THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE MARTIAL ARTS MOVIES OF THE 1970s

Omni Dragon

MissScarlett101
Glad you brought this up. I had emailed the author some time ago about this but never heard back from him.

Good to see there's a release date. I have mine pre-ordered through Amazon.

51M0mKtV+GL._SS500_.jpg

Have a specific question for him? I know people who know...yadda, yadda... I'd be glad to ask for you :) ...or anyone else while I'm at it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omni Dragon

Looks Interesting.:)

Have a specific question for him? I know people who know...yadda, yadda... I'd be glad to ask for you :) ...or anyone else while I'm at it.

Can't recall what my original email contained. Perhaps it was about the release date but now that has been established. You could ask him about this "Volume 1" though. How many other volumes are planned, what do they cover and when might we be seeing them hit the street? Thanks....

Guest Markgway

Isn't that the dude who was last seen talking to Fox News about David Carradine-Triad assassination conspiracies?

Omni Dragon
Isn't that the dude who was last seen talking to Fox News about David Carradine-Triad assassination conspiracies?

Yeah i think right.

MissScarlett101
Can't recall what my original email contained. Perhaps it was about the release date but now that has been established. You could ask him about this "Volume 1" though. How many other volumes are planned, what do they cover and when might we be seeing them hit the street? Thanks....

I received your answer to your question :)

"If this one goes well, then there will be volumes covering each decade, '80s, '90s, '00s."

Also, there was a note asking to find out where you sent your email question (to what e-ddress).

Omni Dragon

I've changed the name of the thread because of the talk of the Craig Reid book as well as Bey's.

I received your answer to your question :)

"If this one goes well, then there will be volumes covering each decade, '80s, '90s, '00s."

Also, there was a note asking to find out where you sent your email question (to what e-ddress).

That's great. Love to see one for the 80s.

As for what e-addy? I don't recall. Found it via a search. Not sure if it was a hotlink or not.

MissScarlett101

Craig said: "Crickey, surprised anyone heard that...yeah, twas me. They were trying hard to have me say it was a conspiracy, but how in god's name would I know that? to me it would be irresponsible to spout out theories without any kind of proof, they just wanted to sensationalize things, regardless if it was founded or not."

MS101 - Thanks for your PM.

Understand the "doc" has 3500 martial arts flix?

If he has time, the man should stop in the forum for a visit.

Bet he'd be quite popular and have lots of new "patients" ...err, "fans." :D

Please send him an invite on behalf of myself and the forum.

I'm sure we'd find his tales in the biz quite engaging.

MissScarlett101
MS101 - Thanks for your PM.

Understand the "doc" has 3500 martial arts flix?

If he has time, the man should stop in the forum for a visit.

Bet he'd be quite popular and have lots of new "patients" ...err, "fans." :D

Please send him an invite on behalf of myself and the forum.

I'm sure we'd find his tales in the biz quite engaging.

Craig's doctorate is in Medical Entomology actually (I asked ;). I wonder where one puts that many films (becuz you know most of them are old and on VHS, etc.)

From what I understand, he's crazy busy writing right now. I was told he is planning to "get out there" more soon though--Twitter, Facebook, that kind of thing... I will send along the invitation though.

Have any of you ever visited Alive Not Dead? Lotsa film fans (and filmmakers) there.

From what I understand, he's crazy busy writing right now. I was told he is planning to "get out there" more soon though--Twitter, Facebook, that kind of thing... I will send along the invitation though.

Yes, please do. Would be good to get some more publicity for his book out there.

I'm sure many here would pick it up if they were aware of it and his interaction would certainly generate such.

Have any of you ever visited Alive Not Dead? Lotsa film fans (and filmmakers) there.

Yes, I have actually. Big Mike has a page over there, as well as, a few other regulars. Does the doc have a page there?

Guest Markgway
Craig said: "Crickey, surprised anyone heard that...yeah, twas me. They were trying hard to have me say it was a conspiracy, but how in god's name would I know that? to me it would be irresponsible to spout out theories without any kind of proof, they just wanted to sensationalize things, regardless if it was founded or not."

I agree with that, although I think it would've been better for him to simply have not taken part in the debate. To even discuss such matters with media muppets like Fox News is to lower oneself to their level. I understand the need for publicity, but there has to be a line, you know... That aside the book sounds very interesting.

MissScarlett101
Yes, please do. Would be good to get some more publicity for his book out there.

I'm sure many here would pick it up if they were aware of it and his interaction would certainly generate such.

I will get the message to him. . .

Does the doc have a page there?

Not yet, but I am working on him. . .

Good day everybody, this is my first venture onto the forum page. I'm not that savy on these type of things yet or all the proper protocols, so please bare with me. Thank you for the invite and I look foward to chatting with you all a bit on my my experiences as a token white guy that got my butt kicked in as an actor/stuntman in Chinese kung fu films and TV in the late 1970s in Taiwan (right after America broke relations with the country, so it was a freeeaaaaky time), my film collection (now over 5000 martial arts films, yep, kung fu geek to the max) and please excuse my plug for my upcoming book The Utlimate Guide to the Martial Arts Movies of the 1970s.

MissScarlett101
Good day everybody, this is my first venture onto the forum page.

:monkey07 Yeeeeee! You made it!

Good to see you aboard. When you have time, please let us know some of the specifics of your upcoming book. Thanks...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Good day everybody, this is my first venture onto the forum page.

Hey Doc, welcome! ;)

We are looking forward to hearing any and all stories you'd care to share, and please don't worry about "protocol" and such. You love kung fu? You're in! XD Also, no apologies needed as far as plugging your book goes- I can't wait to buy it, and many thanks for writing it.

Hey MissScarlett101, thanks for being our go-between with the Doc. That was cool of you.

MissScarlett101
Hey Doc, welcome! ;)

Hey MissScarlett101, thanks for being our go-between with the Doc. That was cool of you.

In the immortal words of Eek the Cat, "it never hurts to help!" :D

Jesse Smooth

DrCraig, I enjoy reading your "But Still..." columns in Kung Fu Magazine.

Welcome.

My fellow kung fu films fans, thank you all for a great welcome, it does the soul good to know that there are a lot of genuine lads and lasses enjoying the genre.

Hey Mike, hope things went well with the shoot.

I actually just finished watching the last 56 films films for the book. The sad thing is I was only able to watch a bit over 600 films and I'll be writing on over 500 of them (since not all had enough martial arts action in them to warrant covering them).

Should be over 600,000 words, yikes my finger tips are raw.

tantao3-son of tantao2

DrCraig...great news...finally a book by someone who knows at least "a little bit"...remember you filming with Ting Shan Hsi among others...will become the book of the decade for martial arts film fans...

I wish I had known more about David (Ting) back then (1979), I would have interrogated him about all of his great films. He was always happy to sit down and yak about films, but I was just starting out, knew piddley, and didn't know what to ask. He was good to me, used me on other projects. I often wonder where he is and would love to hook up and yak with him. Same with Judy Lee (Chia Lin).

Jesse Smooth

Doesn't Chia Ling live in the US? Years ago, I heard she was living in Florida? I can't remember the source though.

Archived