Meng Fei

Alexandra

MarsHarmony

Here are a few screen captures from The Boxers Adventure(1979)

bxradv00006.jpgbxradv00010.jpgbxradv00011.jpg

Blacky Ko Sau Leung, Jack Lung Sai Ga and Meng Fei

bxradv00012.jpgbxradv00013.jpg

Jack Lung Sai Ga and Meng Fei

bxradv00015.jpgbxradv00020.jpgbxradv00021.jpgbxradv00024.jpgbxradv00026.jpg

Meng Fei, Jack Lung Sai Ga and Blacky Ko Sau Leung

bxradv00029.jpgbxradv00034.jpgbxradv00035.jpgbxradv00036.jpgbxradv00038.jpgbxradv00039.jpgbxradv00044.jpg

Meng Fei, Jack Lung Sai Ga and Lung Tien Hsiang

bxradv00046.jpgbxradv00050.jpgbxradv00051.jpg

Meng Fei and Wang Hsieh

I have noticed some differences of opinion on the privacy of Mr Fei, and in this regard I wish to clarify: this space devoted to him was intended to express freely and in a respectful way, to read and share information that enrich us as each one can provide several perspectives thoughts, feelings, passions, criticisms and all I can say about the life and work of Mr. Fei. I can not tolerate in any respect as another member of this forum, point out that something must be said and that another should not say, with arguments that seem frivolous, and saying that a partner is a "blind fan", a fact which I consider insulting because no person has rights to label or tag to anyone about their admiration for the artist which is speaking. As for being a fan, I wish to clarify once and for all, that every person in this place, nothing but admiration for an actor, an actress, a director, a choreographer, but consider them smart enough to think they have spirit critical, because as we all know, the "blindness" is caused precisely censorship, discrimination, and even if you look in history, is what has led to the misunderstanding of the other, leading to the worst wars that can be imagine. Here, no one will say what you should speak or what you should not talk. Here there is freedom and respect for an artist, which we feel admiration and we have a critical mind and to look objectively at your work and life issues, always with respect, to share with all, mainly because, rather than being " "blind fans" are fans of talents. This I would like to close the case because it is painful to see that this space is wasting time on the whims of those who say what they should say or not.

When I think you can talk about facts of life and career of an actor, I understand that none are able to judge their action. Since an actor achieves fame, is already a public person, where his exposure to the world is enormous, and is subject to all kinds of opinions about their private life since he stopped being a public figure, like it or not. It is the rule of the game. It is clear that a person like any other that makes mistakes, but we are not to judge. Or we enter into what the tabloids fluff. Everywhere you look, on any public figure, be read stories of all kinds about his private life, whether married or not, if he had children or not, if it was a faithful husband or a casanova, is part of the game I repeat. The data reported here about his private life can be very useful for all who admire Mr. Fei, only an anecdote, not just started this debate which we are not trained or authorized, both morally and ethically.

And all I say this as someone who has felt very bad reading the messages, and as moderator of Meng Fei Fans Social Group, I do not want these sputtered prevent the free expression of my friends or feel intimidated. Here are many people who have much to offer, and that is wonderful, so I suggest to follow this path, and that detracts think hundred times before writing any censorship. Thank you.

Alexandra

Alexandra !

I think MOST OF US agree 100% !!!!!

YOU HAVE ALL MY SUPPORT !!!!!

PS. Do you know what ? I PICKED UP "THE GUY WITH SECRET KUNG FU " today for $ 1.00 at a local discount store !! COULD NOT BELIVE IT !! Great movie but since I have it only on VHS & no longer have a VCR I have not been able to watch it for a while !!!!:kiss:

Thanks again Alexandra, Your friend Athena

By Mark Pollard | Published November 18, 2007

A brash young man learns the “Eight Immortals” kung fu style from a drunken beggar. Trouble begins when an old enemy and his powerful allies comes looking for the beggar, forcing the young man to defend his friends and family with the aid of a wizened gambler and a mysterious young woman.

Mang Fei teams up with director and co-star Wu Ma in this humorously entertaining story of drunken boxing, gambling, and bad hair.

