Dragon Dynasty New Releases

daisho2004

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the scoop from DD on their next two new releases which will be THE KILLER (on DVD and Blu-ray) and RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER (on DVD). They're also releasing THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN on Blu-ray. Check out the rest of the article for details.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/dragon-dynasty-to-release-return-to-the-36th-chamber-and-the-killer-12706

Nice, looks like they bumped up Return to The 36th Chamber to the end of this month instead of March. And anyone else think that cover for The Killer is a tad reminiscent of the Criterion Collection DVD cover?

I have to put forth one correction. I had the RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER release date wrong. It's being released on March 2. Sorry to get your hopes up for a quick release.

Ah, I've been tricked :tongue: Eh, no worries... at least we'll have Five Element Ninjas that same day! Plus, I'm buying Saw VI on blu-ray that same day, so my wallet would've been sore the next day if I bought anything else :bigsmile:

i just hope they use some of the interviews we did that cover 'The killer' and 'Return to 36th Chamber' etc, unlike the bare bones release of 'Five Deadly Venoms'

We shot a full career interview with Gordon that includes discussions of all 3 '36th Chamber' movies....so fingers crossed they'll actually use them

TibetanWhiteCrane
i just hope they use some of the interviews we did that cover 'The killer' and 'Return to 36th Chamber' etc, unlike the bare bones release of 'Five Deadly Venoms'

We shot a full career interview with Gordon that includes discussions of all 3 '36th Chamber' movies....so fingers crossed they'll actually use them

I hope so too, Mike!

Why not just say BR??

That's another possibility as well, some say BR some say BD... I usually try to keep it simple and just say "blu-ray" :tongue:

Has anyone seen yet if Return really has 2 discs, and what the 2nd disc has on it?

Good point... I'm starting to think that might've been some typo. Not only does the box art completely ignore any possibility of it being two discs (after all, two discs would automatically make it an "ultimate edition"), but in the press release, no mention of special features was made at all. I'm starting to think bare bones, not even a Logan commentary.

*sigh* Let's hope this isn't "Ultrabit" all over again.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah I'm beginning to think it will only be one disc, but Amazon and hkflix first listed it as 2 discs, and that hasn’t changed. Hopefully it comes with Disciples. I think Markgway first thought of that. Seems logical.

Good point Morgoth seems very logical to release it with Diciples. I would just like to see DD release all their SHAW BROS movies even if they are barebones.

Morgoth Bauglir
Good point Morgoth seems very logical to release it with Diciples. I would just like to see DD release all their SHAW BROS movies even if they are barebones.

That is fine with me too. Hopefully this release sells really well and we will get the rest of the titles DD has.

Yeah I'm beginning to think it will only be one disc, but Amazon and hkflix first listed it as 2 discs, and that hasn’t changed. Hopefully it comes with Disciples. I think Markgway first thought of that. Seems logical.

I got the official press release yesterday and it said that Return to the 36th Chamber is one disc. DD's standard-def version of The Killer will be two discs, though.

That sort of thing has happened with DD before. I know with their version of Tai Chi Master that it was orignally supposed to be 2 discs - they distributed the DVD cover art which had "2 disc special edition" on it - but a couple of weeks before it came out, the second disc was left out.

I think it might come down to stores not putting in enough orders to justify the extra cost of putting in the second DVD.

Also, minor note, according to the Wikipedia page of "list of Dragon Dynasty releases" (trustworthy, I know), the blu-rays will also be numbered, with 36th Chamber of Shaolin being #1 and The Killer being #2. My guess is The Protector, if asianblurayguide.com is right, will be #3.

That may be a mistake (shocking right?) as DD's facebook page clearly says Return to 36th Chamber and The Killer will be #40 & #41. Maybe the BDs will begin from #1.

Archived