Meng Fei

Alexandra

OpiumKungFuCracker

40 pages, I can't go through all of them but I'm lookin to dive into Meng Fei's filmography preferably something like Prodigal boxer, suggestion folks?

masterofoneinchpunch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pht9btEmA0

The Prodigal Boxer (1972), starring Meng Fei, Pai Hong, Maggie Lee Lam Lam, Wong Ching and Yasuaki Kurata. Directed by Choi Yeung Ming.

In Reviews you can find "Prodigal Boxer"

The youtube link is not particularly a good copy. You can find a better copy (and I believe slightly longer) in the inexpensive WB R1 set 4 Film Favorites: Martial Arts (Militant Eagle, Prodigal Boxer, Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion, Bloody Fist) which is widescreen, looks a lot better but unfortunately only English dubbed.

It is by no means a good film though. Yasuaki Kurata is by far the best athlete in the film.

Morgoth Bauglir

If you want to see the best of Meng Fei check out Boxer's Adventure, Shaolin Kingboxer, Green Jade Statuette, Five Shaolin Masters and The Unbeaten 28.

The youtube link is not particularly a good copy. You can find a better copy (and I believe slightly longer) in the inexpensive WB R1 set 4 Film Favorites: Martial Arts (Militant Eagle, Prodigal Boxer, Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion, Bloody Fist) which is widescreen, looks a lot better but unfortunately only English dubbed.

It is by no means a good film though. Yasuaki Kurata is by far the best athlete in the film.

Thanks for the info, I can read english subs very well, my friends doesn't, and here is very expensive the purchase, anyway, some day...

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
If you want to see the best of Meng Fei check out Boxer's Adventure, Shaolin Kingboxer, Green Jade Statuette, Five Shaolin Masters and The Unbeaten 28.

All these are very solid.

I especially like him in Green Jade Statuette w/ Tommy Lee.

radA45FFgreen5Fjade5Fcopy.jpg

you_must_be_tired_p1-3.jpg

I believe this still is from GJS.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYEVyfS_TOHzM2crye-wg1Nv0gXP1z7t3dhIc0uW3t94nnSLJpXQ

GD Y-Y

All these are very solid.

I especially like him in Green Jade Statuette w/ Tommy Lee.

I believe this still is from GJS.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYEVyfS_TOHzM2crye-wg1Nv0gXP1z7t3dhIc0uW3t94nnSLJpXQ

GD Y-Y

promotional poster

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=7339

:smile:

I would like to thank all of you, for those years since 2009 that I joined KFCF,

me, with this awful english, a woman from Argentina, who loved martial arts and asiatic movie stars since the eighties, without chance to get all the stuff you can get in stores, because we are out of commercial routes, me, with a special desire to communicate my affection to Meng Fei, or Alexander Fu Sheng, and other asiatic movie stars, dreaming alone but sharing in those hundred pages, my feelings, expectations, emotions.. I have now 80 friends in my profile. The Meng Fei ex wife herself, Miss Oropesa, joined the forum and wrote to me in private several times, a very charm woman, and this is one of my best memories here.

I feel that my job is done, I mean, to share all about Meng Fei (and in other thread about Fu Sheng) as far I can (remember I have not too much stuff like posters, movies, etc). It was a kind of hommage. Six years ago, only a thread, now with a social group, hundreds reading, people watching and appreciate my effort...is wonderful, I feel plenty of joy. All KFCF family is my family.

Thanks, from the end of the world, Argentina.

Ola Alejandra.

A gracious post from you, indeed. And your English is NOT awful...Very sweet.

I don't know if you still remember me, but the only thing left was for Meng Fei to join this thread at some point...But he never did. Ms. Oropesa did I remember. Hopefully, their son Gabriel has yet to enter films and carry on his family's tradition...

Adios...Slazenger.

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=7483

That was in 2015, february. The only info I got from the net. Some homage related with television serie "Proud Twins".

Photo girl dressed as the star of Proud Twins and she is showing Meng Fei photos from the photo shoot that made.

Did he play in the series ¨Proud twins ? If so, for which company and which year ?

I know the TVB serie The proud twins for the 75's with Wong Yuen San and Shek Sau, then the TVB series Two most honourable knights 1988 with Tony Leung and Hugo Ng, but I never heard of a series on the same story with Meng Fei, maybe because it's difficult to find a list of his series on the internet...

Meng Fei is still good looking, by the way. He aged very well, in comparison with other actors such as Ti Lung who is sadly hardly recognizable...

slazenger_7

Most certainly. I had seen a recent interview with Ti Lung on YouTube...Couldn't believe it was him. I was going through Hulu Plus and found all these Shaw Bros. classics dubbed in English in the Popular view section. Celestial Films have released remastered versions of these classics...I just watched "Man Of Iron" in its entirety after 20 years! Chen Kuan Tai was the best! Or second best to Bruce Lee...! Sadly, he too hasn't aged too well though. Not like Meng Fei...David Chiang on the other hand is still going strong...Wonder what Fu Sheng would have looked like had he lived...

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=7492

Thanks to all my friends for the best wishes, you make me happy. Today is sunny in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I am happy!!!

Alexandra

hqdefault.jpg

GD Y-Y

Thank you! Love the image patchwork!!! (I am waiting for a message from Liza Oropesa, could be an honour for me!!!)