EAGLE HAN VS. TOMMY LEE.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Eagle Han and Tommy Lee.

Both outstanding kung fu stars.

They both play villains more than not.

They both direct the action.

Who do like better as star-director etc.?

GD Y-Y

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy Lee!

I like his good work with..

The Hot, the Cool and the Vicious (1976)

Eagle's Claw (1977)

Phantom Kung Fu (1978)

Without a Promised Land (1980)

Impossible Woman (1983)

ironfistedmonk

Tommy Lee was involved in the better productions but Han Ying had the skills over Tommy IMO, the guy was a great kicker (he was Korean tho) and his fist work is pretty sharp, he was the don in Death Duel of Kung Fu

butcher wing

Tommy love Hot, Cool, and Viscious and Shaolin Red Master. Plus he is meaner looking, especially with that blonde hair of his in Hot, Cold and Viscious.

kungfusamurai

Even though I've bought a number of films that featured Tommy Lee's choreography and fighting, I haven't really been as impressed by him as other people here. I don't think he's bad or annoying, I just don't find he stands out.

I can say the same thing about Han Ying. From what I can tell from his appearances in various Korean kung fu flicks, he's a Hapkido practitioner. I forgot he appeared in the Taiwan produced, Korean filmed movie Death Duel Of Kung Fu. He does a great job in the finale against John Liu and Wong Tao, using what appears to be mantis fist.

So, even though I don't find anything exciting about either guy, I'd probably lean toward Han Ying because his style is a bit more interesting and stands out more.

_C65FHnQMmg

KFS

TibetanWhiteCrane

Tommy Lee was a lazy bastard! Wong Tao says that numerous times on the AC for Along Comes The Tiger! And I don't find his choreo earth shattering by any means (except for Seven Steps Of Kung Fu). But it was always solid. Lot of weird styles, lot of moves he made up on the fly! The choreo he did for the Lee Tso Nam flicks is certainly satisfying. But he never topped his work on Seven Steps Of Kung Fu, in my opinion!

I just haven't seen enough Eagle Han stuff to pick him over Tommy!

Archived