Soul Brothers of Kung Fu ("Uncut" DVD is a Fake)

Fan Mei Sheng

Fan Mei Sheng

Hello!

I am very Angry.

The US-DVD "Soul Brothers of Kung Fu" is CUT.On the Front-Cover

"Uncut Version". This is Fraud! The Master was the Cut German

Video-Tape (Widescreen 1:2,35).Also is the DVD not in 1:2,35, i think is

1:1,95. The Old US-Tape was Uncut, but unfortunately in Fullscreen.

I have think the DVD is the US Uncut Version in Widescreen.Once again

not a Perfect Version. Have Anybody a Real Uncut Version in

Widescreen (1:2,35).

Fan Mei Sheng

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, PanMedia (or one of its demon offspring) was the company that released it. The only uncut version I know of is an old fullscreen VHS entitled "Kung Fu Avengers". I've yet to see it myself, but apparently it has all of the Bruce Li brutality (ball crushing, heart/throat stabbing, etc) missing from the other versions. I'd certainly love to see this version at all, widescreen or not! Btw, check this out:

The closest attempt to mixing the full screen cut footage into the widescreen print. Not the greatest, but it's something :P

Guest Markgway

The violence is uncut in that clip, but it has the tacked on happy ending.

Do you know if any of the other cut scenes/snips of violence are available on-line?

Well, those two shots were taken from the extended/alternate ending that played after the film. I might try to seek out the uncut version of the film under the Kung Fu Avengers title... it's gotta be lurking about somewhere!

i have what appears to be the uncut dvd. it even has the descriptions between the two version on back of the box. at the end of the dvd, it shows the alternate ending in which carl scott lives. ill start digging it out

b3736e9248af73eb28f9e5bca94a726a0a60ecc0.jpgpicture.php?albumid=169&pictureid=5147

HOLY DEEP FRIED FROG LEGS ON A STICK! THAT'S IT! Gettin' fancy with the front AND back covers too ;) Umm... any chance you can help me out? :P

ThunderScore

This was distributed to TV by Cinema Shares as part of their "Kung Fu Justice" film package:

25f16d447e2ae8a67f80203b2d92e75b3c7a2833.jpg

The other titles in the package were:

POWERFORCE

BRUCE LEE: THE MAN/THE MYTH

FISTS OF BRUCE LEE

DYNASTY

KILLING MACHINE

KUNG FU GOLD

TIGER FORCE

Fan Mei Sheng

Hello!

I have see the Clip on the End.I know, is Uncut and the Happy Ending.

But the German VHS have many other Cuts in Violence.I come from Germany and have the Original-Tape.This is the DVD-Version.I have also the GB-Tape

(The Tiger strikes again), the French Tape (Doigts Vengeur de Bruce Lee)

and a Copy from the US Uncut Tape "Kung Fu Avengers".The German.French,

and GB-Versions are different in Violence Cuts.On July,20. 1979 i have see

"LAST STRIKE" in the German Cinema.The Cinema-Version have more Violence,

but not Uncut.For the Video-Publication unfortunately more Cuts.

All the Best

Fan Mei Sheng

That's a lot of different versions! Wonder if the original Mandarin-language version ever saw a video release.

Yes, the American DVD claims to be uncut but is missing a lot of footage from earlier parts in the movie. I've been also looking for the the old uncut VHS, but with little luck so far.

When I saw it was PanMedia saying it was "UNCUT!", I knew to stay away. My gut told me they just ripped the Xenon DVD (or even the original VHS), and threw it on there. And that's the way it sounds. Ugh, while the Xenon releases have the alternate uncensored ending (complete with the Carl Scott/Ku Feng fight) AFTER the film, they're still missing various cuts I've yet to see, including the fates of...

*SPOILERS*

...Lee Hoi San and Alexander Grand's characters. Even though I've yet to see it uncut, the blatant jump cuts in the audio give it away.

I actually just watched the Kung Fu Avengers version this morning, it's crazy to find this topic, i have both versions, the soul brothers of kung fu version by xenon just took the u.s. version of kung fu avengers uncut scene and added it.

So what actually happens to those two characters? The first just seems to pass out after taking a spin kick from Li, then the other is just flipped upside-down, bonked on his head, then we cut away! :P

Guest Markgway
...Lee Hoi San and Alexander Grand's characters. Even though I've yet to see it uncut, the blatant jump cuts in the audio give it away.

If anyone has access to the uncut footage it would be great if they could post a clip. That's exactly the sort of thing You Tube etc should be used for.

I managed to obtain a copy of the uncut version! I'll be posting a full comparison complete with pics in a short while!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I managed to obtain a copy of the uncut version! I'll be posting a full comparison complete with pics in a short while!

COOL! :D Thanks bro.

Archived