Brave archer

Beer Fu

Here in minnesota I don't have a lot of options other than FyE or best Buy for retailers of Kung Fu. One movie I see every time I look however is Brave Archer. Is this movie worth buying? I can't find a review of it anywhere in the index. I believe it's a celestial production, so I figured it has to be decently done at least.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have three copies; VHS, DVD Transfer, and new Enhanced Remastered DVD, and have yet to watch any beginning to end.

... I think I have them to complete my Shaw Kung Fu library.

:angel:

Pick it up. It is a really good movie. It gets boring from time to time, but it has some good action and a some funny moments. Good movie

I enjoyed Brave Archer 1 and 2. Kind of strange movies---sort of like Chang Cheh venturing into Chu Yuan-type clan stories. They're a nice change of pace, with some great characters and nice fight scenes. I really did not care for part 3 at all, though. I thought it was way too light on action, and then when it did come, it was terribly undercranked.

I really did not care for part 3 at all, though. I thought it was way too light on action, and then when it did come, it was terribly undercranked.

Agree. Many seem to rave on how the action at the end of BA3 is one of the Venoms best.

I must have missed something as I've never understood what all the hoopla was about.

In trying to collect the Media Blasters series of Shaw Bros films, I finally picked this up at Best Buy yesterday, but have yet to watch it. I hope to watch it before going back to work on friday (along with Black Magic 2 in full). Best price I've seen as well, at $12.99. Strangely, some of the MB Shaws at Best Buy are $14.99 (Challenge of the Masters), while others are $12.99 (The Master).

Archived