TRANSFORMERS 2 = HORRIBLE

Atherton

Man I saw this for free last night and almost walked out three times. Couldn't leave my friends hanging though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPOILERS

It's a really long movie, the humor is really bad (painfully bad), annoying human characters, annoying transformer characters, really shite dialog, stupid robots acting all cutesy with cartoonish mannerisms/voices, a good portion of the fight scenes are shot like shite, bad acting during "important" moments in the film, low brow humor seemed out of place, references to transformers testicles, small dog humping another dog (shown two/three times), transformer humping Megax Fox's leg, mean spirited/spoiled characters, latent pro-military stance/pro-middle east occupation stance, subtle jabs at United States President, Decepticon yells "Jihad", some crappy CGI, John Turturro's ass, a character zapping himself in the balls with a stun gun, pointless mess of a film and rumor has it the studio is paying people to write good reviews.

The action was good and the technical/technological wizardry can be applauded. But the script wasn't boring or lacking it's plainfully stupid/annoying pandering to the lowest common denominator. I'm not asking this film to be a greatly written cinematic masterpiece just why did it have to be so stupid (attempts at comedy was like a bad sitcom). Not a Bay hater or Transformer purist. Bay has made better films, what a waste of 200 million.

Fightingfist
That asshole spent 200 million on this film? All the people we think are going to hell are the wrong ones in my humble opinion.

Like your pic, been there once its beatiful.

froffeecoffee

$200 million and this is all they could come up with? I love loud and mindless movies, but watching this was like watching a dog chase its tail. It's amusing, but eventually I wonder why I'm watching.

What a sad day. First Farrah, then Michael, and then I watched Transformers 2

I was going to watch this the other day, but I chose Terminator: Salvation instead.

That film was also painfully bad. I was one of four people in the cinema, the other 3 had fallen asleep by the half way point. I was desperate to leave, but stayed the course.

ThunderScore
What a sad day. First Farrah, then Michael, and then I watched Transformers 2

I agree. I saw it yesterday too. I didn't love it or hate it - I was just kind of bored, waiting for it to end, especially the last 40 minutes...

TibetanWhiteCrane

Soooo... you're saying Michael Bay made a(nother) bad movie.... that's shocking!

I actually enjoy a few of Bay's other films (The Rock, Bad Boys I and II). Yes They are really dumb, loud and expensive. But his latest film takes it to a whole new level of stupidity. I mean come on a frickin decepticon with testicles WTF?!

Mark Pollard

I couldn't stand the first movie and was a huge childhood fan of the toys and original TV series. I even had Gobots! Michael Bay could send me a check for $100 and I still wouldn't watch this movie. Maybe for $200...

Guest I Like Elaine
SPOILERS

the humor is really bad (painfully bad)

Not necessarily ineffective though. The humour was getting big laughs from the audience when I saw the movie. Are you a teenager? Because that's what these jokes were more skewered towards.

I couldn't stand the first movie and was a huge childhood fan of the toys and original TV series. I even had Gobots! Michael Bay could send me a check for $100 and I still wouldn't watch this movie. Maybe for $200...
What didn't you like about the first movie? I was huge fan of the toys as well when I was a kid, and still have a huge G1 collection to this day. Infact I still collect them with the reissues.

As what I thought of the sequel, it was decent. Definetely it ran on too long, but I had a great time watching it.

SPOILERS

Well I'm technically not a teenager anymore. But I'm young at heart as well as an old soul at times (haha). Yeah I guess I don't go for that type of humor (in large doses) as much as I used to. I just wish 200 million went to a more esteemed project or at least a less retarded one. I mean I just saw the viral video of that kid who got his WOW account shut off by his parents (I guess that would qualify as low brow humor) and that had me rolling for a good 20 minutes and it didn't cost more than the cost of his brothers hidden video camera.

The dramatic and heroic moments I found in the original series and original animated movie were lacking this time around, if it had maybe just that I'd bump the film a few more points to balance out the lameness. I was a little saddened at the death of Optimus. But not enough time was allowed for the scenes of his death to properly resonate, on to the next scene in this overlong expensive movie.