Who ever said working in a noodle shop was easy? Certainly not Chang Fung (played by Mang Fei). Chang is constantly harassed by his lazy uncle who runs the shop. Then after getting a thrashing from a drunk, Chang ends up enduring a month of painful training from him before walking out in frustration. Shortly after, Chang draws the attention of Master Pai, a wealthy martial arts master who wants that drunken beggar dead. His cronies cause all sorts of trouble for the young man. Thankfully, Chang receives help from a mangy-haired street gambler named Monkey (Wu Ma) and a beautiful young woman with a potent Mantis fighting style who falls in love with him. Monkey manages to win money to repair Chang’s shop after its destroyed, but the family is eventually kicked out. Chang tries to fight Tan Hun, Pai’s head crony, but fails. He returns to the drunken beggar to complete his training and learns of the beggar’s rivalry with Pai. Pai hires a mysterious fighter in a basket hat who follows Chang to the beggar’s hideout, but gets beaten. When Chang’s cousin is kidnapped and his uncle left for dead by Pai’s men, he fights his way through Tan Hun, two more hired baddies known as the Silver and Gold Tigers, and finally takes on Pai himself.

Kung Fu of Eight Drunkards is an amusing film along the same lines of Sammo Hung’s Filthy Guy (1980) or Knockabout (1979). Classic kung fu comedies were at their peak thanks to the previous success of Jackie Chan’s Drunken Master (1978). While not as well known, Mang Fei was a competent comic lead in his own right and a decent martial arts star to boot. I must admit to being a biased fan of Mang, but he really does pour on the charm as an over-anxious, yet fun-loving fellow. Wu Ma seems to be wearing the same dirty wig Sammo wore in Filthy Guy. His performance as a pick-pocket and street gambler is actually quite memorable as he manages to give the character emotional depth. The drunken beggar routine has been done countless times, but the fellow who plays him in this film is quite convincing. In one terrific scene, Mang Fei is attempting to fend off the attack by Lung Fei while the beggar tells him which stance to use. At one point, the beggar gets lost in his own drunkenness, leaving Mang hollering for what stance to use next. Wu Ma ends up shaking the drunk out of his stupor just in time.

The martial arts action is fairly good, but the emphasis is on well developed characters. This is where the film shines, especially since the action slows down in the middle. Liu Ming as Mang’s love interest is attractive and kicks butt! Her character does seem to just float in and out of scenes at times, but its a welcome diversion. The way in which her true identity is revealed is surprisingly subtle and effective. I was disappointed with Lung Fei’s role. He trails Mang throughout the film as a menacing figure and cranks his neck to one side as a trademark gesture. While the fight with Mang is interesting, it’s all too short given the buildup.

I could also speak against the film’s meandering plot. It all comes together at the end, but it occasionally stalls. Some of the gambling scenes with Wu Ma aren’t that interesting and could have been cut. Overall, I’m a big fan of kung fu comedies and I really enjoyed this one. Wu Ma gives a good acting performance and Mang Fei is like an easygoing Jackie Chan. There isn’t anything groundbreaking to see, but Kung Fu of Eight Drunkards winningly incorporates the best elements of the genre popular at the time of its release.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I rescued this excellent review of Mark Pollard about KFo8D, but I point up:

Every actor have his own way for make comedia, even the orders of the director or the possible acting training got that could moderate or change the self expression.

To make comedia is not equal to be a comedian. They are differents. Jackie Chan make comedia, mixed with acrobatic skills. He (in terms of acting, purely technically speaking) repeat all the time several gestures, facial features, and body positions along all his movies. I not found in him a wide range of modalities or expressions that enrich a comedian. I discovered in Meng Fei an superb comedian, not someone who make a comedy. His gestures, the versatility in his movements, demonstrated an extraordinary source of comedian energetic one, but not well known in Western audiences. I appreciate of course the talent and the career of Jackie Chan, but, I must give not my "two cents" for Meng Fei, but my "zillion cents" for his charisma as an comedian.

Alexandra

PS. Do you know what ? I PICKED UP "THE GUY WITH SECRET KUNG FU " today for $ 1.00 at a local discount store !! COULD NOT BELIVE IT !! Great movie but since I have it only on VHS & no longer have a VCR I have not been able to watch it for a while !!!!:kiss:

Hello Athena

Congrats for your great finding! Who is the actress in the pic? Interesting the sentence at the end of your message.

Alexandra

Dear mengfan, I truly admire your dedication. Because of you, I have decided to come out and clarify things about Meng Fei. There were a lot of info about him that were wrong. He was born May 25, 1951.

He has the same birthday as his son, Gabriel (yang chin long). He is 25% Russian. His Hong Kong last name is YEUNG. In Taiwan, it is spelled YANG. He was my 2nd husband. My first husband died when I was 21. Meng Fei and I were separated after 7 years of marriage. The reason is something that i really don't want to talk about anymore.. Let it be known, that no matter what happens, I will always love him the rest of my life. It's true that he never got in touch with us from the time that we separated, which is so painful because his birthday and my son's is the same. But I have forgiven him, I had my shortcomings too. My son loves him, and have forgiven him also. He is basically a good man.

If I can love him up to now, so can all his fans. Showbiz is showbiz. It's a very difficult world. What you see and read in the tabloids is something that us actors cannot avoid. It can make us, and ruin us.

I know because I am an actress. I never complained that he didn't get in touch with us anymore. When the media asked me if we were communicating, I just said NO. They made a big story out of it. What people know about me is most of the time completely the opposite of what I am. Most people don't know who the real Meng Fei is. I only wish that all life can be like a movie with a happy ending.

Let's be happy for him.

I'll be posting more pictures soon, you can find them in my photo albums.

Secretmember
Hello Athena

Congrats for your great finding! Who is the actress in the pic? Interesting the sentence at the end of your message.

Alexandra

hey alexandea .

its fan bing bing from jackie chan and jet lis forbidden kingdom.chill to meet you .athena is my big sis just gave me a digg copy of guy w/secret kung fu .i have copies of all sis meng fei and fu sheng stuff .

meng fei is a digg MA actor.

hey alexandea .

its fan bing bing from jackie chan and jet lis forbidden kingdom.chill to meet you .athena is my big sis just gave me a digg copy of guy w/secret kung fu .i have copies of all sis meng fei and fu sheng stuff .

meng fei is a digg MA actor.

Yes ,he is right .

I like that photo , it is from the " FORBBIDEN KINGDOM "

( with Jet Li & Jackie Chan ), the actress is the beautiful FAN BING BING playing a version of "the bride with white hair " character.. She has only done a few movie but I have seen all her China & HK TV series .

The writing in my signature is a Buddhist quote , I am a Buddhist not by religion but by the philosophy .

The meaning really is to RELATE TO SOMEONE ELSE AT THEIR OWN WAVELENGTH , to let go of NARROW MINDEDNESS...

Very important I think ! & WE CAN USE SOME OF THAT AROUND HERE with all the silly arguments ! Don't you agree Alexandra ??

Your Good Friend Athena ...

The dualies are messing with you. The main actresses in The Guy with Secret Kung Fu are Nancy Yen Nan-See, Sally Chen Sha-Li, and Elsa Yeung Wai-San.

Hyperdrive,

Alexandra sendt me a PM & asked who the actress in my signature photo is .

She is Fan bing bing . Can you explain please ?

She did not ask me who the 3 pretty actresses in the movie The guy with secret kung fu were . Please check the Internet link for the properties of the photo before you say I am lying ? Thank You .

It's actually Li Bing Bing in your sig.

You are right ! I always mix up the 2 Last Names so sorry !

I think Li is a slightly better actress than Fan but both are great !

What do you think ?

Thank You, Athena

Dear mengfan, I truly admire your dedication. Because of you, I have decided to come out and clarify things about Meng Fei. There were a lot of info about him that were wrong. He was born May 25, 1951.

He has the same birthday as his son, Gabriel (yang chin long). He is 25% Russian. His Hong Kong last name is YEUNG. In Taiwan, it is spelled YANG. He was my 2nd husband. My first husband died when I was 21. Meng Fei and I were separated after 7 years of marriage. The reason is something that i really don't want to talk about anymore.. Let it be known, that no matter what happens, I will always love him the rest of my life. It's true that he never got in touch with us from the time that we separated, which is so painful because his birthday and my son's is the same. But I have forgiven him, I had my shortcomings too. My son loves him, and have forgiven him also. He is basically a good man.

If I can love him up to now, so can all his fans. Showbiz is showbiz. It's a very difficult world. What you see and read in the tabloids is something that us actors cannot avoid. It can make us, and ruin us.

I know because I am an actress. I never complained that he didn't get in touch with us anymore. When the media asked me if we were communicating, I just said NO. They made a big story out of it. What people know about me is most of the time completely the opposite of what I am. Most people don't know who the real Meng Fei is. I only wish that all life can be like a movie with a happy ending.

Let's be happy for him.

Very interesting !

You are right ! I always mix up the 2 Last Names so sorry !

I think Li is a slightly better actress than Fan but both are great !

What do you think ?

Thank You, Athena

No worries.

I haven't seen much of either of them but from what I've seen I'd agree that Li is the better actress. There's still room for improvement on both their parts though.

does anyone know why meng fei only did one tv series for tvb, the rise of the kung fu master ?, the actors at tvb usually do more than one series ?

slazenger_7

Let's be happy for him.

Greetings.

This is UNBELIEVABLE...!

Ms. Elizabeth Oropesa[Mrs. Yeung Liza] initiating communication herself on a Meng Fei thread...

We've all got to thank Mengfan for this totally unexpected privilege.

Thank you for offering some personal information about Mr. Meng Fei. I can't imagine how the starter of this thread--Alexandra--will react to this...

