NEW SB DVDs coming from Celestial

SadShawFan

TibetanWhiteCrane

I don't think the SBR guy comes here anymore... he pretty much gets chewed up everytime he does. so I can't really blame him. BUT if this turns out to be another wild goose chase, then he should just stay away for good!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaolin Patriot

Has anyone contacted Kam & Ronson to validate this claim?

If they intend to release these titles by later this year, we should have heard more by now.

Alright it's already August 2009 and there's still no news. Another bogus info ? I am still hoping not, but my gut feeling is saying otherwise :(

Blood Sword

It was false rumour.,,not direct attack to SBR but have to wonder do they check their sources clearly or give webmaster keys for conmen to release bullshit...3 friends I know in hong kong&taiwan who work in department stores movie section by yesterday had no news of such items will be released...and they have list 3 months in advance what will be arriving..

Ive heard word that the new SB DVDs will be hitting around December time this year. I guess it's just a wait and see (and hope) type of thing.

raider yang

In regards to the rumored new releases, I have in the past few years tried countless times to search for To Kill a Mastermind in Celestial's online film catalog and nothing ever came up with 0 search results. An hour ago I tried for the heck of it once more and it is now listed and in Mandarin language @ 99 minutes with full synopsis, cast & crew and 4 lobby photos. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this with any of the other unreleased titles but this may be a good sign to the eventual release of this and other titles.

Here is the link:

http://www.celestialpictures.com/level2_search.cfm?PageNum_Recordset=19&l_genre_id=3&l_title=&l_year_of_release=

ToothbrushFu
Someone at avmaniacs got some (indirect) feedback from Kam & Ronson, which is that the release list is fiction. If anyone can come up with an official statement from Celestial or K&R to contradict this I would be happy to read it. But lets be realistic, if they really are planning that many new DVD releases then they won't be relying on unconfirmed internet rumours from fansites let people know about them - they will make their own announcements. Until that happens I shall maintain an understandable level of scepticism.

That Celestial has updated their database give credibility to the rumors of upcoming releases. I know Johnny & DDD. I'll try & reach him to see if this is true.

ToothbrushFu
If you cannot see anything forgive me

I can see those images. But I can't see a press release stating there are new DVDs coming out soon.

I can see those images. But I can't see a press release stating there are new DVDs coming out soon.

Always one wise-ass to chime in. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Lets just all wait and see how this pans out, thats all we can do. NO one has official news yet, not even this so called info from DDDhouse. But I have to agree with Diagoro, that Celestial posting these still etc.. is a goo sign that something may in fact be happinging.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
In Post #86, there is a link that states an employee at DDDHouse contacted Kam & Ronson (for a curious fan) about

the supposed new titles. The (now slightly curious) employee, writes Kam & Ronson. Eventually he receives word from

whom he refers to as the ''Head Honcho'' (the CEO, really?). The *ahem CEO of Kam & Ronson who dispels all hopes

and dreams of the faithful and once curious fan who in turn tells others what he was told; ''There is no truth to the rumor'',

and even more that it is someones ''flight of fancy''. Hopes and "worlds" of obsessed shaw addicts implode, colide at the

sheer horror, depression ensues, mass suicide etcetera.

When i go to Celestial's website (a business not a fansite), ''i'' see they have just recently added posters, stills, detailed

cast and crew, synopsis, exact run-times for over 80 new films. For no apparent reason, (perhaps the enthusiasm of a

young employees own flight-of-fancy and hopeful dreaming) they even went on to add whether each track is mandarin,

in cantonese or both. At least im pretty sure im seeing these images, can anyone else see these stills... perhaps i am

only "thinking" (my own flight of fancy) that you cannot dispute what you can see with your own eyes..

If you cannot see anything forgive me, but i think, or at least i am under the impression that i am posting stills to some

of the 80 new films recently added to the Celestial ''film'' library search engine. Also, I apologize, if all you see are links

to expired or deleted photobucket images that say ''Dont i look stupid now, i should have registered a full account''..

Im almost certain i linked everyone of these images directly from the source which is Celestialpictures.com.

Well said Daigoro!

Always one wise-ass to chime in. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Lets just all wait and see how this pans out, thats all we can do. NO one has official news yet, not even this so called info from DDDhouse. But I have to agree with Diagoro, that Celestial posting these still etc.. is a goo sign that something may in fact be happinging.

Yes yes yes!

And Rogue Warrior... well, you just keep on rocking those posters brother. I'm loving it! :bigsmile:

So are they still coming? Anybody heard anything yet? :neutral:

Someone mentioned to me that the news of the upcomind films has been removed from the Shaw Brothers Reloaded site. Is this true? I couldn't be arsed to go thru it all myself but do any of you follow that site and know about this? I checked their forum and this thread:

http://www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1934&start=0

where the 37 titles were mentioned; well, they are no longer listed there. I'm not saying anything but I'm just wondering and would like to know what's going on. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

instant noodles
What a joke!

Another wild goose chase from a bunch of incompetent fanboys!

I am not utterly hardcore fan.I mean I love kungfu movies and Shaws specially but it does not make me lose zzzzzzzzzz when these are not becoming available.

But I feel sincery sorry for those who had their hopes rised when saw list and it does not deliver:(

I asked Celestial if the films would get released on DVD, they replied that there is a major remastering project underway.

I asked Celestial if the films would get released on DVD, they replied that there is a major remastering project underway.

5 years later we get an update. Thx Koravec. :smile:

On October 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Superfly said:

5 years later we get an update. Thx Koravec. :smile:

Thanks mates, lol. And after another 4 years I respond. This was all I was refferring to back then. As you can see, they didnt respond with any further information. And hopefully this is still a thing and the downloadable streaming age didnt set aside all plans. Unless theres a hard-drive one could purchase with every Shaw Brothers film every made in stellar quality–Id be okay with that.

image.png

image.png

If they are as open to questions as it may be, then Im surprised not many people have tried to reach out and gather more info by means of phone all or email. Though I realize by now this is old news with the 88 blu ray release.

Archived