Meng Fei

Alexandra

Thank you very much for the article Alexandra. I really think that Meng fei should not be so secretive. It is not just him though. If you look at the guys who were in the kung fu movies with him, you can't find anything on them either, like Don Wang Tao, Delon Tam or Tan Tao Liang, or John Lui or Tommy Lee or those guys.

I do know that Ti Ling has a home in Vancouver Canada, David Chiang as well. David Chiang got married to Lee Lam Lam who starred in several movies with our boy Meng Fei. She even gave birth to one of their children later in life.. He is much younger than his siblings.

I also know that David Chiang and Ti Lung are best buddies.

Meng Fie developed a friendship with Tan Tao Liang because they too starred in quite a few movies together.

Mengfan, there is a very interesting thread in the Shaw Bros. section entitled, "Ti Lung/ David Chiang hate?" You can find it with the search forum tool, using that title.

It is a fun read, with some great articles and opinions.

Thanks for your posts here in the Meng Fei thread.

:yociexp67:

Hello there MarsHarmony,

Thank you so much for info to the forum. I read all about David Chiang and Ti Lung. Too bad too old friends became so disconnected. What a shame. Boy am I ever glad I stumbled upon this forum. I thought I was the only Meng Fei fan out there for a while. Glad to meet all of you.

I wish I was able to read chines so that I could check out the chinese news on him.

I don't know if you all noticed but Fei was almost always better looking than even his female costars. The man still looks really good for his age. Did someone say he is 60??!!!. I guess they mean 60 minus 16, ha ha h. Seriously, the man looks fine.:angel:

You are correct, Fei still looks like he always has, full of life and enjoying it. That and his kung fu skills keep him as vital as ever. I love the films of his that I do have. I hate buying the horrible versions, full screen and ugly prints, blechh....

You did see the list of his films that are in good shape here in the thread? If you know or find any others, please post them!

When a man born handsome, die handsome. That is the rule for Meng Fei. I will adore him until he gets his 100 birthday party.

Alexandra

Yes Alexandra, Meng Fei was, and still is handsome. I have a few good quality films with our boy Fei. I subscribe to Tai Seng Video for my martial arts movies. I don't know if you all know about T S.V.

Anyway, the one movie that I can't get my paws on is Enter The Whirlwind Boxer. I would give my years paycheck to get that one. You guys got a clue or something?

That was the movie I watched on Meng When I visited the Caribbean. It was at the cinema. Up to this day, you can still go and see the old school kung fu at the Caribbean cinemas.

I fell in love with him in that movie, that is why it is so special to me. I went out and got all I could see on Fei after that movie

Help me where I can find that one if you can guys

I wonder if his birth name is Meng fei. I read his mother is italian and his father is chinese, so do you guys think that maybe his mother gave him a non chinese name and Meng fei could be his stage name?

I wonder if his birth name is Meng fei. I read his mother is italian and his father is chinese, so do you guys think that maybe his mother gave him a non chinese name and Meng fei could be his stage name?

Yes is true, mother italian and father chinese but as far I know Meng Fei is his real name.

Alexandra

Ok, thanks Alexandra. I had such a huge crush on Meng fei especially when I saw him in king boxer(1971). I thought he was adorable and I was so heartbroken when his character was killed. He is still very much so handsome today and too bad he's married.

The Boxers Adventure (1979) starring Meng Fei, Dorian Tan Tao-Liang, Lung Tien Hsiang, Jack Lung Sai Ga and Blacky Ko Sau Leung who also did the action choreography.

Tons of great action, lots of comedy and bittersweet as well.

post-1078-144191886991_thumb.jpg

Hey!

I create an album, for all of you, with some slightly dedication to women whom loves Meng Fei :tongue:

No, is a joke, is for all the people here.

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=2206

Who can survive to this smile? Tell me!!!

Alexandra

MarsHarmony

Here are some scans from falkor from his Cinemart collection!

post-1078-144191886996_thumb.jpg

post-1078-144191886999_thumb.jpg

I think these top two are from Unique Lama (1978)

with Yueh Hua and Betty Pei TI

post-1078-144191887002_thumb.jpg

post-1078-144191887004_thumb.jpg

The bottom two are about Prodigal Boxer 2 aka Enter the Whirlwind Boxer aka Young Hero of Shaolin (1975) with Doris Lung Chun Erh