Darkest Sword AMRS Project!!!

Flashlegs Pete Jr

I think it's great you are bringing lost classics back to life, not so great that most people won't see them. But it's a private club, so I understand you guys are under no obligation to share. However, if history teaches us one thing it's that nothing stays hidden forever. I believe these movies will be leaked eventually, but maybe it doesn't have to come to that. How about timed exclusivity, like they do with some videogames? All new projects could be avilable exclusive to your club members for a year, after which you could sell them from your website for a limited time, say a week. That way your members get all the movies first, but the rest of us would still have a chance of seeing them. As for only a limited number of people being interested in rare titles, maybe that's because these movies are so hard to come by. Anyway, I wish you guys all the best. There are so few of us kung fu fans around that we shouldn't fight amongst ourselves.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flashlegs Pete Jr

Every good Fan has something to offer, you would be surprised what we fans can come up with...having said this we are choosy simply, because we have set rules in order to protect our hard efforts.

Jesse Smooth

I would ask to join, but I sincerely have nothing to offer other than an enthusiasm to do whatever I can. I can do DVD sleeves, but not much else. I envy those who have the time and the resources to work on these films.

I am working on something of my own, but I doubt that it would not even come close to what you guys are doing.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

Jesse its all about a graet passion for good old school entertainment and believe me a lot of hard work and effort involved here, but its very rewarding to finish one of these projects.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

Yes! we usually VOTE THE NEXT Project and its pretty much agreed now, we are about to do a RARE Korean title (Dubbed & Subbed With Original Audio) and give it the ULTIMATE TOUCH!!! a double disc SPECIAL with a RARE!! BruceXploitation....

Yes! we usually VOTE THE NEXT Project and its pretty much agreed now, we are about to do a RARE Korean title (Dubbed & Subbed With Original Audio) and give it the ULTIMATE TOUCH!!! a double disc SPECIAL with a RARE!! BruceXploitation....

sorry to dig this up (found it by chance) bt you could have included German Trailer(based on the chinese one, with chinese titles included i think) & Lobby Cards as Bonus for DARKEST SWORD. you have no collector friends from germany? that's a bit poor for an AMRS, as german collectors are known to be rabid folks.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

you have no collector friends from germany? that's a bit poor for an AMRS, as german collectors are known to be rabid folks.

Sadly no we do not have any GERMANS in the CLUB!!....we have Danish, Italian, Swedish, Japanese, Turkish....but no Germans as yet...We did take on 3 new members recently to be honest so we are still growing as a CLUB!!!

OUR Latest project as seen below was put together by my 15 year old brother after some training in AUTHORING FROM ME that is.....This basically shows anyone can START THEIR OWN CLUB and forget Kung Fu movies Distribution companies.....THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN IMO!!

AMRS LATEST PROJECT

Invincible Obsessed Fighter (Korean Classic) in two audio languages...Korean & English Dubbed the project was made up of 3 different prints....English Dubbed Korean Print and French Print...all 3 prints are CUT!!! AMRS version is TOTALLY UNCUT!!!

Motion Menu

Motion%20Menu.gif

Scene%20Selections.gif

Special%20Features.gif

Invincible%20Obsessed%20Fighter%20%20(Biographies%20&%20Filmographies).gif

Invincible%20Obsessed%20Fighter%20(Subtitle%20Selection).gif

Invincible%20Obsessed%20Fighter%20(MIKE%20WONG1).gif

invincible%20Obsessed%20Fighter%20(ELTON%20CHONG1).gif

Invincible%20Obsessed%20Fighter%20(BI%20WUN).gif

SCREEN SHOTS!!!

AMRS%20Snap%20Shot%201.gif

Snap%20Shot%20AMRS%202.gif

Snap%20Shot%20AMRS%203.gif

SOME ENCOURAGING STATEMENTS FROM OUR MEMBERS TO START YOUR OWN CLUBS!!

AMRS latest project totally UNCUT and it took 3 different versions to put this together..duel audio in Korean with Engliish subs and English dubbed....Letterbox as always.

o_35J6C67kg

Cool project guys. However, if you want some critism, I can just say that you should have remastered the picture quality (well, maybe it's only the trailer... I hope) but the film looks too damn red tinted. Also, on another level the DVD covers look too simple and amateurish, I think more work could be done there.

No hard feelings, I'm just giving an honnest opinion of what I think. Other than that, good choice of titles and great dynamic menus. :wink:

Yeah you are right, doing a scene by scene correction is a hell of a job, especially if the movie's editing is very tight. In my case, I used various programs when I do restoration, like TMPGEnc / DirectXtoDVD / VirtualDub, but of course the key is to use a good range of filters. I recently remastered a poor Korean tape for friends at www.houndslowteam.tk, Miss Please Be Patient, I was able to bring back the colors and remove that horrible greenish tint from the print.

How many films did Asian Movie Restoration Society (ARMS) put out in total? Anyone know? I was digging through a box of flix this evening and uncovered this DVD. I think I have a few more but don't know the titles.

IMG_7563.jpg

No idea if this is complete but these are the titles I know of

The Darkest Sword (1970)
One Armed Swordswoman (1972)
The Tormentor (1973)
Four Real Friends (1974)
The Ming Patriots (1976)
War of the Shaolin Temple (1980)
Shaolin Temple Strikes Back (1981)
Hitman in the Hand of Buddha (1981)
Invincible Obsessed Fighter (1982)
Wolf Devil Woman (1982)

20 hours ago, panku said:

Four Real Friends (1974)

Recently picked up a copy of their Four Real Friends(1974) release.

NoKUNGFUforYU

3 hours ago, fabhui said:

I was on the AMRS team. I think the list of titles above looks pretty complete.

Excellent work, btw!

Archived