Meng Fei

Alexandra

slazenger_7

@Shapes

Scratch the request for translation, here it is below...And once again, thank you very much!

http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E5%AD%9F%E9%A3%9B

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fei Meng(1951-),

Whose real name is Yang Andong. In 1984 And Pan Ying-Zi Co-production TV drama "Condor Heroes" 1985. Also cooperate with the Pan Ying-Zi shot "Divine Crazy", when considered with the Pan Ying-Zi is the" screen couple. " Later, and still Show field Artist Of Chen Mei-feng Communication, but communication broke up after a few years, there have been three marriage.

Now engaged in Medical Beauty Career, and has one son Meng Xiang (Whose real name is Wang Baixiang).

Life

Born: 1951 Native: Shandong. Since childhood, Shanghai Martial arts following his uncle. 15 years old and went to the readership Canton And then illegal immigration To Hong Kong (According to the parties that the final 10 hours swimming to Hong Kong), the way people give up because of physically frail, and only Fei Meng Guan Cong Destinations.1971 About Shaw Brothers studios Recruitment of actors, he stands out from the thousands of candidates, but Shaw has not developed well, mainly Shaw star too many opportunities to climb much.1972 With non-Shaw Brothers film "Fong Sai Yuk" The star, filmed more than 30 martial arts films. Have to Philippines Development of performing arts, the final settlement Taiwan And have appeared on multiple television series. Is now in business Classic Lotus International Co., Ltd. And Red Mining Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Vice Chairman The company is developing a series of Medical Stone Skin care products, Commodity And Health Food.

In addition to "Fong Sai Yuk", the "Qiqiao Phoenix jasper knife," "green jade statuette," "New Moon Legend," "chivalry," are all representative works, the most recent film performance is 1993 Of Chu Liu Xiang After the transfer, "Simon was no hate."

Film

1972 "Fong Sai Yuk" and Yasuaki Kurata Other co-star famous for.

1974 "Shaolin" and David Jiang, Dillon, Fu Sheng, Qi Guanjun Costar.

1976 "Legend of Fong Sai Yuk" and Tan Dao liang Master for the first time cooperation. Later, the Department of Fong Sai together a number of movies.

1977 "Fong Sai Yuk big break plum post" and Tan Daoliang starred.

1978 "Snake and Crane loyalty Jiuzhou earthquake," the film also led to a boom extensive participation in martial arts.

1978 "New Legend, Fong Sai Yuk, Lu A mining" and Real Services, Mao Ying, King Kong co-star.

1979 "Qiqiao Phoenix Jasper knife" And Xia Lingling Starred

TV

Condor Heroes 1984 (CTV) DecorationYang Guo

1985 Mainland Crazy (CTV) Decorated Bai Yunfei

1986 Heroes banner(CTV)

1987 Soul Mountain sky(CTV) Decorated Zouren Xiao

1988 Nan Quan Cai Lifo(Hong Kong TVB) Chen Shiang-decoration

1991 Fox of Snowy Mountain(TTV) Decorated with Hu Fei / Hu Yidao

Taiwan mystery(FTV Class Drama)

Rose Ling eye pupil(TTV Class drama)

1996 "Yongzheng Emperor" (Also known as" Emperor Yongzheng Kocho rebellious ") plays Emperor Kangxi (And Hua Tuo cases, Tu ni Co-star)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, courtesy of Shapes we have come this far in trying to get some biographical material on the mysterious & elusive Meng Fei...Even though the info provided by Wikipedia is hardly conclusive for complete accuracy. No mention about Mr. Fei's parentage or what exact system of martial arts he was trained in or even the actual name of his uncle who allegedly trained him...

Also, Meng Fei's filmography is hardly complete in this Wikipedic listing...And the 1978 listing for The Invincible Kung Fu Trio[Hong Xi Guan Fang Shi Yu Liu A Cai] doesn't mention that it was a 1978 North American-European RE-RELEASE. Its original release has two opening dates : 1st Jan 1974 in HK & 31st Dec 1974 in USA-Canada...Finally, in addition to Ms. Angela Mao Ying, a King Kong is listed as a co-star instead of Mr. John Liu[Liu Chung Liang] & Chung Chien Li...This has to be a translator error in Google language tool from where I got the translation.

Nonetheless, this is indeed a breakthrough regarding Meng Fei!

Thanks, Shapes...

slazenger_7
Anyone have good pictures of him?

Some of these more recent Meng Fei photographs I uploaded off of Google China & Google HK...

Mr. Fei seems very close to his son as there are lots of photos of them together...

Enjoy...

post-4613-144191887056_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887058_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887059_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887061_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887465_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887467_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887469_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887471_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887473_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887474_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887476_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887479_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887481_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887483_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887485_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887486_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887489_thumb.jpg

post-4613-14419188749_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887492_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887493_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887495_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887496_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887498_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887501_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887503_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887506_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887508_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887511_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887513_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887517_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887518_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887521_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887524_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888084_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888085_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888087_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888088_thumb.jpg

slazenger_7
Or in internet few information (date of birth, not images, etc, etc, etc)

http://vipstar.com.cn/resume/mengfei

Fei Meng Star Files

描述:魅力男人 Description: The charm of a man

姓名:孟飞拼音:mengfei Name: Fei Meng Pinyin: mengfei

英文:Fei Meng English: Fei Meng

生日:01-01 Birthday: 01-01

星座: Constellation: 双子座 (Gemini)

生肖: Zodiac: 卯兔 (Rabbit)

现住地: Current residence: 台湾 (Taiwan)

籍贯: Birthplace: 台湾 (Taiwan)

民族: National: 汉族 (Han)

身高:174厘米 Height: 174 cm

体重:75公斤 Weight: 75 kg

年龄段: Age: 中年(36-59)

地区: Region: 大陆 (Mainland)

国籍: Nationality: 中国 (China)

语言:普通话,粤语 Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese

特长:表演 Features: Performance

职业:影视演员 Occupation: Film actor

--------------------------------------------------------

白云飞(孟飞饰)

姓 名:孟飞

拼 音:mengfei

英 文:Fei Meng

生 日:1951-01-01

星 座: 双子座

生 肖: 卯兔

现住地: 台湾

籍 贯: 台湾

民 族: 汉族

身 高:174厘米

年龄段: 中年(36-59)

地 区: 港台

国 籍: 中国

语 言:普通话,粤语

特 长:表演

职 业:影视演员

Name: Fei Meng

Pinyin: mengfei

English: Fei Meng

Date of Birth :1951-01-01

Constellation: Gemini

Zodiac: d rabbit

Current Residence: Taiwan

Place of origin: Taiwan

Nationality: Han

Height: 174 cm

Region: Hong Kong and Taiwan

Nationality: China

Language: Mandarin, Cantonese

Special length: Performance

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jiouzou.cn/ons.asp?tag=%C3%CF%B7%C9%D7%CA%C1%CF

blog.sina.com.cn/mengfei2008 - 21小時前

演员孟飞个人资料 中文名: 孟飞 英文名: Fei Meng 角 色:演员 演员作品 Juan xing quan fa yu fa (1980) 少林五祖 Masters of Death (1974) 广东小老虎 The Young Tiger (19. 谁知道功夫之星孟飞的个人资料,最新动态? K-star: 孟飞 --首体院武术形象大使 籍贯: 河北 星座: 处女座 血型: A 身高: 173cm 体重: 68kg. 孟飞 籍贯: 河北 星座:处女座 血型: A 身高: 174cm 体重: 68kg 生日: 9月4日.

Actor Fei Meng profile Chinese name: Mengfei Ying Wen Name: Fei Meng Role: Actor actor works Juan xing quan fa yu fa (1980) Shaolin Masters of Death (1974) Guangdong tiger The Young Tiger (19. Who knows Kung Fu Star Fei Meng personal information, latest developments? K-star: Fei Meng - the first ambassador for the institute martial Birthplace: Hebei Constellation: Virgo Blood type: A Height: 173cm Weight: 68kg. Fei Meng Birthplace: Hebei Constellation: Virgo Blood type: A Height: 174cm Weight: 68kg Birthday: September 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we finally found some detailed biographical info on Mr. Meng Fei...

However, there seems to be contradictions as to his Chinese name, birthdate, birthplace, & weight [68 kg/150 lbs or 75 kg/165 lbs]...

His Chinese name was either Mengfei Ying Wen or Yang Andong...

He was either born in Hebei Province, China; Shandong Province, China; or Taiwan...

The year seems to be set at 1951 [i did find a web page clip which listed 1952]...

Until something else surfaces, Meng Fei[aka Mengfei Ying Wen; aka Yang Andong] was born on either 4th Sep 1951 or 1st Jan 1951 in Hebei or Shandong Province, China or Taiwan...

Can Mr. Meng Fei makes things any easier for his fans...!?

The only thing sources agree upon is Meng Fei's height at 174 cm (5' 7")...Wait, there was the one listing in the above URL that listed 173 cm (5' 6 1/2")...LOL!

Alexandra
Some of these more recent Meng Fei photographs I uploaded off of Google China & Google HK...

Mr. Fei seems very close to his son as there are lots of photos of them together...

Enjoy...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :tongue:

Fantastic photos, Fei Fei and family... all are sensational. You can post them in the Social Group! :bigsmile:

Thank you for take your time in translating some biographies wrote in japanese or chinese, is very useful for us. Despite the differences of data between the sources, is a remarkable step in the quest: "Discovering the misterious life of Fei Fei".

Alexandra

slazenger_7

So Alexandra...Now that you've found out that Mr. Meng Fei is a Virgo born in the Year of the Rabbit, what do you think his compatibility would be with you...?

If I'm not mistaken, you are an Aries born in the Year of the Dragon...You'd probably eat him up...!

JUST KIDDING. I had to lighten up some of my input in this thread from being a little too academic (and maybe boring) ! LOL.

Alexandra
So Alexandra...Now that you've found out that Mr. Meng Fei is a Virgo born in the Year of the Rabbit, what do you think his compatibility would be with you...?

If I'm not mistaken, you are an Aries born in the Year of the Dragon...You'd probably eat him up...!

JUST KIDDING. I had to lighten up some of my input in this thread from being a little too academic (and maybe boring) ! LOL.

My dear Slazenger! You are an expert in zodiac (here we say: "horoscopo")! Yes I am Aries, Dragon of wood, and THANK GOD is compatible with virgo and rabbit! :tongue:

I love Nicholas Tse (the new wave of male actors and talents) and he is Virgo and Monkey. I don't know if this combination is good... but I LOVE HIM. :tongue:

I knew here some colleagues of Virgo (males) and I got along very well with them. :angel: It is hard to run behind a crazy Dragon-Aries woman (plus latin blood...)

I know... hahhah!

I love Fei Fei, love Nicholas and in fact, all the good persons, whatever the zodiac could say. :smile:

Is not problem at all to talk about things that seems not "academic", here is a space of freedom, self expression, and relax too.

Alexandra

slazenger_7
Slazenger_7

Man very interesting indeed.

I too think Meng Fie is very underrated.

Are you implying that Mr. Fie learned martial arts from the line of masters you spoke of?

Or do you know if Meng Fie has a martial background and if so what is it?

GD Y-Y

I Think I found the confusion in the identification of Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San] as one of the Ten Tigers of Canton[Guangdong]. Below is an article excerpt that might explain it :

http://www.bath-taichi.co.uk/Bath_Tai_Chi/Lineage.html

After the competition Ku Yu Chang was appointed as one of 'the Five Tigers of the North who went South', he, with the other four masters, were to open National Martial Art Schools and teach Chinese Martial Arts to the masses. One of the main objectives of Nationalist government during the 1920s was to unify China. It developed the motto: "A Strong Mind and a Strong Body builds a Strong Country". Part of their plan was to use martial arts to strengthen the populace. This resulted in the creation of Kou Shu. For more information on this historical development see the article 'Disappearing weapons in Chinese Martial Arts' by Sifu Damon Smith on the Yongquan site.

If you're interested then much more extensive information on Ku Yu Chang is available here from the Kung Fu Online discussion forums.

At the Republican capital in Nanjing Ku Yu Chang had the opportunity to expand his knowledge and skill from other kung fu teachers, including studying Hsing-I, Pa Kua and Tai Chi Chuan with Sun Lu Tang. He also had important exchanges with Tam Sam, one of the five Southern Tigers of the Choy Lee Fut style. They reportedly had a bout of which no one is certain of the victor. Since then Choy Lee Fut sets of Tam Sam's lineage incorporated Northern Shaolin sets into their curriculum and vice versa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the alleged paternal grandfather of Meng Fei, Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San], was one of the 5 Southern Tigers of the Tsai Li Fu[Choy Lee Fut] Kung Fu style...Not the 5th Cantonese Tiger. Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San] had two wives and more than the one son Tam Fei Pang. It is possible that Tam Fei Pang was the uncle[mentioned in Meng Fei's Wikipedia bio] and also adoptive father of Meng Fei who trained him in Shanghai. Sifu Tam Fei Pang later moved to Kowloon, HK and established a martial arts following. He could have taken Meng Fei along with him.

Most listings of Meng Fei's filmography list his screen debut in the starring, title role of The King Boxer (released on 1st Jan 1971). It may be speculative, but how did Mr. Fei immediately get such an important break in HK martial arts movies in his very first film? He was barely 19 years old! It may be because of Meng Fei's alleged family lineage with Sifu Tam Fei Pang and Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San]...Unlike the late Fu Sheng, who had enrolled in the Shaw Brothers southern drama school in 1971 and didn't get a starring role until 3 years later with the 27th Sep 1974 release of Na Cha The Great; only because Fu Sheng caught the eye of the legendary Shaw Bros. film director Chang Cheh.

So the alleged paternal grandfather of Meng Fei, Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San], was one of the 5 Southern Tigers of the Tsai Li Fu[Choy Lee Fut] Kung Fu style...Not the 5th Cantonese Tiger. Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San] had two wives and more than the one son Tam Fei Pang. It is possible that Tam Fei Pang was the paternal uncle[mentioned in the Wikipedia bio] and also adoptive father of Meng Fei who trained him in Shanghai. Sifu Tam Fei Pang later moved to Kowloon, HK and established a martial arts following. He could have taken Meng Fei along with him.

Most of Meng Fei's filmography has him starring in the title role of TKB--released on 1st Jan 1971. It may be speculative, but how did Mr. Fei immediately get such an important break in HK martial arts movies in his very first film? He was barely 19 years old! It may be because of Meng Fei's alleged family lineage with Sifu Tam Fei Pang and Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San]...Unlike the late Fu Sheng, who had enrolled in the Shaw Brothers southern drama school in 1971 and didn't get a starring role until 3 years later with the 27th Sep 1974 release of Na Cha The Great; only because Fu Sheng caught the eye of the legendary Shaw Bros. film director Chang Cheh.

Ah my friend nothing stop you!!! You have tons of info for share, and meticulous way of writing and researching, and I find it very impressive. Thank you. And yes, Fei Fei belongs to the lineage of Five Southern TIgers of Choy Li Fat.

I only disagree with you at this point: Alexander Fu Sheng was launched to stardom - slighltly - since the release of Police Force (13 June 1973), as coprotagonist, and he won by his character in this movie in the 20th Asian Film Festival the Award "Best Young Newcomer". The real stardom (explosive) came with the release of Heroes Two (19 January 1974) as protagonist, and he caught the attention of Shaw Brothers for his talent, his charisma, charming and of course, as a young handsome heartbreaker newcomer.

Alexandra

slazenger_7
I only disagree with you at this point: Alexander Fu Sheng was launched to stardom - slighltly - since the release of Police Force (13 June 1973), as coprotagonist, and he won by his character in this movie in the 20th Asian Film Festival the Award "Best Young Newcomer". The real stardom (explosive) came with the release of Heroes Two (19 January 1974) as protagonist, and he caught the attention of Shaw Brothers for his talent, his charisma, charming and of course, as a young handsome heartbreaker newcomer.

Alexandra

You're absolutely right. I totally forgot about his second lead role to Wong Chung in the '73 release Police Force...That role was Fu Sheng's launching pad to stardom. What I had meant to convey was Fu Sheng's starring role by himself and not as a co-star; he had no less than FOUR earlier 1974 film releases that catapulted his career before he starred in a Shaw Bros. picture by himself in Na Cha The Great. Back then, the late Fu Sheng's popularity was mainly throughout East Asia; he did not get mainstream[English dubbed] US-Canada exposure until the 1978 release of the The Chinatown Kid[a '77 release in HK & Taiwan]. Meng Fei, on the other hand, had mainstream[English dubbed] US-Canada exposure with the late '73 release of Hands Of Death or TKB[released on New Year Day '71 in HK] & the '74 release of TPB[released 2 years earlier in HK & Taiwan]. TKB was reissued in USA-Canada as a summer of '74 double-feature along with new release TPB; that was when I first viewed them both. When I first saw FSM toward the end of '75[i believe it was], Meng Fei first came to my attention. Believe it or not, way back then, I had no idea he was the same actor that was the hero of TKB & TPB! I didn't recognize him, he looked totally different to me in FSM back then. As I had stated in an earlier post, outside of Bruce Lee, I didn't pay attention to the names of the hordes of martial arts stars until the summer of '77 onward; up until then, I only recognized their faces (with the exception of Mr. Meng Fei whom I did not recognize when I first viewed FSM).

When I first saw FSM, this was in Chinatown L.A. at Kim Sing theatre which showcased Shaw Bros. films in Mandarin-Cantonese[with English subtitles], exclusively targeting Chinese & East Asian audiences. The 3 main CT L.A. theatres of Kim Sing, Sing Lee, and Royal Pagoda by no means targeted mainstream US audiences. I think our family were the only non-Orientals that frequented these 3 theatres, believe it or not. I recall that we may have on the rarest of occasions seen any mainstream American audience members patron any of those theatres in CT L.A., when we frequented them from '75-'80! As a result of this, we became pretty well known to the theatre manager of Kim Sing back then.

My sister was a huge Fu Sheng fan way back when. He was her favourite right after Bruce Lee. She preferred Fu Sheng to all the other Shaw Bros. ensemble : David Chiang; Ti Lung; Chen Kuan Tai; Chi Kuan Chun; Tang Yan Tsan; etc. Chen Kuan Tai was my Dad's favourite right after Bruce Lee...After Bruce, mine was Meng Fei. I think the late, great Bruce Lee was everybody's sentimental favourite...As he was not only the first true worldwide martial arts superstar, but a modern Daoist philosopher & a pioneering founder of an entire new martial arts system : Jeet Kune Do. I believe the martial arts movies craze hit USA-Canada like a meteor in March 1973 with back-to-back releases of Five Fingers Of Death(1972), starring Lo Lieh & Bruce Lee's The Big Boss(1971); these two flicks set off an avalanche of martial arts films that were released in USA-Canada. To quote the Little Dragon--"Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory..." There is NO WAY anyone can tell me screenwriter Michael Allin wrote that into ETD's script. That was pure Bruce Lee philosophy...

Here was a top 10 list of my favourite martial arts movie heroes of all time from back in the day[i.e. late 1970's disco days]--from a jr. high schooler's perspective :

1-Bruce Lee

2-Meng Fei

3-Chen Kuan Tai

4-Chi Kuan Chun

5-Ti Lung

6-David Chiang

7-Alexander Fu Sheng

8-Jimmy Wang Yu

9-Shoji[Yasuaki] Kurata

10-Tang Yan Tsan

It might be superstitious, but Fu Sheng bought the late Bruce Lee's house, then died almost exactly 10 years later himself...There are a lot of people who firmly believe in the curse upon the Little Dragon. His son Brandon died by a freak accident, also...As superstitious as it sounds, I wonder if Fu Sheng had NOT bought Bruce Lee's house, he might still be alive...?

post-4613-144191887525_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887525_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887527_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887528_thumb.jpg

slazenger_7
And yes, Fei Fei belongs to the lineage of Five Southern TIgers of Choy Li Fat.

Alexandra

Sifu Tam Sam[Tan San] was one of the 'Five Tigers of the North Who Went South'; for this reason, he was called 'The Legendary Fist of the North'. Later, after establishing himself in Canton[Guangdong], he came to be called one of the 5 Southern Tigers of Tsai Li Fu[Choy Lee Fut]. When he became a Sifu in his own right, Tam Sam's martial arts heir & son--Tam Fei Pang--settled in Shanghai and established his own kwoon; he later moved to Kowloon, HK and gathered a following there. Sifu Tam Fei Pang seems to be the only one of Grand Master Tam Sam's sons to have followed in his father's footsteps in pursuing martial arts as a way of life. I wonder if Meng Fei was somehow disbarred by his alleged adoptive father & uncle (Sifu Tam Fei Pang) for pursuing a martial arts screen career. It has been documented that the Tsai Li Fu[Choy Lee Fut] lineage of Sifu Tam Fei Pang was very traditional and would probably not have tolerated any type of commercialization (such as movies) of their Kung Fu system? Just a thought...