Actually getting a response from a celebrity and also a former spouse of Mr. Meng Fei...

The only thing left would be to get Mr. Fei himself to drop in on this thread and Alexandra might faint...LOL!

Seriously, Mrs. Yeung[Ms. Oropesa], with all due respect, this is a totally unexpected privilege for ALL of us, indeed...

Please do offer some more general biographical info on Mr. Meng Fei as he truly deserves all the recognition due him as an actor and martial artist from the perspectives of his many fans around the world...

One of the burning questions I had was whether Mr. Fei was the adopted or biological son of Sifu Tam Fei Pang, the Choy Lee Fut[Tsai Li Fu] kung fu master, as well as the grandson of Grand Master Tam Sam--the Choy Lee Fut pioneer? This info regarding Mr. Fei was presented in the official movie trailer of his film from 1975 titled Young Hero Of Shaolin...

Is this a fact or was it a publicity stunt by South Sea Film Company--the film company that produced that film...?

Also, you stated he is 25% Russian...Is that from his mother's side or father's?

Where was Mr. Fei born and what is his full real name and could you tell us something about his parents?

Also, please upload some more photos of his son Gabriel for us...It would be much appreciated. What a coincidence that Meng Fei and his son Gabriel share the same birthday! How did Mr. Fei react to this when Gabriel was born?

Is Gabriel planning an acting career, also?

Forgive me for all these questions but the totally unexpected visit by someone such as yourself in this thread is...What can one say...?

Your candor and sincerity in your post about Mr. Fei was quite moving.

Thank you ever so much for joining our Meng Fei thread...Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Greetings.

This is UNBELIEVABLE...!

Ms. Elizabeth Oropesa[Mrs. Yeung Liza] initiating communication herself on a Meng Fei thread...

We've all got to thank Mengfan for this totally unexpected privilege.

Thank you for offering some personal information about Mr. Meng Fei. I can't imagine how the starter of this thread--Alexandra--will react to this...

Actually getting a response from a celebrity and also a former spouse of Mr. Meng Fei...

The only thing left would be to get Mr. Fei himself to drop in on this thread and Alexandra might faint...LOL!

Seriously, Mrs. Yeung[Ms. Oropesa], with all due respect, this is a totally unexpected privilege for ALL of us, indeed...

Please do offer some more general biographical info on Mr. Meng Fei as he truly deserves all the recognition due him as an actor and martial artist from the perspectives of his many fans around the world...

One of the burning questions I had was whether Mr. Fei was the adopted or biological son of Sifu Tam Fei Pang, the Choy Lee Fut[Tsai Li Fu] kung fu master, as well as the grandson of Grand Master Tam Sam--the Choy Lee Fut pioneer? This info regarding Mr. Fei was presented in the official movie trailer of his film from 1975 titled Young Hero Of Shaolin...

Is this a fact or was it a publicity stunt by South Sea Film Company--the film company that produced that film...?

Also, you stated he is 25% Russian...Is that from his mother's side or father's?

Where was Mr. Fei born and what is his full real name and could you tell us something about his parents?

Also, please upload some more photos of his son Gabriel for us...It would be much appreciated. What a coincidence that Meng Fei and his son Gabriel share the same birthday! How did Mr. Fei react to this when Gabriel was born?

Is Gabriel planning an acting career, also?

Forgive me for all these questions but the totally unexpected visit by someone such as yourself in this thread is...What can one say...?

Your candor and sincerity in your post about Mr. Fei was quite moving.

Thank you ever so much for joining our Meng Fei thread...Look forward to hearing from you soon.

dear Slazenger_7, Meng Fei's real name is Yeung Un Tong. He was born and raised in Mainland China. Quang chow I believe, forgive me if my spelling is wrong. I can speak a little mandarin, but cannot read or write. He is 25% Russian on his father side. He has one younger half-brother. His mother and stepfather are both medical doctors. He never met his real father. I think he died when he was very young. It's true that he swam from Mainland to HongKong. He is a very strong willed, determined man. He only saw me on TV, and he decided that he wanted me, and started looking for me through the chinese community in the philippines. Unbelievable. Long story. Maybe you're not interested.

He was very happy when I got pregnant. He was happier when I gave birth on his birthday, in fact he made me promise to hold it for as long as I can, so I can give birth exactly on the day he was born. In other words, Gabriel is a gift of love from God (according to him). I quit acting for him. I dedicated myself to taking care of my husband and son. Unfortunately, we were not able to surpass one major trial that came our way, that's why we separated. How I wish I could write and read chinese, so I could follow up on him quietly, without disturbing him.

