Meng Fei

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

Could you please tell me Meng Fei's martial arts background or otherwise?

As far I know, trained in Wing Chun, and special practics with fan for many characters he interpreted.

He was the adopted son of Sifu Tam Fei Pang--son of Choy Li Fut pioneer Tam Sam (this last info thanks to Shapes)

Around 50 credits for acting in movies and tv series, except Five Shaolin Masters for Shaw Brothers, all of them in Taiwan.

Knew as the Babyface of Kung Fu Action Movies in Taiwan he made a succesful career in Taiwan. In the '90 he showed up in tv ads, and tv entertainment. Returned to the screen in The Harbor (2013)

Born 25 May 1951, debuted on screen in 1971.

I asked to the moderators to move this thread to Taiwan but was impossible. My first idea was to make some kind of homage to this actor and I got the honour to be supported by his ex wife Elizabeth Oropesa, but seems to me that all the effort do not means nothing for KFCF.

Thanks

Two questions :

1) For the Chinese titles, are the titles of the movies/series the ones in " ... " ?

2) Is your Born of fire this one :

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=10245&display_set=eng

3) Isn't there a way to get the English or at least the pinyin titles for the Chinese characters titles ?

1) Sí son los títulos de la película y de la serie

2) No puedo abrir ese sitio

3) La lista en inglés la puse abajo del mensaje anterior

Saludos

Thanks a lot.

Too bad that you can't use the hkmdb site...Can you at least use the hkcinemagic site ?

I wanted to know if there are Chen Hsing and Yueh Hua together with Meng Fei in the movie Born of fire.

Alexandra - There is a glitch with HKMDb pages when trying to click on a link. Try clicking on the link ShawAngela provided and then remove the &display_set=eng at the end of the URL, hit refresh and the page should then load properly.

Thanks a lot.

Too bad that you can't use the hkmdb site...Can you at least use the hkcinemagic site ?

remove the &display_set=eng at the end of the URL, hit refresh and the page should then load properly.

Ah! Thanks! I loaded the page, I have not too much information about Born of Fire and never seen it. :cry:

I know this site, is good one.

I know Hong Kong Cinemagic but concerning Meng Fei there are several errors in the data and biography. Errors in the date of birth, workplace and others. I don't use this source for general info for Meng Fei because those mistakes. I ve not found info not in IMdB, not in http://www.meng-fei.com/review/, not in other places... if you can get the chinese title perhaps....

Thanks for reading

I guess the trouble begun with the misunderstanding of the chinese number FOUR. "siu", "si" or "xiao" is "four" and other countries confused this number with five and translated "five fingers .... " but the real is "four fingers".

小拳王 (HK Title)

The King Of Boxers (Int. Title)

Australia (video box title) The King Boxers

Spain (dubbed version) Los cuatro dedos de la furia

France Les cinq doigts de la mort

Hong Kong (English title) King of Boxers

Hong Kong Siu kuen wong -Xiao quan wang

Hong Kong (English title) The King Boxer

Italy Le quattro dita della furia

USA (dubbed version) Hands of Death

West Germany Karato - Fünf tödliche Finger

小拳王 means "Little Champion" but was not translated literally, was "Siu Kuen Wong".

Anyway the international english title must be "The King OF Boxers" avoiding confusion with other movie.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/images/movie/large/kingboxer_f7fbd415f83af96eca12fdf1cb75aaef.jpg

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/images/movie/large/king_ac554beed9d82dac3ceaa469a90461f1.jpg

http://www.thaiworldview.com/tv/jpg2/look091.jpg

this one showing the FOUR fingers for fighting,

King of Boxers (other titles)

หมัดสังหาร (Thai)

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=7147

weird title "piercing fingers"

But is clear the menacing hand showing four fingers.

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=7148

image from the film....clearly the FOUR FINGERS blowing the adversary neck.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4662

Alexandria what movie is this from?

Is Meng fei a villain?

He looks a lot like Sonny Chiba in this pic. LOL!

Did Meng Fei 'EVER' play a villain?

If so what movies?

GD Y-Y

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4662

Alexandria what movie is this from?

Is Meng fei a villain?

He looks a lot like Sonny Chiba in this pic. LOL!

Did Meng Fei 'EVER' play a villain?

If so what movies?

GD Y-Y

It was not a movie I guess was a TV serie, later when I get some time I will try to find the title in english.

He seems to be always the good boy, babyface, hero, wuxia hero, champion, etc. Maybe this one could represent a kind of bad guy, but not sure.

Anyone can help? :khi1a:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
It was not a movie I guess was a TV serie, later when I get some time I will try to find the title in english.

He seems to be always the good boy, babyface, hero, wuxia hero, champion, etc. Maybe this one could represent a kind of bad guy, but not sure.

Anyone can help? :khi1a:

On the ball Alexandra.

Thanks.

GD Y-Y