It might be superstitious, but Fu Sheng bought the late Bruce Lee's house, then died almost exactly 10 years later himself...There are a lot of people who firmly believe in the curse upon the Little Dragon. His son Brandon died by a freak accident, also...As superstitious as it sounds, I wonder if Fu Sheng had NOT bought Bruce Lee's house, he might still be alive...?

It not true that Alexander bought the Bruce's house, is a rumour, a fluff of some magazines or yellow pages. I have some pictures but not... The neighbourgh, could be the same, of course one of the most expensives in Kowloon area, but I noticed in Alexander's house some details of the balcony, the main entrance, the door, other details... it is a simple two floors house, in a peaceful place, not in the middle of the "jet set" noise. There is not fiable proof that was Bruce's house. For me, is a coincidence that the two died the same month. Alexander was close to die in several opportunities, only God knows the paths of destiny of each human being in this world. Sceptic? Maybe.

Alexandra

slazenger_7
only God knows the paths of destiny of each human being in this world.

Alexandra

Amin(Amen).

Have you checked out this site already?

http://www.jenapang.com/pages/page%207.html

I'll take your word for it but there are quite a lot of internet references to Fu Sheng buying Bruce Lee's house and having lived in it, though...

Alexander Fu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fu Sheng bought and lived in the late Bruce Lee's house in Kowloon. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Fu - Cached - SimilarSheng Fu

Bought and lived in the late Bruce Lee's house in Kowloon, Hong Kong. ... Jue dai shuang jiao (1979) (as Alexander Fu Sheng) .... Chiang Hsiao Yu ...

www.imdb.com/name/nm0297143/ - Cached - SimilarStateMaster - Encyclopedia: Alexander Fu Sheng

Fu Sheng bought and lived in the late Bruce Lee's house in Kowloon. On July 7, 1983, ... Alexander Fu Sheng - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (567 words) ...

www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Alexander-Fu-Sheng - CachedActors - Alexander Fu Sheng

Alexander Fu Sheng (December 20, 1954-July 7, 1983) was a major Hong Kong martial ... Fu Sheng bought and lived in the late Bruce Lee. 's house in Kowloon. ...

listing-index.ebay.com › Listing Index › Actors - Cached - Similar

www.jenapang.com/pages/page%207.html - CachedWuxiasociety.org :: View topic - Alexander Fu Sheng

15 posts - 9 authors - Last post: Aug 20, 2007

Alexander was born Cheung Fu Sheng in December 20, 1954 in Hong Kong ... Fu Sheng bought and lived in the late Bruce Lee's house in Kowloon. ...

www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57 - CachedGet more discussion results

Fu Sheng-3

Alexander Fu-Sheng was born Chang Fu-Sheng (which translates to "Voice of .... as Bruce Lee , he still held ties to Lee, as he moved into Lee's house after ...

www.beijingvideo.com/h1a.html - Cached - SimilarAlexander Fu Sheng

People say he inherited the same bad luck as the late Bruce Lee. Fu Sheng bought the house that Lee owned at the time of his death. It was said this house ...

webspace.webring.com/people/fu/um_2594/FuSheng.html - CachedAlexander Fu Sheng

Alexander Fu Sheng (traditional Chinese: 傅聲; simplified Chinese: 傅声; ... Fu Sheng bought and lived in the late Bruce Lee's house in Kowloon. ...

www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Alexander_Fu_Sheng - CachedThe Video Vixen - The Best Cult Movie Reviews - Kung Fu Classics

Fu Sheng is excellent, and it is sad that such a talented guy died so young. (Alexander Fu Sheng, who had bought the late Bruce Lee's house, ...

thevideovixen.com/kung_fu_classics - Cached - Similar

Amin(Amen).