How I wish that he would also see how tall and very much like him the face of his son. My son's chinese name is Yang Chin Long. It means "Golden Dragon", according to him. With regards to acting career, NO, I forbid him to become an actor unless he finishes schooling.

Oh yes, I forgot.... Meng Fei is truly very vain! But I love him just the same. I know for sure that his "Alopecia" (male pattern baldness) bothered him tremendously. I'm glad he found a way to fix it. It would have not bothered me if he was bald. Hehehe. His face is so handsome, nothing can change it, hair or no hair. Besides, some kung fu movies requires them to shave their hair, except for a pony tail at the back. And they still look good.

Enough for now, will post more pictures when I get to buy a new scanner, too busy at the clinic right now. Cheers to all his fans!!!

Love, Lizayeung.

To all his fans, in case you're wondering about my signature, he used to always shout from downstairs when he arrives, no matter how late "Mrs. Yeung! I looooooove you so! ".

He calls me Mrs. Yeung, since the day he became my boyfriend, and I call him Mr. Yeung since the day we were married, up to now.

slazenger_7
dear Slazenger_7, Meng Fei's real name is Yeung Un Tong. He was born and raised in Mainland China. Quang chow I believe, forgive me if my spelling is wrong. I can speak a little mandarin, but cannot read or write. He is 25% Russian on his father side. He has one younger half-brother. His mother and stepfather are both medical doctors. He never met his real father. I think he died when he was very young. It's true that he swam from Mainland to HongKong. He is a very strong willed, determined man. He only saw me on TV, and he decided that he wanted me, and started looking for me through the chinese community in the philippines. Unbelievable. Long story. Maybe you're not interested.

He was very happy when I got pregnant. He was happier when I gave birth on his birthday, in fact he made me promise to hold it for as long as I can, so I can give birth exactly on the day he was born. In other words, Gabriel is a gift of love from God (according to him). I quit acting for him. I dedicated myself to taking care of my husband and son. Unfortunately, we were not able to surpass one major trial that came our way, that's why we separated. How I wish I could write and read chinese, so I could follow up on him quietly, without disturbing him.

How I wish that he would also see how tall and very much like him the face of his son. My son's chinese name is Yang Chin Long. It means "Golden Dragon", according to him. With regards to acting career, NO, I forbid him to become an actor unless he finishes schooling.

Oh yes, I forgot.... Meng Fei is truly very vain! But I love him just the same. I know for sure that his "Alopecia" (male pattern baldness) bothered him tremendously. I'm glad he found a way to fix it. It would have not bothered me if he was bald. Hehehe. His face is so handsome, nothing can change it, hair or no hair. Besides, some kung fu movies requires them to shave their hair, except for a pony tail at the back. And they still look good.

Enough for now, will post more pictures when I get to buy a new scanner, too busy at the clinic right now. Cheers to all his fans!!!

Love, Lizayeung.

Dear Mrs. LizaYeung Un Tong,

I must say one thing, for all the fans in the world Mr. Fei has, it is increasingly becoming apparent that NONE of us compare with the love and adoration you (his spouse) has displayed for him...

I really am at a loss for more words beyond that...

THANK YOU ever so much for the biographical info on Meng Fei...General history and investigative research were always an interest of mine during my school years. Hence me asking you all those biographical questions about your husband.

I wonder if Mr. Fei will ever get wind of this Kungfu Cinema Forum thread dedicated to him some time in the future...

Maybe he can communicate with you and his son right here...I know that famous actors and filmmakers do regularly browse IMDB and even offer some articles under assumed names (psuedonyms) so as not to draw too much attention to themselves...This I know to be fact.

IF after Gabriel finishes his schooling, and both of you mutually decide that he should proceed with an acting career, what name would he use?

Gabriel Fei or Meng Fei Jr.?

After all, Antonio Sabato Jr. didn't do too badly with his acting career considering his dad Antonio Sabato was a popular leading man of the late 60's and 70's in Western Europe...

You yourself were a top star of Filipino cinema affectionately nicknamed La Oropesa...Are you permanently retired from acting?

I caught some clips of your films from YouTube...

There are articles about your career as a faith-healer, spiritual consoler, and psychic posted in the internet...This seems a world apart from your acting career...

Here is an article excerpt:

La Oropesa sees dead people

By Marge C. Enriquez

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 03:04:00 06/29/2008

Filed Under: People, Culture (general), Belief (Faith)

MANILA, Philippines - “Bistado! (exposed!)” exclaims the healer’s assistant.

Bicolana-American healer “Doctor Freeman” is mildly pressing the spine of a male patient. As she loosens up the tension in his upper body, she burps continuously.

She discovers he is extremely toxic from smoking, drinking and other excesses. Her hands seem to be sucking the negative energy from him while the continuous gross burping releases it. She blurts in Tagalog, “I can also sense indiscretions.”

In her clinic, she sheds off her image as onetime screen vamp, Elizabeth Oropesa (Freeman is her father’s surname). She is giving a demonstration on the Dorn Method, a gentle vertebrae and joint treatment for ailments linked to the spine, enhanced by her psychic gifts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is truly fascinating...!

It says your father's surname was Freeman. I believe your mother's name is Flordeliza..

With Meng Fei being one-quarter Russian, with all due respect, may I ask what is your complete ethnic background?

slazenger_7
He only saw me on TV, and he decided that he wanted me, and started looking for me through the chinese community in the philippines. Unbelievable. Long story. Maybe you're not interested.

Actually, it would be a very INTERESTING read for both Meng Fei & Elizabeth Oropesa fans...To get it right from the source rather than those disgraceful tabloids...

As you stated, Mr. Fei is a very determined, strong-willed person...I wonder which was more difficult for him, the swim (which I originally speculated to be studio publicity) from mainland China to HK or finding his way to you...?

When my dad was doing HK martial arts film distribution to India back in the 70's, I remember one of the films he was negotiating was THE DRAGON, THE LIZARD, THE BOXER...

How did Mr. Fei get along with Filipino martial arts superstar Ramon Zamora?

Also, how popular in the Phillippines was Meng Fei among the Filipinos?

Did Meng Fei EVER play a villain in any of his martial arts films?

Gabriel looks really tall...Meng Fei is listed at 5-ft. 7-in. but he seems shorter...

Salamat.

P.S.--There is a picture of Mr. Fei and maybe yourself working out in a gym in post # 122 on 13 May 2010; it is with a host of other photos. I have attached it below. Is that you?

post-4613-144191888139_thumb.jpg

ThunderScore

COMMANDO THE NINJA and BORN A NINJA are 2 IFD titles that appear to be taken from a TV series, probably from the mid to late 80s. Anyone have any info on the original production?

181260b42672c2e0e19ab172c2662c46891c04c9.bmp

Ah my friends, I was ten days without my computer (collapsed) and I am back... and of course fainted when I read that Ms. Oropesa had the deference to write in this thread. Of course I can't believe, is very kind and nice that such important personality feel the interest to write and give to us important information, but let me one day for the recovering of the fainting.

Thank you Ms. Oropesa.

Alexandra

Actually, it would be a very INTERESTING read for both Meng Fei & Elizabeth Oropesa fans...To get it right from the source rather than those disgraceful tabloids...

As you stated, Mr. Fei is a very determined, strong-willed person...I wonder which was more difficult for him, the swim (which I originally speculated to be studio publicity) from mainland China to HK or finding his way to you...?

When my dad was doing HK martial arts film distribution to India back in the 70's, I remember one of the films he was negotiating was THE DRAGON, THE LIZARD, THE BOXER...

How did Mr. Fei get along with Filipino martial arts superstar Ramon Zamora?

Also, how popular in the Phillippines was Meng Fei among the Filipinos?

Did Meng Fei EVER play a villain in any of his martial arts films?

Gabriel looks really tall...Meng Fei is listed at 5-ft. 7-in. but he seems shorter...

Salamat.

P.S.--There is a picture of Mr. Fei and maybe yourself working out in a gym in post # 122 on 13 May 2010; it is with a host of other photos. I have attached it below. Is that you?

That was quick, slazenger_7! Meng Fei got along very well with Ramon Zamora and all the rest of the Filipino actors. Of course they were going "gaga" over him, it was the height of his career after -King Boxer. He too is funny, sweet and very handsome. Everybody wanted to take care of him. (who won't?) I have not seen him play the role of a villain ever. If he did, it was probably before me, and he never mentioned it. Fei Chai, that's how his friends call him...is not very tall. I'm taller, but it never bothered him. In fact, I would wear heels when we go out, and he would proudly display me to everybody like a trophy. He said: "Very strong famous men have wives that are tall". He would always refer to Napoleon Bonaparte (talk about confidence! the guy is oozing with it.)

Obviously, Gabriel took his height from me.. If ever Mr. Yeung's boy will become an actor, ( not if I can help it) , we have not talked about the change of name. His height as of now is 6'1. He's studying in DLS-CSB, one of the famous schools in the Philippines, studying Digital Arts and getting a degree in Animation.

The only reason why I came out and joined the thread, is because I felt it's time to correct some of the misinformation regarding Meng Fei. Incidentally, his english name is Anthony Yeung. I also wanted the people to know that he has another son that he never saw since after he was 2 years old. This way, if something happens to me and I am gone, maybe some of his fans who can write and speak chinese will let him know that his son is now without a mother. The same way in case he dies ahead of me, I would like his son Gabriel to have the privilege of being there even for just the last time.

Nothing else, nothing more. I have no intention of disturbing his life, especially now that he has another family. Everything will be up to him.

With regards to my career, I stopped a total of 3 years straight, then after that would only accept a TV show and a movie maybe once a year. But only if I liked the role. The last one I made was chosen to compete at the "Oscars". All of these is because I was studying. I took up TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), physiology and anatomy, I specialized in bone alignment medically, aside from specializing in caring for cancer patients. I studied so many other things I don't need to put here, lest the people think i'm bragging. I did all of these after bagging the super Grand Slam Best Actress. I felt it was time to change my career.

I was born a clairvoyant. Even Mr. Yeung knows it. I could heal sick people since I was young, and could see spirits. I never talked about this before because being in showbiz, the media and the people might make a big issue out of it and might say negative things about it. Besides, it was not yet accepted before, unlike now, people are more open. I went to medical school and studied TCM as well, so that when I open a clinic, it would be legitimate, and my gift would just be incidental.

Wow slazenger_7! you sure know how to ask the right questions. I have not yet thanked you for being his avid fan. Thank you, slazenger_7. Yes, I'm the one at the picture exercising beside him. My real name is Elizabeth O. Freeman. My father is a doctor in the US army. He is half-american Indian (apache).

Love, Mrs. Yeung

Ah my friends, I was ten days without my computer (collapsed) and I am back... and of course fainted when I read that Ms. Oropesa had the deference to write in this thread. Of course I can't believe, is very kind and nice that such important personality feel the interest to write and give to us important information, but let me one day for the recovering of the fainting.

Thank you Ms. Oropesa.

Alexandra

Dear Alexandra, I will give you time to recover and catch your breath.

Be well. Love, Mrs. Yeung

I have to say, I've not seen much of Meng Fei's films but what I've seen has been impressive. I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to participate in this thread. It brings us a bit closer to knowing Meng Fei the individual, not just Meng Fei the action actor (not that there's anything wrong with that).

slazenger_7
That was quick, slazenger_7! Meng Fei got along very well with Ramon Zamora and all the rest of the Filipino actors. Of course they were going "gaga" over him, it was the height of his career after -King Boxer. He too is funny, sweet and very handsome. Everybody wanted to take care of him. (who won't?) I have not seen him play the role of a villain ever. If he did, it was probably before me, and he never mentioned it. Fei Chai, that's how his friends call him...is not very tall. I'm taller, but it never bothered him. In fact, I would wear heels when we go out, and he would proudly display me to everybody like a trophy. He said: "Very strong famous men have wives that are tall". He would always refer to Napoleon Bonaparte (talk about confidence! the guy is oozing with it.)

Obviously, Gabriel took his height from me.. If ever Mr. Yeung's boy will become an actor, ( not if I can help it) , we have not talked about the change of name. His height as of now is 6'1. He's studying in DLS-CSB, one of the famous schools in the Philippines, studying Digital Arts and getting a degree in Animation.

The only reason why I came out and joined the thread, is because I felt it's time to correct some of the misinformation regarding Meng Fei. Incidentally, his english name is Anthony Yeung. I also wanted the people to know that he has another son that he never saw since after he was 2 years old. This way, if something happens to me and I am gone, maybe some of his fans who can write and speak chinese will let him know that his son is now without a mother. The same way in case he dies ahead of me, I would like his son Gabriel to have the privilege of being there even for just the last time.

Nothing else, nothing more. I have no intention of disturbing his life, especially now that he has another family. Everything will be up to him.

With regards to my career, I stopped a total of 3 years straight, then after that would only accept a TV show and a movie maybe once a year. But only if I liked the role. The last one I made was chosen to compete at the "Oscars". All of these is because I was studying. I took up TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), physiology and anatomy, I specialized in bone alignment medically, aside from specializing in caring for cancer patients. I studied so many other things I don't need to put here, lest the people think i'm bragging. I did all of these after bagging the super Grand Slam Best Actress. I felt it was time to change my career.

I was born a clairvoyant. Even Mr. Yeung knows it. I could heal sick people since I was young, and could see spirits. I never talked about this before because being in showbiz, the media and the people might make a big issue out of it and might say negative things about it. Besides, it was not yet accepted before, unlike now, people are more open. I went to medical school and studied TCM as well, so that when I open a clinic, it would be legitimate, and my gift would just be incidental.

