Meng Fei

Alexandra

It looks like one of Meng Fei's TV productions, and it would be very fun to see the whole show. Does anyone know which one it is? It looks similar to one of the Condor stories, but I am just guessing. Meng Fei, as always, looks fabulous.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

:11_003:

Thanks Mars!:smile:

It is from Return of the Condor Heroes, a tv drama of 1984, broadcasted by CTV Taiwan, starred by Meng Fei and Angela Pan, with a total of 17 episodes. Those episodes are not posted in YouTube, only few minutes in short video clips, I don't know if they are in other site.

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4207

Alexandra

Short video clip of Seven Promises (1980)

Hong Kong, Director: Au-Yeung Wang.

Meng Fei, Yueh Hua, Ha Ling Ling

m9N4AgABzHs&feature=related

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4446

Alexandra:smile:

MarsHarmony

That is a great little montage clip from Seven Promises. I have seen the dubbed version, but pleased to see even a few moments of the original language version, it gives me hope that maybe it can be remastered someday. Classically good!

Hola Liza!

I ve watched this lady in some internet sites, but I can't remember the name and can't read chinese or other asian languages, seems to me that is a kind of fiancée but not sure....

If I get more info, I will post it. :smile:

Alexandra

Following with the ladies whom shared screen with Fei Fei, I mentioned Seven Promises (1980) Direction: Au-Yeung Wang.

The actress in this film was Hsia Ling Ling. She was born in Taiwan in 1953 and made 39 movies from 1973 to 1986.

Alexandra

post-947-144191888773_thumb.jpg

Ah! Mars posted a video of Take the Rap, and I gave it as a gift for my birthday! Thanks to all the people that sent to me compliments, best wishes, thanks!

I share this day, my hapiness, with all the people here!!!

:yociexp50:

Alexandra

P'an Ku made the retouching, resizing, and other "tricks" in this picture. I am very grateful with him, because is a nice person, thanks for helping!

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4528

Quote: since the pictures of Fei Fei are rares (in internet) the scans too, or they are very damaged, poor in pixels, or with other aesthetic details, those images need a special care, and time to find them! :tongue:

Thanks again P'an Ku!!!

Alexandra

Shaolin King Boxer

Meng Fei, Chen Kuan Tai

I add: "Fantastic Fan Fight" or "Powerful Elegance" or "Killer Smile"....

or better I write in castillian:

Dios bendiga a este hombre. Era tan lindo y simpático de joven que dan ganas de darle una bofetada!

:tongue:

YtUZZSs3TnI

MarsHarmony

Also known as Iron Fists (1979). Oh, boy, I sure hope I find a dvd of this one someday, looks great. Good find, Alexandra, thanks for sharing it with us.

I ve found a treasure, looking for some stuff in Buenos Aires, I met a man whom collect since 30 years, all kind of VHS. He has zillions VHS, all the genres, all the countries, all the languages, whatever. Is a maniac. In my country, the chinese cinema was never promoted, NEVER, only Bruce Lee. We were out of the international market of East Asian movies production for unknown reasons. In the late '90, few Jackie Chan's movies came and made some effects in the audience but still, all the marvels of the cinema asian industry remained in silence. But this man told to me that in the age of the VHS, in the eighties, here in Buenos Aires, some little business grew up, with the raising of the video clubs (that was a success here and of course in other countries, the success of the video clubs with VHS rental or sale), many "VHS seals" released many cinema titles not only for rental but for sale and the people like me, use to rent a movie, watch it and return it after 24 hours, or buy it. But with the "dvd era" here the "video clubs" closed, in bankrupt, and the VHS was forgotten and today zillions of VHS are selling like antiquities only for melancholics or "retro wave lovers". This man is a fan of the VHS and collect tons and tons, buy all he can find in his way. And store the tons in his house, a little far from the downtown of Buenos Aires, from the carpet to the roof, in many rooms. Is impossible to walk in between those VHS. He has not catalogue. He argues "not time". Only his memory but when I asked to him "some chinese movie" he remembered some titles and suddenly he took one VHS .... and that was The Silver Spear. I could not believe. He told to me that the seal that edited it called "Kromos" (of course all those labels do not exist anymore in Argentina) used to edit some martial art or asian movies... and he sold to me this movie. He promissed me to keep looking for more titles.

I went to my house mom where is my old VHS player, and I watched The Silver Spear. I could not believe. The quality of the image and the spanish subtitles are fabulous.

Of course in the eighties the people knew only pictures of ninjas, or some fighters in magazines and copy them for illustrate the covers, so the front image is not properly from the film, I ignore where the people get the images in the back, they are from the movie itself. There are errors in the crew and the director name, maybe because they have not information like today in internet... only few magazines I guess...

I have not the correct names of the actors in the characters so if someone can help...

The plot: four grooms from the Jade's Palace are reunited because they want to marry Green Plum's daughter. They are:

Fast Steed (Tien Peng)

Silver Spear (I do not recognize the name of the actor)

Red Leaf (I do not recognize the name of the actor)

Green Lotus (Meng Fei)

Meng Fei plays the first five minutes of the movie :cry:, but Tien Peng and the actor whom plays Silver Spear made a great work. In the middle of a fantastic journey, appears a misterious lady whom sells white jasmins, a vampire called Master 13 and two buddha monks with some powers....

Good movie indeed. I am very happy with the finding. I was dissapointed with the short work of Meng Fei on it, but the sensational finding worth the pain.

I forgot the pictures of the VHS case!

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4686

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4685

The title is "Al Filo de la Espada", nothing related or translated from "Silver Spear". The actors in the front page are not the involved in the film. Just fantasy. I erased (badly) an old label with photoshop, near the sabre. At the back the shots do not match with the film. And below, some mistakes in some crew's names and director.

It is normal that the people whom made those VHS had not clue about what they are dealing with. They illustrate martial art stuff with ninja men, nunchaku, sabre, or some strange chinese boxer in a weird situation, or a buddha monk, just for graphics. I don't blame them, we never had magazines or international information at this time (eighties and nineties) for learn more about chinese cinema.

Sorry, at the back, the left image, is the only that belongs to the movie, and the only one I found in internet too.

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=4687

Thanks so much for sharing Alexandra. :) Always cool seeing these old VHS (and info), especially the foreign pics.

Thanks so much for sharing Alexandra. :) Always cool seeing these old VHS (and info), especially the foreign pics.

You welcome! :nerd: