Martial arts movie music question...

OldPangYau

All right, it's been bugging me forever, as this music cue has popped up in countless martial arts films, especially Bruceploitation ones. Does anyone know the music cue playing at 1:14 in this video:

Challenge of the Tiger opening

(WARNING! After three minutes, the video is NSFW :P)

It's the only clip I could find of this music without sound or dialogue interrupting. It sounds like a James Bond cue (lord knows a ton of these films lifted James Bond music cues, from Bruce Lee to Shaw Brothers), but I can't be sure. Any help?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai
All right, it's been bugging me forever, as this music cue has popped up in countless martial arts films, especially Bruceploitation ones. Does anyone know the music cue playing at 1:14 in this video:

Challenge of the Tiger opening

(WARNING! After three minutes, the video is NSFW :P)

It's the only clip I could find of this music without sound or dialogue interrupting. It sounds like a James Bond cue (lord knows a ton of these films lifted James Bond music cues, from Bruce Lee to Shaw Brothers), but I can't be sure. Any help?

I seem to recall some kung fu films have cues from Spy Who Loved Me, but I don't think that's it. It does sound familiar. It might even just be from some library record that everyone used. Sorry, I can't be of much help. I don't collect Bond movies, so I couldn't tell if it is or isn't from any specific Bond flick.

The only music I recognize is during the nice boobies sequence, which is Montego Bay, probably the Bar-Kays version.

KFS

Hey, no problem, it's nice to get a response anyway :D But yeah, it sounds very "Live And Let Die era". Plenty of films have "borrowed" Bond music, including Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, New Game of Death, Soul Brothers of Kung Fu (which blatantly uses Live And Let Die), Way of the Dragon, and too many others to count! Maybe I should watch more Bond films!

Killer Meteor

Its not from a Bond film for sure, maybe a Western?

BTW, love the passionate embrace between those two seconds after creating a way to destroy the human race via sterilization!

Archived