Wow slazenger_7! you sure know how to ask the right questions. I have not yet thanked you for being his avid fan. Thank you, slazenger_7. Yes, I'm the one at the picture exercising beside him. My real name is Elizabeth O. Freeman. My father is a doctor in the US army. He is half-american Indian (apache).

Love, Mrs. Yeung

Mrs. Yeung,

I grew up in Los Angeles and my formative years were the 1970's...We youth didn't have any heroes to look up to from the TV shows and films back then...There were the Steve McQueens, Clint Eastwoods, Charlie Bronsons, Lee Van Cleefs, Roy Scheiders, Richard Roundtrees, Ron O'Neals, etc...

But NONE of them were the type of heroes or role models that appeal to young boys like when we came across Bruce Lee, Chen Kuan Tai, David Chiang, Ti Lung, Chi Kuan Chun, Alexander Fu Sheng, and last but not least--Meng Fei...

These guys gave us noble and honorable heroes to look up to and emulate...I think my generation was the last that had heroes of that caliber...

Look at todays "heroes" worldwide...They are all a bad joke! There are no more Bruce Lees or Meng Feis around for the youth of today...

However, I am becoming an Elizabeth Oropesa fan also...No joke. There is quite a large Filipino community here in the U.S. : FIL-AM Association of America...

That was a RARE picture I happened to have found of yourself and Meng Fei which I uploaded here...I am really shocked that there aren't MORE photos of the two of you...!

Here in the U.S. media, photos of celebrity couples are saturated....

It is INDEED a privilege that I managed to upload a photo of celebrities Meng Fei and Elizabeth Oropesa[Mrs. Meng Fei]...Without sounding ill-mannered or impertinent, Mr. Fei clearly appears to be really taken up with who and what he's looking at in that photo (I mean you, of course)...A picture says a thousand words...

Gabriel is 6-ft. 1-in.!? Man, that is tall. It is truly fascinating that you have Apache heritage as well. That is fantastic! So this means Gabriel is Filipino, Han Chinese, Apache American, and Russian! This young man has got to be very, very intelligent, indeed with that mixture. Digital Animation...Excellent. Toy Story 3 just released here in the U.S. and has already broken records for an animated feature...

I also wanted to congratulate you on your great humanitarian work for the sickly...You are truly a remarkable celebrity...Almost NO such showbiz people ever have a second career like the one you have chosen.

God bless you and your son Gabriel. We Meng Fei fans pray that Mr. Fei sees it in his heart to revive personal contact with you in the near future...A family should be together...Even if there is more than one. I was raised Muslim even though my mother's side are all Roman Catholics and I was baptized...Polygamy is lawful in Muslim religion as long as it is done with honor and respect and all families are tended to and cared for with equality--this is straight from the Koran. In the U.S., polygamy is still practiced in the Mormon Christian state of Utah...Please forgive me if I have gotten too personal, but we pray for you and Gabriel and that you are in some way reunited with Mr. Meng Fei. Gabriel looks like a strapping young man and really does look like his Dad...But taller.

Did you ever consider writing an autobiography about your life as a celebrity and as a CLAIRVOYANT...And Meng Fei's wife...? A book has lasting power...It would certainly be a bestseller!

I have one last question for you...As a recognized clairvoyant, can you foresee any reunion or even personal contact between yourself & Gabriel and Mr. Fei sometime in the future...Or is such a vision too personal for even a clairvoyant to foresee with clarity or accuracy?

I also wanted to THANK YOU profusely as a Meng Fei fan (and now an Elizabeth Oropesa fan, also) for coming out and graciously offering information about another celebrity--being a celebrity yourself. You have truly done the UNPRECEDENTED for a former showbiz celebrity!

My Filipino friends would freak out if I told them...

As I related to a friend, us men have a propensity to be self-centered and like to talk about ourselves...But women tend to be more selfless and self-sacrificing...They prefer to talk about those whom they love. As you have about Mr. Meng Fei & his son Gabriel.

Salamat.

P.S.--Viewing your public profile, I found that we share the same birthday...What a coincidence. I have the same username in IMDB and I wrote the only message board post under Meng Fei's IMDB profile. I also added some of his photographs which no one else had added. There is only the few sentences offered by a K JUNO on Mr. Fei's IMDB biography. Maybe, if or when you have some free time, you could add Mr. Meng Fei's biographical info and some more photos...Who could possibly be more qualified then yourself? IMDB is obviously the most widely viewed movie website in the world.

tantao3-son of tantao2

...talking about Meng Fei's movies: The King Of Boxers was probably made in late 1971/early 1972 and was shown in Hong Kong cinemas in 1972!