NEW SB DVDs coming from Celestial

SadShawFan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note: SBR.com = Shaw-Brothers-Reloaded.com

By the way, YES - the movie THE VILLAINS (Chu Yuan directs, Yueh Hua, Shih Szu and Chen Hung Lieh star) is in the line-up. The complete line-up as of June, 25th 2009, will be posted in a few hours at SBR and contains a total of some 80 titles!

For falkor and all others -

A brief synopsis and the original poster (courtesy Celestial Pictures (HK) Ltd.) of the movie ID 174006 - THE WELL OF DOOM:

well.jpg

How will Celestial release so many movies? In batches, no doubt. I hope the initial batches sell well. I also hope they choose the correct movies to start off this 2nd wave of releases.

Going through the full list of future Shaw releases at SB Reloaded.com.......I spotted a title that has already been released some time ago........Lily Ho's Flower In The Rain.

Is this a mistake?

Thanks for the info re: Well Of Doom! I'm surprised I didn't know about, what seems to be, a rare basher! I guess it must have been listed as drama and dismissed by myself and maybe others. I will be going through Southern Screens soon to see what articles I can find on unreleased Shaws like Well of Doom, Imperial Tomb Raiders and others etc.

gravedigger666
hmmm....when i see it, ill believe it.
Same here.I`m skeptical before see it confirmed by Celestial.

Same here.I`m skeptical before see it confirmed by Celestial.

Hopefully, we will see an official announcement soon. I've tried email people at Celestial & IVL. I'll post any response here. Just two months ago, I heard that there was no remastered print of TKAM & that the only 35mm print they had was donated to the HKFA.

@ Winfred

You are right, indeed! As a matter of fact and glancing over the list one can see that there is one title too many on this list. Personally, I count 81 titles instead of 80. Could be that this particular movie ("Flower in the Rain") slipped in with the e-mails somehow! I don't know how that happened but thanks for being our proof reader, Winnie. Cheers!

@ Iron Boat

No, The Black Enforcer has not been released anywhere. As a matter of fact some bootleggers sell a rough VHS ripp-off on cheap discs at places such as Ebay & Co. - otherwise it is only floating around as a VHS for collectors (Kings Video).

Bootleg only I suppose....

There are two different dupes of BLACK ENFORCER out there. One with the video stamp in the corner and one that doesn't have it.

mantis FIST
Note: SBR.com = Shaw-Brothers-Reloaded.com

By the way, YES - the movie THE VILLAINS (Chu Yuan directs, Yueh Hua, Shih Szu and Chen Hung Lieh star) is in the line-up. The complete line-up as of June, 25th 2009, will be posted in a few hours at SBR and contains a total of some 80 titles!

Dont know what you are smokin but if you go to SBR.com you get redirected to http://www.rockvillebank.com/ASP/home.asp

If you ment Shaw-Brothers-Reloaded.com you should have said that.

Call me cynical, but I'm tempted to call bullshit... That Well Of Doom Celestial poster/synopsis also kind of looks like one of your photoshop jobs. Hope I'm wrong/you're right...

Anyhoo, as asked before, who's the distributor?

gravedigger666

Wasn`t SBR same website which announced Shaw Brothers Stars European Tour which turned out to be bulls*it?

With current economic situation and thing shaw dvds were not selling what they were expected I do not believe this to be true at the moment.Hopefully verified news will be out soon...

Also, if this is to celebrate a 50 year anniversary... I thought Shaws' company were founded a few more than 50 years ago? And Clearwater Bay studios not built till early '60s? What exact anniversary is this marking?

DAJIZZARIZZA

hey,.. i do not get excited on rumors and announcements,.. if they release ,.. i'll buy,.. if not ,.. i have well over 4-5 years worth of good kungfu and japanese movies to watch , at the rate of 1 movie per night that is.

let's not knock it ,.. however let's not get too excited either.

it is what it is.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

It really would be nice if Celestial released these few more titles.

1) wuxiawuxia - please read the list before you post!

Black Butterfly is not on the list as it is out for ages already (VCD Hong Kong, DVD Singapore, Korea, Japan and even coming in Germany)

2) No, Deadly Angels is not on the list as it will not be released in the upcoming batches (at least for the time being!)

and 3) When I browse certain statements of this community in this thread, I get fed up to say the very least!

