as well.

MarsHarmony

Hi,

I think the important part of the hand sign was to make sure the index finger is bent, the other three straight up - three and a half- and the thumb, not part of the sign, could fall naturally where ever the Shaolin masters thumb would go. hahaha

GREAT GREAT GREAT film.

That hand sign is the Triad handshake...Lau si-fu uses it again in Jerng Moon Yan-Lady is the Boss where Lung Tien Sheng attempts to shake Hui Ying Hung's hand in the clip joint, his index finger bends and she immediately bridges him (kiu sau). Siu lam Ng Jo-Five Shaolin Masters is about the progenitors of the modern day Hak Say Wui-Triad after all.

A funny story my ex-boss Toby Russell was in H.K. to interview Lau si-fu in 1995 and was meeting him in a restaurant in Kowloon. When Toby entered the place and saw Lau, he made that hand sign. Lau si-fu got extremely angry about it telling him "No dont do that. No No!!" coz making gangster signs ain't a smart thing to do in the middle of H.K. where some of the people are "affiliated"!!

Archived