Meng Fei

Alexandra

Just thought I would check if any one has read or heard any new info, or even a rumour about restoring the bulk of Meng Fei's titles to watchable condition?

:khi3f:

:yociexp44:Hey any Meng Fei fan's out there who understand Mandarin? This is a link to an hour long "interview - game" show with Meng Fei, his wife and two boys. I know it is long, broken into 4 parts, but any translation will be greatly appreciated. I am sure there were some questions put to him about his film career that would be interesting. Do they mention his birthday???? haha.

And, yes, I know I have Fu Sheng on the brain, but I swear I heard the older son mention him. Of course, I could be completely mistaken.

Alexandra and I would love to hear what they were talking about! And if we do get some translations, we will post them here in the Meng Fei thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDxZoMENjE&feature=related

post-1078-144191886282_thumb.jpg

post-1078-144191886284_thumb.jpg

post-1078-144191886285_thumb.jpgMeng Fei in "Five Shaolin Masters"(1974)

:yociexp44:Hey any Meng Fei fan's out there who understand Mandarin? This is a link to an hour long "interview - game" show with Meng Fei, his wife and two boys.

Do they mention his birthday???? haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDxZoMENjE&feature=related

Translation will be appreciated, is a long interview but at least a resume. Oh, the mistery of his birthday is incredible!

Oh I love Meng Fei, he is adorable! (sorry Alexander hhahahah)

Alexandra

heres a Meng Fei upload i did of 方世玉大破梅花樁 The Secret of Shaolin Poles Training scene

L_pjzFaXCGA

Translation will be appreciated, is a long interview but at least a resume. Oh, the mistery of his birthday is incredible!

Oh I love Meng Fei, he is adorable! (sorry Alexander hhahahah)

Alexandra

How about adoring both of them, Alexandra ? :smile:

5SM.jpeg

Thanks jrcma for the great Meng Fei video. You always have the perfect video up your sleeve. Meng Fei is always good. Oh, someday, some more of Meng Fei's films will be restored to wide screen glory!

That photo of Sing, Fei, Lung and David, it is a great moment caught on film. Too bad Chi Kuan Chun was not in it as well, but it is such a fabulous picture none the less. Four Shaolin masters.

:yociexp45:

I wont tell, Alexandra!

How about adoring both of them, Alexandra ? :smile:

5SM.jpeg

Good idea! But Alexander is in the podium... well, Meng Fei is so sympathic, charismatic and with a fabulous smile, I like him a lot but never as Alexander... anyway, I love them both!

Alexandra

I mentioned this in the "Ten Tigers From Kwantung" thread in the Shaw Bros. forum.

I was watching the trailer for "Enter the Whirlwind Boxer" a.k.a. "Prodigal Boxer 2", a.k.a. "Young Hero of Shaolin" (1975). Produced by South Sea Film Co. Hong Kong, it included a title card that said,

"Meng Fei, grandson of Tan San, Cantonese 5th Tiger, and the heir of Tsai-li-fu."

The closest character name from "Ten Tigers From Kwantung" that I can match was Yeung Hung (1) as 'Tieh Chow San'. The Ten Tigers live on. I think it is an amazing tidbit that ties life and cinema together, but it would be an outrageous statement to print on film if it is not true.

:16_003:

You're welcome, MarsHarmony. :smile:

Ups, a mistake on my part. I'll remove that picture.

As for 5SM, indeed. I like the scene, where he plays with some kids in the street. :bigsmile:

It was such a gift seeing this site with all the Meng Fei fans. I do like the guy a lot. I remember watching him in a movie as a teenager and I said, boy is good looking with his curled up Elvis type lips. He had an interesting look which I thought was different from the other asian kung fu actors. I only learnt later that he had a chinese father and an italian mother. That explains his good looks. Quite a decent actor too. He came from wealth even before he was in the movies. That explains that sophisticated presence he has about him.:smile:

Did you see this link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDxZ...eature=related

The son you speak of, and the younger is there too, the older son says a few things. I just do not understand Mandarin. heh heh. Maybe you do, or know someone who does? I have seen little info about Fei, let alone his family. We want more of course.

And Betty Pei Ti, you were anticipating Andy Lau's birthday next week, September 27. Happy birthday Andy Lau, turning 48! Good job.

Does anyone have any information on Fei's son Gabriel Yang??. That is the son he had when he was married to Elizabeth Oropesa

Hello

I don't found yet information about Gabriel Yang, but I transcribe here a interview with references to Elizabeth Oropesa, ex wife of Meng Fei that could be useful.

-------------------------------------------------

Manila, November 12, 2002 (STAR) By Miriam Garcia Desacada - For the first time, actress Elizabeth Oropesa says she’s married the man with whom she is truly in love.

"La Oropesa" met 23-year-old physical therapist Joel Valdez at a gym in Makati City where they both worked out. Brushing aside comments about their May-December relationship, they were married in a simple civil ceremony at a beach resort last Nov. 8.

"For the first time in my life, I am in love," Oropesa exclaimed.

The actress’ young son by former husband Meng Fei, a Chinese movie actor based in Taipei, and her mother, Flordeliza Freeman, attended the wedding, which was held at the Gala beach resort in Barangay Dacul in Taft, Eastern Samar, 250 kilometers east of this city.

It was Oropesa’s fifth marriage and a first for Valdez.

Valdez, a native of Taft, was described to have "movie-star looks." He appeared shy and could just say "thank you" to well-wishers.

Guests at the wedding said Oropesa looked much younger than her 48 years. She delighted the crowd when she gamely danced the "curacha" during the reception.

The principal sponsors included Rep. Marcelino Libanan, Pasay City Mayor Peewee Trinidad, hairdresser Fanny Serrano, Taft Mayor Francisco Adalim and Vice Mayor Cornelio Adel, as well as other known personalities in Eastern Samar.

Oropesa was already married, and a mother, when she joined the Binibining Pilipinas beauty pageant as her passport to the movies.

When she was already a movie actress, she was romantically linked to drama actor Dante Rivero and other men before she met Meng Fei and lived with him for several years.

They separated and Oropesa lived in with a certain Raymond Ablan. After they also separated, she reconciled with Meng and she stayed in Taipei for a few years.

After Oropesa and Meng parted ways again, she made a movie comeback in 1993 and became involved with younger men, including Ginoong Pilipinas titleholder and now bold actor Danny Ramos.

She was also married to a certain Mark Roces, with whom she has a daughter, Genevieve.

----------

Is hard to find details of private life of Meng Fei, I read an article in dutch but not information about his birthday or his relationship with Oropesa or other women, or his sons.

Alexandra

Thank you for the article Alexandra. You are a doll. Hi to all the other members too. If I receive any info, I will be sure to share it with you all. These chinese guys do keep their privacy well huh?.

Look at Andy Lau. It took 24 yrs for him to say he was involved with his now wife. We just have to keep digging about our dear Meng Fei.

Thank you for the article Alexandra. You are a doll. Hi to all the other members too. If I receive any info, I will be sure to share it with you all. These chinese guys do keep their privacy well huh?.

Look at Andy Lau. It took 24 yrs for him to say he was involved with his now wife. We just have to keep digging about our dear Meng Fei.

I really don't understand why Meng Fei is so reservated for his private life, and why he choose to stay shooting in little movies companies in Taiwan, and never go into Shaw Brothers machine of dreams. His birthdate is the most incredible secret, and accepting that he has all the rights to keep his private life in silence, in my opinion is a pain for the fans. To find pictures, movies remastered, magazines, interviews, or memorabilia, is worst that an archaological campaign! :smile:

See you

Alexandra

I really don't understand why Meng Fei is so reservated for his private life, and why he choose to stay shooting in little movies companies in Taiwan, and never go into Shaw Brothers machine of dreams. His birthdate is the most incredible secret, and accepting that he has all the rights to keep his private life in silence, in my opinion is a pain for the fans. To find pictures, movies remastered, magazines, interviews, or memorabilia, is worst that an archaological campaign! :smile:

See you

Alexandra

Meng Fei did do a couple of Shaw Bros films, namely Five Shoalin Master (he was one of the five) and Magnificent Wanderers. When Chang Cheh returned back to Hong Kong from his 'exile' in Taiwan, I guess he preferred to take the Venoms back with him. Or maybe Meng Fei didn't like the conditions of the contract offered to him, if they offered to take him on at Shaws.

KFS

Meng Fei did do a couple of Shaw Bros films, namely Five Shoalin Master (he was one of the five) and Magnificent Wanderers. When Chang Cheh returned back to Hong Kong from his 'exile' in Taiwan, I guess he preferred to take the Venoms back with him. Or maybe Meng Fei didn't like the conditions of the contract offered to him, if they offered to take him on at Shaws.

KFS

Oh, Kung Fu Samurai, please, please, forgive me, please, but Meng Fei isn't in "Magnificent Wanderers", it would have been way cool if he had been. (Fu Sheng, David Chiang, Chi Kuan Chun and Li I Min were the leads.)

:yociexp98: