Meng Fei

Alexandra

HELLO to everyone. I was away from the thread for awhile because I hurt my hand and typing was next to impossible. I am recovered now so I am back!!!. Hello Alexandra, Athena, Bach, Ms Oropesa. I really miss being able to type to the things you all have to say. Yes this thread has very wonderful, caring and well read members. I am proud to be part of this forum. We all share a mutual resect and admiration for Meng Fei. Miss Oropesa was fortunate to share his life as his wife and mother to his handsome son Gabriel. Alexandra, you did a good thing in opening this forum. Thank you.

Welcome Andrew, we are pleased to have you join us. You seem to live a very exciting life with your work. I plan to make Manilla one of my next vacation stops.

I absolutely loved Kitty Meng Chu with Meng Fei in Green Jade Statuette. It is funny how Fei Fei seemed to have had a good chemistry with all of his leading ladies co-stars. That is the mark of a true showman. Not many actors from any movie genre have the screen ability to do that. Hats off to Fei.

Alexandra, you did a good thing in opening this forum. Thank you.

Hello ...welcome back! :smile: I am a simple person who launched the thread, you and the people here make this dream possible. All the merits goes to the fans whom build this space every day with their commentars, experiences, feelings.... :smile:

Hugs

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=3777

Alexandra

Short scenes from Inmortal Warriors (1979)

Jackie Chan is credited as one of the choreographers! Is true? :ooh:

d70s0iHXjbU

Enjoy! :smile:

Alexandra

Speaking about Inmortal Warriors, appears the figure of Polly Shang - Kwan (also known as Polly Kwan, Shang-Kwan Ling Feng, Ling Feng Shang Kwan)

She was born in Taiwan, 10 october 1949. After moving to Hong Kong, around 1965, she joined the United Film Corporation and began studying martial arts (tae kwon do, judo and karate). She was trained too in chinese opera and film acting. Polly present a different heroine, cute, sweet, with good humor, but also a dangerous fighter.

She made 60 films, since 1967 to 1992. In 1973, she won the Golden Horse Award in the category of Best Actress for Back Alley Prince.

Polly shares screen with Meng Fei in Inmortal Warriors (1979).

Now she lives in California.

picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=3852

Alexandra

I'm also a fan of Meng fei, the 1st time i saw him was on the movie Green Jade Statue.

It was only at my age of 19 that i truly started admiring him, i saw his tv series on a chinese channel, titled The Bride with White Hair (神州俠侶) with Pan Yin Tze, and every since i started searching for other tv series of him.

And i managed to record and downloaded this 3 of tv series namely:

Return of Condor Heroes (神鵰俠侶)

The Sacred Arrow of Spirit Mountain (靈山神箭)

The Bride with White Hair (神州俠侶)

I'm also a fan of Meng fei, the 1st time i saw him was on the movie Green Jade Statue.

It was only at my age of 19 that i truly started admiring him, i saw his tv series on a chinese channel, titled The Bride with White Hair (神州俠侶) with Pan Yin Tze, and every since i started searching for other tv series of him.

And i managed to record and downloaded this 3 of tv series namely:

Return of Condor Heroes (神鵰俠侶)

The Sacred Arrow of Spirit Mountain (靈山神箭)

The Bride with White Hair (神州俠侶)

Hello and welcome on board Victorysaber!!! :smile:

It would be nice if you tell us a little about you, where you live, if you can speak and read chinese or other oriental languages, etc. The tv series you enlisted are formidable titles.

Alexandra

I was born in the country of Philippines, im pure chinese but i only knew a few fookien words. But when watching Meng Fei tv series, i was able to keep on learning other chinese language like mandarin.

Maybe what drove me to his tv series was the love story and also the fighting scenes.

Hello and welcome on board Victorysaber!!! :smile:

It would be nice if you tell us a little about you, where you live, if you can speak and read chinese or other oriental languages, etc. The tv series you enlisted are formidable titles.

Alexandra

Welcome to the forum Victorysaber. It is fantastic to have you.You mentioned a seires that you watched with Meng Fei that has piqued my curiosity. you mentioned The Return Of The Condor Heroes. I have a TVBI series with that same name with english subtitles andthere are seventeen dvds in the series. This series stars Andy Lau Tak Wah. I have not watched it yet as my work keeps me busy and I only recently received it. Is it the same series that has Meng Fei?. If it is, I will make time real fast to watch it.

Again, it is a pleasure to have you join us Victory saber. I look forward to reading your Meng Fei imput.

Thanks for the warm greetings! Yup! its really nice to be here.

Because its really nice to have people that appreciates the same series as i do.

Yes its definitely the same series, actually the return of the condor heroes tv series, was remake at least 6 times already (with different actors/actresses). With some add on scenes. I was not able to watch the Andy Lau version 1983.

The one that i was able to watch is the 1984 version with Meng fei and Angela Pan, 1995 Louis Koo, Carman Lee and 2006 Huang Xiaoming,Liu Yifei. And for me the best remake was the 1995, cause the stars on that series did a great job in acting.

The Best Special effects would be the 2006.

Welcome to the forum Victorysaber. It is fantastic to have you.You mentioned a seires that you watched with Meng Fei that has piqued my curiosity. you mentioned The Return Of The Condor Heroes. I have a TVBI series with that same name with english subtitles andthere are seventeen dvds in the series. This series stars Andy Lau Tak Wah. I have not watched it yet as my work keeps me busy and I only recently received it. Is it the same series that has Meng Fei?. If it is, I will make time real fast to watch it.

Again, it is a pleasure to have you join us Victory saber. I look forward to reading your Meng Fei imput.

Happy New Year to you, and thank you so much for hosting this great thread about the super cool Meng Fei! I still hope that someday soon, more of his films will be restored to widescreen glory.

Hello

It is all yours. A gift for the New Year. :angel:

colFQgrREWQ&feature=recentlik

Now, tell me, who's the queen here? Give me sugar! :wink2:

Alexandra

What an amazing find! I never imagined seeing a video like this, although it is no surprise Meng Fei would love to sing. I do not recognize the lovely woman with him. Meng Fei looks so casual and handsome and that's a nice color on him. The song is beautiful, very romantic.Thanks for finding and sharing that with all the Meng Fei fans!

:yociexp50:

Thanks Shapes for the info about Chen Mei Fung.

Here, Meng Fei introducing an award in the 54th. edition of Asia - Pacific Film Festival, on december 2010. The film festival is held annually in a country designated by the Board of Directors of the Federation of Motion Picture Producers in Asia-Pacific.

Jackie Chan received the Outstanding Film Achievement Award.

Meng Fei looks fantastic! :smile: I love his voice! (no subtitles, sorry)

qDKU_y-3UHc

Alexandra

Meng Fei looks great and Che Yi Long ( I am only spelling that as close to what I could hear, and a correction will be most welcome) is a stunning beauty, I loved both of their attires.

I wish I understood what they were saying, especially the story Meng Fei was telling, I am sure it was interesting. He did though, say "best director" in English, and that was very fun to hear. What a kick to get to see this part of the award ceremony, and seeing Sammo Hung and Jackie Chan in the audience! Thanks for finding and sharing that with us, Alexandra. Very, very cool indeed!

Thanks Mars:smile:

A friend of mine, heard a little, via telephone the audio of the video, and told to me, in his precarious resume of something that he is not watching or translating carefully (because has not time for me never !!! :cry:), that Meng Fei was talking about direction stuff, the intense work of a cinema director, and when he was directed, some memories of his career...

Well, if someone can translate in a resume what is Meng Fei talking will be welcome. :smile:

Alexandra

It looks like one of Meng Fei's TV productions, and it would be very fun to see the whole show. Does anyone know which one it is? It looks similar to one of the Condor stories, but I am just guessing. Meng Fei, as always, looks fabulous.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

:11_003: