What do you think of James Nam?

falkor

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a decent baddie, or big brother in a school... reminds me of James Tien... A lot.

I didn't know it was he who directed so many of those Brucexploitation flicks.

He also seemed to be a gangster.

Always fierce in the films I've seen him in. If I remember correctly didn't he get in a few real life brawls? Is he still alive?

kungfusamurai

I think I only noticed him in a few films. His most memorable performance of course is from King Boxer. Poor guy's eyes! :)

KFS

spearman lo tat

James Nam knew how to play a wicked guy. movies like The Thunderbolt Fist and The Heroic Ones come to mind. he was quite ruthless in Fist of Fury 2 (Chinese Connection 2) as one of the Japanese fighters set on destroying what was left of Ching Wu school.

James Nam...good actor, great villain (ok director) but his best role was in King Boxer as the jealous student out to oppose Lo Lieh.

james nam is pure hate, he should of got an oscar for his level of hate in little superman

You know it man. I played this at work one time and Nam's performance during the end disturbed a middle aged customer causing them to leave abruptly. Could you imagine him winning that oscar on stage, he'd probably unleash pure hate on presenters Tom Hanks and Kate Hudson and proceed to beat the crap out of host Steve Martin using his oscar as a weapon. PURE HATE INDEED!

ironfistedmonk

I like him but I've not seen enough of his work, loved Gambling for Head, that was a great film.

. I played this at work one time and Nam's performance during the end disturbed a middle aged customer

you actually viewed that movie in public ;) classic.

Archived