Dragon Tiger Gate sequal announced....

lillippa328

lillippa328

so apparently theres a sequal now coming!

Im hype aslong as Yen, Tse and Yu can come back...if not, im not hype lol

crazedjustice888

I LOVED THE FIRST ONE!!! Except that corny kick Nicolas Tse did at the end....wow...but other than that it was GANGSTA!!

Yes..I am as white as a sheet...:nerd:

Really? I'm surprised this was successful enough for a sequel. Personally I can't say I thought much of the original Dragon Tiger Gate movie, so I would only watch this if Donnie Yen returns... I would also prefer some martial-arts talent to replace the other main characters

TibetanWhiteCrane

Actually, I think that both Nic Tse and Shawn Yu has proven themselves as very competent screenfighters! Are they martial artists? No! Nor do they have to be!

Actually, I think that both Nic Tse and Shawn Yu has proven themselves as very competent screenfighters! Are they martial artists? No! Nor do they have to be!

I agree they're competent in the same sense as Keanu Reeves which in my opinion is fine if that's what you want. But there's a league of difference between that and someone like Donnie yen, Wu Jing , Jet Li, Tony Jaa , Johnny Nguyen, Yuen Biao etc etc compared to those guys .

lillippa328

yea i mean, id prefer real martial artist becuase u can tell most of the time....but a film like DTG with wires and stuff doesnt really need too much raw talent....

they did good in the first one tho.....

Solid Ronin

OH SNAP! God Let this movie be good. I "loved" The first movie. But I'll also be the first to say it was far far from prefect.

I'd rather see Donnie direct the entire film but not star in it. If he comes back as Action director and Dragon, that's great. But Tiger Wong REALLY needs to be the star of this movie. I've only read two of the American issues of "Oriental Heroes" and I see now why fans disliked this version of the character.

Tiger is such a bad*** why they choose to make him the strong/sensitive little brother in DTG bewilders me. It's ok to have nothing but cool guys as leads Hong Kong!

The only star I really want to see come back is Shawn Yue. I loved him as Turbo, and I'm really hoping they do more with the character.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Ok, bunching Tse and Yu in with the likes of Keanu Reeves is not fair, dude!

Tse and Yu have a slew of fighting flicks and tv shows behind them! Reeves just learned hk style screenfighting for the three matrix movies!

Not a fair or especially clever comparison there!

And yes, Tse and Yu are not in the class of people as those you mentioned!

I'm not sure about the director here, he has done well with action flicks but martial arts comic book movies?? Don't think he can pull it off.

Drunken Monk

I'm always shocked to see how many people love the first one. I've watched it three times now and apart from the fight scenes, it's an absolute chore to sit through for me.

• Like 1

The story is very melodramatic, for sure.

But the fights, the look of it, the cast, for me, makes up for it's shortcomings.

• Like 3