Have you checked out this site already?

http://www.jenapang.com/pages/page%207.html

Thank you for the research, I had already read all of these information. And I know very well the site of Jena Pang, he, as nephew, he know very bad some facts about his uncle life, seems incredible thinking in "family ties". He was a kid when Alexander passed away, he repeat some passages of websites without any checking. Internet databases sometimes are very dangerous because repeat some mistakes or fluff of the journals, or simply sensational news without any real evidence. I will ask to a friend whom is a expert in Bruce's life, but in my opinion all of these passages you posted here, are repetitions of rumours, I only need a text in chinese, serious, not a journal or a internet database, where I can translate (not me, something whom can read very well the chinese) "AFS bought the Lee' s house in the year ----, in the Kowloon Tong neighgourh, lived on it from------to-------", etc.

Anyway thank you for your effort.

Alexandra

I would like to back to Meng Fei discussion about his life and career, because exist a thread devoted to AFS in the Forum, and a impressive Social Group devoted to Bruce Lee already where all of us can post messages with interesting info.

So, I ask: Fei Fei played an evil character in his movies or he was the good and nice boy always?

Thanks!

Alexandra

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Alexandra,

Is that Fu Sheng's photo on your icon?

Why not Meng Fie?

I never saw him play a baddie villain in any film I saw of his.

GD Y-Y :smile:

slazenger_7
I

So, I ask: Fei Fei played an evil character in his movies or he was the good and nice boy always?

Thanks!

Alexandra

I was positive that I had seen Meng Fei playing a black-patch-over-one-eye villain as a guest appearance in a sword-fighting film but as I only saw that movie once at Kim Sing theatre over 30 years ago...I am not so sure anymore. I haven't been able to track it down in any of Mr. Fei's filmographies...I guess I was mistaken.

Besides, with that babyface, I don't think any film producer or director would ever cast him as a villain. Although, I have seen Meng Fei in an extremely rare appearance with a light moustache & thin beard in one of his flicks posted on YouTube.

I think Mr. Fei was a much better actor than he was EVER given credit for...If one watches him carefully in some of his films, his range of expressions are surprisingly more versatile and completely in character than anything I had ever seen of either Ti Lung, Chi Kuan Chun, or even Fu Sheng. Despite what anyone may say, Fei was a better actor than anyone of them. He just didn't get the opportunity to showcase the full depth of his talent. But if one watches his various films very carefully, this will become apparent...

Alexandra,

Is that Fu Sheng's photo on your icon?

Why not Meng Fie?

I never saw him play a baddie villain in any film I saw of his.

GD Y-Y :smile:

Hi

In my icon is Alexander. Is him because is my only real love, the man I love, If I could live in his time in a "imaginary time machine and go back forward", I will love him ´till my day of end. I admire him as person, hansome man, talented actor, good friend, companion, charismatic one, charming, the "Biggest Star in Shaw Brother Sky". Then I admire a lot, in second place, as talented actor, charming and handsome man, Fei Fei, that was enough for me for open a thread devoted to him.

Alexandra

You're absolutely right.

No my friend I was wrong, I confuss the title of the movie, Alexander won the award for Friends (1974), not for Police Force (1973) Sorry, but is the second time I confuss both movies, is a "karma". :neutral:

Alexandra

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Alexandra,

Please forgive me.

I am ignorant and did not know your true meaning.

I am happy for you in your love for the 1 & ONLY Alexander Fu Sheng.

I understand now.

Enjoy your love,

And I too luv all the great kung fu movie stars!

Blessings and good cheer,

GD Y-Y

slazenger_7
No my friend I was wrong, I confuss the title of the movie, Alexander won the award for Friends (1974), not for Police Force (1973) Sorry, but is the second time I confuss both movies, is a "karma". :neutral:

Alexandra

I had meant that you were absolutely right about Fu Sheng getting his break in an important screen role which helped pave the way toward stardom : Police Story('73). I wasn't referring to the award he had received. I honestly had no idea that Fu Sheng had won an award in '74. That year 1974 was Fu Sheng's year. Mr. Chang Cheh started to take greater interest in Fu Sheng's career than he did of even David Chiang, Ti Lung, Chen Kuan Tai, or Chi Kuan Chun.

As for Meng Fei, he only did the one film with Chang Cheh or Shaw Bros. : Five Shaolin Masters(1974). I vaguely recall reading in some magazine article some 30 years ago that Chen Kuan Tai was originally slated to be one of the leads of FSM but was already tied up in other Shaw Bros. & Chang Cheh projects. And Meng Fei was an outside replacement. Had Chang Cheh taken an interest in Meng Fei, like he did in Fu Sheng, Mr. Fei would have gone on to become one of Shaw Bros.' BIGGEST stars. There is little doubt as to that. I recollect my Dad having the same thoughts on that years back. I also recollect from conversations in the past that Meng Fei was a free spirit and really disliked the regimented system Shaw Bros. had for their contract players. That could have been another reason why he and Chang Cheh didn't click. If one closely watches the climactic fight scene between Fei and Leung Kar Yan in FSM, it is very odd that the camera favours the BAD GUY with more close-ups than that of the star : MENG FEI. As it was, Mr. Fei had the LEAST screen time than anyone of his other four co-stars in FSM. That was undoubtedly Mr. Chang Cheh's doing as he was the film's director.

slazenger_7

Despite the differences of data between the sources, is a remarkable step in the quest: "Discovering the misterious life of Fei Fei".

Alexandra

Well Alexandra, I found out that the Meng Fei profile which had listed him at 68 kg/blood type A/born in Hebei on 09-04/etc., was another (much younger) martial artist of the same name; and NOT our Meng Fei...Plus, I also found another profile source which CONFIRMS the birthdate of 1951-01-01 or 1st JANUARY 1951 for our Meng Fei.

This makes Meng Fei born in the Year of the Tiger, instead...And NO Rabbit. LOL!

Feb 17, 1950 – Feb 05, 1951 Yang Metal 庚 寅 Tiger

Someone in this thread, I can't remember who, mentioned that Mr. Fei had a smile that reminded them of The King, Elvis...

Here are all the URL's which concur Meng Fei's birthday of 1st January :

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=322659674

http://vipstar.com.cn/main/modules/print.php?u_id=6385

http://star.yule.com.cn/mengfei/dangan.html

http://www.tvmao.com/profile/MengFei-18487/

http://www.68star.com/stars/mengfei/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The URL for the "other" Meng Fei's profile [68 kg/born 09-04/etc.] is below for comparison :

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5a40477d0100amo3.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some more Meng Fei photos :

post-4613-14419188753_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887533_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887536_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887539_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887541_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887543_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887545_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887547_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887549_thumb.jpg

post-4613-14419188755_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887552_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887554_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887555_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887556_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887557_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887559_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887563_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887565_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887566_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887568_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887569_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887572_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887574_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887575_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887577_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887578_thumb.jpg

post-4613-14419188758_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887582_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887583_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887585_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887586_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887588_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887589_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887591_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887593_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887595_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887596_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887598_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887599_thumb.jpg

post-4613-1441918876_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887602_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887603_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887605_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887606_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887607_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887609_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887611_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887613_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887615_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887617_thumb.jpg

post-4613-14419188762_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887622_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887624_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887626_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887629_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887631_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887632_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887634_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887636_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887638_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887641_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887643_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887644_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887647_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887649_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887651_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191887653_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888051_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888054_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888057_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888059_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888061_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888063_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888065_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888068_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888071_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888073_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888076_thumb.jpg

post-4613-144191888078_thumb.jpg

post-4613-14419188808_thumb.jpg

MarsHarmony

Year of the Tiger makes sense! They seem to always call him Tiger in several movies! especially The Young Tiger (1973).

Besides, with that babyface, I don't think any film producer or director would ever cast him as a villain. Although, I have seen Meng Fei in an extremely rare appearance with a light moustache & thin beard in one of his flicks posted on YouTube.

Agree with you 50% in all your message, but: the "babyface" must not be condition for give always to an actor the same character --that is to say -- the good and nice boy. As you remark, Fei Fei was an actor with a wide range of expressions and versatile, so I guess he could make a villain very well. Sometimes, the "babyface" in evil or villain roles, could be most frightful that others with "normal" face features. But in that case, the directors observed the fantastic Fei Fei face, good looking, handsome man, symphatic one, charismatic and charming smile, and of course gave to him characters of heartbreaker or good boy. Is quite normal.

Alexandra