Taking swings at this particular website and the people of Shaw-Brothers-Reloaded (by the way the only website devoted to and wholly supported by Shaw and Celestial around the globe) and its credibility seems to be some sort of sports entertainment and seemingly to throw dirt at them is the only thing which is done instead of giving them praise, acknowledgement and face.

To state the one and only occasion SBR was completely wrong since its start way back in 2005 (YES, I refer to the infamous and horrific hoax of a “European Tour”) is very unfair to say the least. Even more so as SBR was one of the biggest victims of the scam and the crooked people behind this hoax and – contrary to all those out there now always taking swings at them – they have suffered not only unjust abuse and ridicule but also in terms of massive expenses (be it economically as well as in terms of spending time, effort, support etc.).

Those who never fail and never have been taken for a ride may boldly step forward! I doubt it will be the same people who dismiss every news report, every bit of information and every free content/items and stuff that is given to them.

It’s easy to dismiss everything and each piece of information and every well-meant news when you have nothing to offer in return. So – to say it friendly – please, shut the f*** up and/or do it wayyyy better than SBR (i.e. come up with better links, partnerships and so forth)! If you can’t do that then at least I expect a humble, remorseful and long public march on your knees in this very forum (in terms of a long and humble statement in favour of SBR) once the news will be out from Hong Kong and once the DVDs and VCDs hit the shelves and internet shops around the globe. Then at least you will be forced to say, that you read one of the first announcements here and that the source was solely SBR.

1) wuxiawuxia - please read the list before you post!

Black Butterfly is not on the list as it is out for ages already (VCD Hong Kong, DVD Singapore, Korea, Japan and even coming in Germany)

2) No, Deadly Angels is not on the list as it will not be released in the upcoming batches (at least for the time being!)

and 3) When I browse certain statements of this community in this thread, I get fed up to say the very least!

Taking swings at this particular website and the people of Shaw-Brothers-Reloaded (by the way the only website devoted to and wholly supported by Shaw and Celestial around the globe) and its credibility seems to be some sort of sports entertainment and seemingly to throw dirt at them is the only thing which is done instead of giving them praise, acknowledgement and face.

To state the one and only occasion SBR was completely wrong since its start way back in 2005 (YES, I refer to the infamous and horrific hoax of a “European Tour”) is very unfair to say the least. Even more so as SBR was one of the biggest victims of the scam and the crooked people behind this hoax and – contrary to all those out there now always taking swings at them – they have suffered not only unjust abuse and ridicule but also in terms of massive expenses (be it economically as well as in terms of spending time, effort, support etc.).

Those who never fail and never have been taken on a ride may boldly step forward! I doubt it will be the same people who dismiss every news report, every bit of information and every free content/items and stuff that is given to them.

It’s easy to dismiss everything and each piece of information and every well-meant news when you have nothing to offer in return. So – to say it friendly – please, shut the f*** up and/or do it wayyyy better than SBR (i.e. come up with better links, partnerships and so forth)! If you can’t do that then at least I expect a humble, remorseful and long public march on your knees in this very forum (in terms of a long and humble statement in favour of SBR) once the news will be out from Hong Kong and once the DVDs and VCDs hit the shelves and internet shops around the globe. Then at least you will be forced to say, that you read one of the first announcements here and that the source was solely SBR.

I'm not knocking the website, I'm just cynical... but that doesn't matter - my question is: who is the distributor?

I don't blame people for being cynical about these announcements. We've heard the same info for half a year already with no confirmation from celestial themselves. Up until this point, all we've read are rumors. A late fall release makes sense, though. Just in time for Christmas!

Yes, Kam & Ronson (together with their subsidary partner IVL which now belongs to the same conglomerate/kairetsu helmed by the Japanese "Kadokawa Entertainment Industries")

PS: 50 Year Anniversary of the Shaw Brothers Movie Production - WHY 2009???

In October 1959, Runme and Run Run Shaw terminated the former "Shaw & Sons Movie, Arts & Entertainment Company" and registered "The Shaw Organisation" in Singapore and one month later in Hong Kong, thus creating a new limited comapny which soon entered the Hang Sheng Index and hence laying the foundation of the famous Shaw Studio/Shaw Movie Town which was built from scratch over the following years. Although Films like "Diau Charn" etc. had been made previously those flicks were basically "Shaw & Sons" productions now they are part of this heritage and legacy and numbered as Shaw Brothers (HK) Limited output.

Archived