Meng Fei

Alexandra

Hey, I wonder is Alexandra is still around. I saw a cool Meng Fei movie recently - Bruce Tuan's 7 Promises.

Cool movie, I like the Taiwan  Wuxia he has done. He does them well & is a real good actor with good screen presence.

Secret Executioner
On 5/31/2015 at 11:40 PM, Alexandra said:

25 May

Happy Birthday Meng Fei!!!

:khi8j::khi8j::khi8j:

Two days late, but still... Happy birthday Meng Fei. :party

• Like 4

ShaolinMapache

The Prodigal Boxer, The Guy With Secret Kung Fu, Secret of the Shaolin Poles. 
This guy is great. Love his movies. 

• Like 2

I spent more than one hour browsing this thread (and I didn't read all the posts !!) looking for a picture that had been posted in the past, showing Meng Fei with a patch on his eye a looking like a pirate, and the poster was asking from which movie it came...

I think that I found the answer. It might be from a Taiwanese series called Legend of the bannered heroes.

I bought a copy and should receive it soon.

I'll confirm if it's really from this series that came this picture...I wish it is !!

You can see a clip of this series here (second post, ninth clip) :

https://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/thread/954/brief-history-taiwanese-wuxia-drama?page=4

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 1:10 AM, ShawAngela said:

I spent more than one hour browsing this thread (and I didn't read all the posts !!) looking for a picture that had been posted in the past, showing Meng Fei with a patch on his eye a looking like a pirate, and the poster was asking from which movie it came...

I think that I found the answer. It might be from a Taiwanese series called Legend of the bannered heroes.

I bought a copy and should receive it soon.

I'll confirm if it's really from this series that came this picture...I wish it is !!

You can see a clip of this series here (second post, ninth clip) :

https://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/thread/954/brief-history-taiwanese-wuxia-drama?page=4

Ok, I received the series a little while ago and began to watch the first episode this evening.

I can confirm that it's the series with Meng Fei wearing a patch on his left eye and I wonder if he plays a double role, because he can be seen also without the patch...

Unfortunately, it's in Vietnamese language, and I can't understand word, or a very little amount of words thanks to the Chinese subtitles...

There are some actors who I need a confirmation to identify them. I'll post in the questions section.

Here are a few screenshots ; the picture quality isn't very good...

The first one is Meng Fei (on the left of the picture) in action

vlcsnap-2020-12-29-21h19m12s061.png

vlcsnap-2020-12-29-21h00m17s296.png

• Like 3

On 5/31/2015 at 2:40 PM, Alexandra said:

25 May

Happy Birthday Meng Fei!!!

:khi8j::khi8j::khi8j:

Turned 72 today. Happy Birthday to Meng Fei.

349070504_6123610084373767_4912186952786954376_n.jpg

• Like 4

I just realized that Meng Fei played in ONLY ONE movie at the Shaws, the movie being Five Shaolin Masters !!

I wonder how come Chang Cheh or any other directors didn't use him in other movies !

And it looks like the very few tv series he played in weren't TVB series (nor ATV).

I wonder if he had an argument with the Shaws and if he was banned from the whole company...

Some other actors/actresses played in a very few movies at the Shaws such as Liza Wang or Adam Cheng, but at least, they played in a handful of TVB series, so, they were still in the company, while Meng Fei disappeared from it after Five Shaolin Masters (and I have always feel that he was underused in this movie).

Does anyone know anything about his story with the Shaws ?

• Like 1