Look the public decides this is "great" when it makes a ton of money. It kills smaller films with more original stories. It makes them less likely to get good distribution. I hate to say it but it dumbs down the general public tastes/diversity/exposure to movies and film/art etc. Nothing moves forward, there's room for both dumb and smart films (and everything inbetween) but the former seems to be dominating.

I was a little surprised to see a group of 12 to 15 year olds (about 8 of them) slag the film as it was trying to move along though...

crazedjustice888

well...TO ME!!! It was...AMAZING!!! I LOVED THE WHOLE THING!!!

I like Power Rangers still though...lol so thats saying alot.

STILL LOVED THE MOVIE!!!

Mark Pollard
What didn't you like about the first movie? I was huge fan of the toys as well when I was a kid, and still have a huge G1 collection to this day. Infact I still collect them with the reissues.

The action direction was a mess that made me lose interest in what was happening on screen. I have other problems with the first film but that's the big one. The way digitally enhanced action is shot by filmmakers like Michael Bay and Stephen Sommers (VAN HELSING) is like Looney Toons cartoons without humor and likable characters. They just throw crap at the audience from every angle because they can. I understand the intentionally mindless rollercoaster aspect of these films but it does nothing for me when I can't feel any emotional connection to what is happening on screen. The fact that the main characters in the TRANSFORMERS films are robots only makes it worse.

In contrast Steven Spielberg did an infinitely better job of allowing the audience to stay connected during the action in JURASSIC PARK. If you compare that CGI creature film to TRANSFORMERS you'll see that Spielberg's film has a soul whereas Bay's output has nothing to offer underneath its glitzy surface. His casting of Megan Fox only confirms this for me.

ironfistedmonk

It wasn't that bad, I thought it was slightly better than the first one but I agree it was a bit too long. I didn't go into it expecting it to be any good so had no preconceptions to spoil it. Like most kung fu movies which are full of contrived shite storytelling I ignored all the cliches and hollywood bullshit that plagues movies these days so maybe thats why I didn't hate it.

but how can a movie that cost 200 million be so bad? the average old school kung fu movie probably didn't even cost 200 thousand (foreign).

I wasn't a big fan of the first one either, seeing how hollywad is so remake crazy why didn't they just make a live action remake of the cartoon movie, that movie kicked major ass.

It's pretty bad when giant robots blowing shit up bores me to sleep.

kungfusamurai

I thought the first film was dumb, so I don't see myself going to watch 2. I only went to the first one because I was with a group of people and it was the only one that seemed worth watching.

You'll find that with the bigger the budget, the crappier the movie. It used to be the more advertising promoting a film, the crappier the movie, but I think they realized people were catching on to that scheme. Now they resort to paying off critics to give good reviews for shite movies. Big budget probably means the producer and actors will take a way a huge chunk leaving crumbs for everyone else, hence, crappy movie. Plus, they're probably under so much scrutiny from the studio heads during filming, they just do whatever they can to please them so they can keep their over inflated budgets.

KFS

OK I just got back from seeing TF2, I thought it had some excellent Action scenes and a good storyline but it was a little over the top with the Adult innuendos. I don't really think that was all that necessary! What I found to be a little hard to understand was the one Hot Chick in the Movie who was a Decepticon, that to me was a little too much it was like a scene from The Terminator or X-Men. I just didn't think it fit in with this movie. I wish there were more fight scenes between the Autobots vs. the evil Decepticons! Overall I thought it was a really good movie! Just hopefully when part #3 comes out it will top this one! I was hoping this was going to be like the "Star Wars" "Empire Strikes Back" of Transformer movies! Revenge of the Fallen!

Well my Son is 6yrs Old so he loved it! I thought that they could've done without some of the Crude Adult stuff, why they were trying to get the laughs out of everyone was beyond me! I can see 1 or 2 jokes but I wanted more Action less Comedy!

Archived